For the ppl who THINK they been playing for 11+ years

Bmms

EDIT: i can count

Things i remember:

Talk about RS2 BETA

Password-grabber RS2 BETA sites

Having the choice of:

-----------------Warrior (+4 in all combat skills, CB ?5?)

-----------------Ranger (5+ Range)

-----------------Miner (+5 Mining, +5 smithing)

-----------------Adventurer (+2 CB skills, 2mining,2 smithing, lvl2 most things)

The tiny little chat box - Ah memorys, and people complain about it now

No totourial island

no fatique

fatique 100%

no fatique

LOTS OF OTHERS that i cant remember

Joined Runescape: 23/01/02 |||. Retired from Runescape: 07/07/2007

[hide=Quotes]

Elfs creating a crystal Axe would be like GreenPeace creating a Nuclear Powered Harpoon for killing seals...

"Level 1 sailing: ability to build a failboat.'
[/hide]

half_banner.gif

Drops: Ahrims Hood, Guthans set FULL (minus legs), dragon half shield, dragon legs/skirt

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aww, mine were set late, I never even knew they started on the 27th :x?

recover.PNG

Jammy316 got me into rs, I got the net in 2002- but knew about it quite awhile before when we all used to diss him for playing it.

<3

I actually think the "questions set" date is buggy, because I logged in on a character that I've not been on for a while and saw this.

hmmm3sc.png

Which isn't true. I didn't even set recovery questions for this character.

So don't read too much into when the dates were set. This will be why you both saw the same date on yours.

sig2ho7.jpg

yeah it must be.

im pretty sure the day i joined i set recoveries?

and i joined before 2002

but the devil's in the details and im honestly sick of the "older is better" mentality

nostailgic people go nowhere

shorty2av.gif

Shorty427-96 CB merchanter/skiller banned 6/27/04

The Jakal-109 CB 99 Range/Magic/Fletching, 80 runecrafting.

Kirby1288-101 CB skiller 99 fletching.

I stumbled on this topic in a search and couldn't stop reading.

I was upset that my char didn't make it on the list of 2000 people :(

I remember joining members and the worlds were EMPTY as hell.

I've been playing for a long time. But soon after members came out I was hacked and Jagex didn't care. I even wrote down his IP address and not even a reply.

I kept my character alive and to this day still play on it.

I've been trying to remember. What was the first skill someone got 99 in? Was it Magic, Woodcutting, or Smithing? I'm pretty sure it wasn't smithing though.

New guys don't know how good they got it. I mean... we use to have to click the pick axe every time to hit the ore!

But we didn't have to drop or bank to power mine :-P

First celebrity? Bluerose13x I think too but I'm not sure.

Who was the first player to max all combat skills? (strength, attack, defence, HP). Was it Zezima? I totally forget. But I do remember seeing him in the wilderness at Greater Demons and completely running away... then realizing he couldn't attack me cause his lvl was too high and having a big laugh then taking a screenie

Aqua_Dragons.png

from what i remember, 99 woodcutting was the first 99 skilll achived.

buut, that magic something account which was the first to beable to make diamond amulets.

..anyone remember paying $200k for one? ha.

I

I've been trying to remember. What was the first skill someone got 99 in? Was it Magic, Woodcutting, or Smithing? I'm pretty sure it wasn't smithing though.

Who was the first player to max all combat skills? (strength, attack, defence, HP). Was it Zezima? I totally forget. But I do remember seeing him in the wilderness at Greater Demons and completely running away... then realizing he couldn't attack me cause his lvl was too high and having a big laugh then taking a screenie

1) Everdred, 99 woodcutting

2) Zonghui or ladykilljoy.

Vmser.png

2) Zonghui or ladykilljoy.

It was Zonghui ;)

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

think i started RSC back in 2001...then RS2 in like 2005 whatever...and fewer and fewer worlds on rsc became and well next thing i know i am playing RS2. Till my guy got hacked in 2006.

If any of you remember thats cool ha

*Deathonyou2*

m1n1ng_co.png

ya, it was definately Zonghui. For sure... The name was on the tip of my tongue and it is kind of like Zezima

ya, imagine getting 99 woodcutting... just cutting normal logs!!!

take that you rs2's! (except I wasn't the one who got it :-P

Aqua_Dragons.png

Back then when you started an account you could choose between:

Adventurer

Warrior

Mage

Miner

Chef? - I think

I started off as a Necromancer. There was a good and evil magic selection. Black robes and some staff I started with I believe. Maybe some runes. Also I dont remember miner or chef being an orignal selection. You forgot ranger as well.

34zljex.png

Huzzah.png

While we're all reminscing, does anyone remember the name of that one girl that always held contests and games that you could win prizes in?

I want to say..Liisa..or something? She was really nice!

I remember I started middle-school when runescape first came out. I was 14 - which would be 5 years ago. Seems like it has been longer!

I figured that Alchemon would get 99 first because he was the first to 90. That's hardly half, I didn't realize that.

While we're all reminscing, does anyone remember the name of that one girl that always held contests and games that you could win prizes in?

Leza, part of runescape trivia. I believe mad4u689(on these boards) still has contact with her.

sig2ho7.jpg

but the devil's in the details and im honestly sick of the "older is better" mentality

nostailgic people go nowhere

People who have played for longer ARE better and are more important on these boards and in Runescape (they should be but the Runescape mindset is "im a rs2 product so i can do nething") than people who have joined after them, FACT.

Lowgravity, I want to be just like you. But...I never will be as 1337 as you. :(

edited the title for you guys since runescape is 5 years old now so 6+ years is more suitable

~Bmms

a91e22ec.gif
Aefx(started 11/1/2002) Cb: 200 TS: 1900+
Bmms--Jr(Started on 1/24/06)(Banned 11/13/09 ) Cb: 119(pre-eoc) TS: 1700+
Bmms(Started 8/?/2001)(Banned 1/24/06 ) Cb: 101(pre-eoc) TS: 1350+

• 2 weeks later...

i can confirm that your dates are right

Dear Blaringbugle,

Thank you for contacting RuneScape Customer Support.

In answer to you questions:

RuneScape Classic was open to the public - 4th January 2001

RuneScape 2 beta was released - 1st December 2003

RuneScape 2 was released to the public - 29th March 2004

Due to the nature of the early development of Runescape and its previous incarnations there ae no solid dates for early alpha and beta testing of Runescape Classic available!

Happy Gaming. :)

Don't forget to use the RuneScape Knowledge Base to find the answer to your queries quicker. You can also find help on all free player quests through the QuestHelp system.

Yours Sincerely

Mod Drew W

RuneScape Customer Support

On 11th June 2006, you sent us the following:

Hello Jagex.

There has been much debate amoung players about certain dates in runescape history. I would greatly appreciate it if you could give me the exact dates for the following events.

Alpha testing was started-

Beta testing was started-

RuneScape Classic was open to the public-

RuneScape 2 beta was released-

RuneScape 2 was released to the public-

Thanks in advance :-)

I remember I started middle-school when runescape first came out. I was 14 - which would be 5 years ago. Seems like it has been longer!

I figured that Alchemon would get 99 first because he was the first to 90. That's hardly half, I didn't realize that.

Like Phil said, I still have contact with this "Leza." She's a wonderful woman, and her kids are getting older (she had another baby recently!!), and if you want to get in touch with her just let me know!

We tried to do a Runescape Trivia revival a few years back, but it fell through, hehe.

Also, for pride's sake: RS came out in january, and I started late that february or early that march, don't remember. I know it's fairly worthless, but for some reason I'm still proud of it anyway. Sigh! :D

Everybody hug and spread the love :D

siggypooro0.jpg

People who have played for longer ARE better and are more important on these boards and in Runescape (they should be but the Runescape mindset is "im a rs2 product so i can do nething") than people who have joined after them, FACT.

In which way are old players better? The time you've played means nothing, an idiot is an idiot and a good guy is a good guy, no matter has he played 2 months or 5 years.

Personally I've gotten pretty sick of this "we're oldskool, we're leik leet" mentality. We older players can be proud of things we've done, but we can't just live in the past. Times change and so should we. These "oldschool people" who complain about changes remind me of those old people in real life who can't accept the fact that things are now different than in 1950s.

I've achieved things in rsc and had great moments. I've had great moments in rsc and gotten memories I will never forget. Yet, it doesn't make me a better player nor a human than someone who has never logged to rsc.

Be proud of what you've done and what you are, but don't become a selfish idiot because of it.

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

I started sometime late 2001, I think... It was around the same time as the Dragon Quest. My beginning was hilarious. I made a character and got to Lumbridge. I had no idea where I was, lol. Took me about 5min to figure out I had to click to walk. I eventually travelled around the whole world, only to end back in Lumbridge, lost and no longer recognizing where I was. My friend who introduced me to the game somehow knew who I was and started private messaging me. Took me a bit to figure out who he was. He told me to come to lumbridge, so I walked to the nearest town I could find and started asking where lumbridge was(I finally figured out how to respond, after my friend told me. lol) Turns out that I was in Lumbridge asking where Lumbridge was. I eventually found my friend and we started training on level 8 cows. Obviously, I've improved a lot since then.(Heck, couldn't really get much worse than that)

I missed the soft rocks(as they were eventually called) most of all, because the crowds that came were getting really irritating. I missed several of the drops.(the earliest I attended was the easter egg drop, and I traded the one I found for an adam kite shield to someone who really wanted the egg - though I sort of regret the trade a bit now, I'm sure that person really appreciated it.) My friend got to tell my all about the party hats, I wish I had been on then, sounded like a ton of fun... = /

I eventually gave up on my first character and made a new one.(twice, actually)

~10 out of 10 cows agree. The greatest Runescape addition was the rubber chicken.

~Today, we watch Runescape's grass grow. Tomorrow, we watch it's pots boil!

• 4 weeks later...