For the ppl who THINK they been playing for 11+ years

Bmms

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still find these topics funny, there were barely a thousand players playing then and it seems all of them exist on this forum and got "hacked" or "quit" which explains there complete lack of knowledge of what was going on then :roll:

485th person to ever play RuneScape

Blue107- perm banned 10/12/2007. $300 USD reward if you can get me in contact with someone who will take 5 seconds to look at evidence and get my original character unbanned. 

I still find these topics funny, there were barely a thousand players playing then and it seems all of them exist on this forum and got "hacked" or "quit" which explains there complete lack of knowledge of what was going on then :roll:

Your right , every body else is wrong. JAck @$$

Meeturpker

99 hp before you

Ever hear of DeviousMUD? It was out before RSC

128+ Combat \\ 1900+ Total Level \\ 85M+ EXP

5,999th To 99 Woodcutting Achieved June 27, 2007

66,931st To 99 Strength Achieved January 23rd, 2009

Draconic Visage: 1+ \\ DK Drops: 169+ \\ GWD Drops: 74+

• 3 weeks later...

Look morons, if your going to lie about playing before the official beta release in 2001 LIGHTNING WILL KNOW!

She was the second player to sign up for rs and beta tested it for 6 months, with a grand total of about 10 people who also played..

If you played a game for 6 months with only 10 people im pretty sure you would have an idea who they are.

So shut your lieing mouths, honestly, you dont get e credit and a cookie for being a lieing kid.

Well, reading this topic has been very, and i use the term vaguely, interesting.

I cant say the exact date i started playing runescape (who honestly remembers when they sign up for a game they are still playing years later) but i do know some facts.

I remember signing up in school, dates are from 1995-2000 then 2000 to 2002. Secondary for 5 years then sixth form for 2 (higher education for those who dont know :D )

Now i was pretty sure it was before sixth form, but if the game wasn't released till 2001, it must have been sixth form. I remember the black website with the "beta" title when signing in. So around 6 years.

Now i know there were more than 10 players when i started playing so im not saying that im part of the "elite" few who have shown they must be recognised. The term "its just a game" springs to mind. :boohoo:

However i do have a few points to mention.

1. Even Jagex customer support verified that they cannot be specific with dates on earlier releases prior to 2001. So saying someone did or didn't play before this date is not for anyone to decide. If you have hard evidence, then fine, argue till your hearts content, but how many people even thought of taking a screenshot with timestamp back then??

2. To all people quoting WikiPedia. It is a human edited knowledgebase. Key term: "human edited". Regardless of this post or even to do with runescape, there have been countless reports of information being changed by anyone and everyone who knows how, thus making it inaccurate. So saying "get your facts right, wiki says..." is no more fact than saying "I met Adolf Hitler in 663bc, see it even says it on wiki". So what if Andrew wrote the original info on wikipedia, it could have been edited hundreds if not thousands of times to something far from the truth.

3. With reference to other websites other than WikiPedia. These are only as accurate as the people that made them. If the person was wrong... Get my drift??

So in conclusion, I have been playing...... a long time. There are others who have been playing longer, others who haven't. What does it matter, everyone helped Runescape become what it is today.

I got facts to prove that the original runescape (DeviousMUD) was tested in 1998, And released to the public for 1 week http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RuneScape

Just scroll down and you'll see DeviousMUD :roll:

128+ Combat \\ 1900+ Total Level \\ 85M+ EXP

5,999th To 99 Woodcutting Achieved June 27, 2007

66,931st To 99 Strength Achieved January 23rd, 2009

Draconic Visage: 1+ \\ DK Drops: 169+ \\ GWD Drops: 74+

I got facts to prove that the original runescape (DeviousMUD) was tested in 1998, And released to the public for 1 week http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RuneScape

Just scroll down and you'll see DeviousMUD :roll:

DeviousMUD was DeviousMUD, it had a fair way to go before turning into RuneScape... And thus cannot be considered RuneScape.

And once again, wikipedia = user-made content. Don't take everything there for true without further questions..

Vmser.png

sry i didnt get aroudn to changing the topic name

it was 5+ years then it was 6+years, now bump to 7+:)

sry i been playign wow my bad for changing it

a91e22ec.gif
Aefx(started 11/1/2002) Cb: 200 TS: 1900+
Bmms--Jr(Started on 1/24/06)(Banned 11/13/09 ) Cb: 119(pre-eoc) TS: 1700+
Bmms(Started 8/?/2001)(Banned 1/24/06 ) Cb: 101(pre-eoc) TS: 1350+

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for pointing out that Bmms. I've had my account (WolfHunterXZ) for a bit over 5 years now. :) I unfortunately, cannot play on RSC anymore due to 1) I wasn't a member, and 2) I hadn't been on it for 6 months or whatever. Which SUCKS. Because I wish I could! I have bunny ears to prove I was on RSC too :(

Oh well.

Wolfy is Officially Retired.

I miss you all (Well, mostly my friends n stuff)

If you want to talk to me, send me a message, I check the boards daily. :D

The first runescape you were able to chose if you were a warrior/mage or if you were going to be a beast i believe from what i remember, i played this game when i was like 10 i swear, it was a really old version.

warrior, mage, miner or adventurer I believe ,there were 4 classes.

None of them were beasts though.

Vmser.png

you could choose to be an archer too if i remember right? or did that come to the game later. Warrior had atk, str and def 3 in the beginning. Adventurer had 2 + melee stats and also magics ? archer had like 6 ranged in the beginning? or does my memory fail me totalyl :S or did archers come only after white magic was removed?

teh most hated castle pker lvl 80-90 ;( (year 2003)

you could choose to be an archer too if i remember right? or did that come to the game later. Warrior had atk, str and def 3 in the beginning. Adventurer had 2 + melee stats and also magics ? archer had like 6 ranged in the beginning? or does my memory fail me totalyl :S or did archers come only after white magic was removed?

I only remember Mage, MINER, Adventurer and Warrior.

I don't play anymore because off all the non honor pkers out there who is making this game VERRY boring...

*-* F2P Legend *-*

• 1 month later...

hehe. i read this entire topic. very informative. Im still not sure what the things people are saying are 100% accurate. That one guy said he alpha tested in 1996? Was he like friends with andrew or something... well... what do i knew i joined way late. <.<

Thanks everyone for sharing the information i appreciate it. I just learned a whole lot more about old skool rs and how it was... and how much more i wish i could play rsc...

blackmfmcape,Issac%20Amisov.gif

Issac%20amisov.gif

CHECK OUT MY TOPIC TO 99 FIREMAKING

Proud Runescaper Since 2003

"Skiller Fo' Lyfe"

• 1 month later...

Someone said ad battle axes were the best weapons. Not until Asgarnia was open. Before that, they were ad longs.

The first runescape you were able to chose if you were a warrior/mage or if you were going to be a beast i believe from what i remember, i played this game when i was like 10 i swear, it was a really old version.

How come I have a distant memory that there was a necromancer, not miner? Miner replaced necromancer. Any old school to confirm this? There was after all evil and good magic.

You also forgot archer.

Someone said ad battle axes were the best weapons. Not until Asgarnia was open. Before that, they were ad longs.

How come I have a distant memory that there was a necromancer, not miner? Miner replaced necromancer. Any old school to confirm this? There was after all evil and good magic.

You also forgot archer.

You're right, there was necromancer. Being a necromancer gave 6+ in Bad Magic. Warrior, ranger, adventurer, necromancer, wizard (mage).

no one here played devious mud, only reason people actually know about it is cause Andrew use to have a old site for when he was a poor dum brit that he had hosted some pictures up on of it. People eventually got a hold of them. Im sure you can find the site again , also had some real life pictures of him and paul on it with a few of their computer class buddies. They looked worst then i could imagine them to be sadly. But made a good game lol.

Meeturpker

99 hp before you