Runescape Wedding Results in Under-Age Sex Trial

pal2002

I never said women who dress provactively want to be raped, I said it's THIS girl's fault for getting raped. You're putting words into my mouth and then trying to take a moral high ground.

No, I'm not putting words into your mouth. You are doing a good enough job without me needing to.

Yes you are. Please tell me where I ever said that women who dress provacatively want to be raped? Wearing sexy clothes and telling a 54 year old man where you live are 2 very different things.

If she never told him where she lived and put him on her ignore list (In Runescape fellas) the 54 year old really doesn't have any influence; much less any power.

That doesn't mean that she wanted it or it was her fault.

Whether or not she wanted it, it was very much her fault. I really can't see why you're denying this.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never said women who dress provactively want to be raped, I said it's THIS girl's fault for getting raped. You're putting words into my mouth and then trying to take a moral high ground.

No, I'm not putting words into your mouth. You are doing a good enough job without me needing to.

Yes you are. Please tell me where I ever said that women who dress provacatively want to be raped? Wearing sexy clothes and telling a 54 year old man where you live are 2 very different things.

If she never told him where she lived and put him on her ignore list (In Runescape fellas) the 54 year old really doesn't have any influence; much less any power.

Whether or not she wanted it, it was very much her fault. I really can't see why you're denying this.

Just World. You are trying to rationalize what happened by blaming the victim and trying to make up ways the victim was to blame because you don't want to think it could happen to you and believe that the world is just. Just like when people say the [bleep] deserved it. Or if someone went to buy something from someone off craigslist and went to their house and got murdered, it would be their fault.

To the second part, I can't understand how you are arguing that a child is responsible for getting raped. Maybe it's because you're still in highschool

yes.png

Just World. You are trying to rationalize what happened by blaming the victim and trying to make up ways the victim was to blame because you don't want to think it could happen to you and believe that the world is just. Just like when people say the [bleep] deserved it. Or if someone went to buy something from someone off craigslist and went to their house and got murdered, it would be their fault.

To the second part, I can't understand how you are arguing that a child is responsible for getting raped. Maybe it's because you're still in highschool

I never said the situation wasn't wrong. I'm saying it's the girl's fault as well as the man's. I'm also not trying to "make up" ways to blame the "victim" because she clearly made herself the victim.

Both parties are at fault. The girl for giving out her information and continuing to contact the man without telling authorities and the man for going through with it all. But of course, my opinion on the matter is obviously invalid because I'm in high school and of course that means I'm incapable of making rational decisions despite being able to drive and maintain a job, right?

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

I never said the situation wasn't wrong. I'm saying it's the girl's fault as well as the man's. I'm also not trying to "make up" ways to blame the "victim" because she clearly made herself the victim.

Both parties are at fault. The girl for giving out her information and continuing to contact the man without telling authorities and the man for going through with it all. But of course, my opinion on the matter is obviously invalid because I'm in high school and of course that means I'm incapable of making rational decisions despite being able to drive and maintain a job, right?

No, both parties aren't at fault. One is a pedophile who preys on children and the other is a child. And yes, you are in highschool, you are 16, 3 years difference from the girl and you think that you would have been smarter than that at 13. You aren't old enough yet to realize how god damn stupid you were at 13.

e: and yes, what you are saying is 100% indisputably Just World

yes.png

No, both parties aren't at fault. One is a pedophile who preys on children and the other is a child. And yes, you are in highschool, you are 16, 3 years difference from the girl and you think that you would have been smarter than that at 13. You aren't old enough yet to realize how god damn stupid you were at 13.

e: and yes, what you are saying is 100% indisputably Just World

The other is a child that gave him all of the information that the pedophile needed to go about his business, and then continue to allow it to happen. You seem to think that every 13 year old is braindead. I may not have been as smart and mature as I thought I was but I knew damn well not to give out my personal information to people over the Internet.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

The other is a child that gave him all of the information that the pedophile needed to go about his business, and then continue to allow it to happen. You seem to think that every 13 year old is braindead. I may not have been as smart and mature as I thought I was but I knew damn well not to give out my personal information to people over the Internet.

A 13 year old has no critical thinking skills. A 13 year old cannot be held accountable or blameworthy for being raped. Remember what you said in this topic, and a few years from now you're going to realize how ridiculous you sound

yes.png

A 13 year old has no critical thinking skills. A 13 year old cannot be held accountable or blameworthy for being raped. Remember what you said in this topic, and a few years from now you're going to realize how ridiculous you sound

No, a 5 year old has no critical thinking skills. A 13 year old, hell, even some 10 year olds are capable of critical thinking. Maybe not at the same level as a fully grown adult, but enough to be able to think for themselves. It's like the Senior-Freshman mentality that high school kids get. Hitting a certain age does not make you automatically more mature and capable than everyone who is younger.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

No, a 5 year old has no critical thinking skills. A 13 year old, hell, even some 10 year olds are capable of critical thinking. Maybe not at the same level as a fully grown adult, but enough to be able to think for themselves. It's like the Senior-Freshman mentality that high school kids get. Hitting a certain age does not make you automatically more mature and capable than everyone who is younger.

FYI, critical thinking usually doesn't start developing until closer to 20. Just thought you should know that.

yes.png

I won't even go into how much this story disgusts me.

I won't go into how much it disgusts me that some individuals appear to want to "blame the parents" or "blame the child" because some pedophile managed to manipulate the circumstances and gain access to a child.

That's sick. Plain and simple. To blame the victims is sick. End of debate.

What I find truly disturbing is that the charges levied against this sicko carry penalties of 4-20 years. What I find even MORE disturbing is that it's more likely he will get the minimum penalty, and will likely be released on parole in 18-24 months.

Had he robbed a bank and taken money, they'd put him away for 10+ years but since it's only a child, he'll get practically nothing. Just goes to show you what our society truly values.

I am a tough mom. I believe in tough love. But I am also a very protective and very careful mother. When it comes to Internet and strangers, I have only one rule, and it comes down to this: NO PERSONAL INFORMATION. Period.

No real names. No locations. No ages. Nothing. Nada. No way. No how.

I run my own clan chat the same way. No real names. No exchange of personal information of any kind whatsoever. You have no idea who's listening out there.

On topic +1:

While we're on this subject, I'd like to note that, today, I found a trailer for a new upcoming film called "Trust". Interestingly, according to Wikipedia, the film, was made in Michigan ...

I hope you're okay with your child after they become a furry

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

FYI, critical thinking usually doesn't start developing until closer to 20. Just thought you should know that.

Critical thinking calls for the ability to:

Recognize problems' date=' to find workable means for meeting those problems

Understand the importance of prioritization and order of precedence in problem solving

Gather and marshal pertinent (relevant) information

Recognize unstated assumptions and values

Comprehend and use language with accuracy, clarity, and discernment

Interpret data, to appraise evidence and evaluate arguments

Recognize the existence (or non-existence) of logical relationships between propositions

Draw warranted conclusions and generalizations

Put to test the conclusions and generalizations at which one arrives

Reconstruct one's patterns of beliefs on the basis of wider experience

Render accurate judgments about specific things and qualities in everyday life

In sum:

"A persistent effort to examine any belief or supposed form of knowledge in the light of the evidence that supports it and the further conclusions to which it tends."

[/quote']

You're really going to tell me that no 13 year old is capable of doing ANY of this?

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

Authorities say the girl, who is cooperating with police, is undergoing counseling because the incident has been very traumatic for her.

BUT SHE WANED IT

Obviously she did if she accepted a cell phone, used the cell phone to contact him, and have sex with him 3 times. If it was "such a traumatic experience" for her don't you think her mom, friends, or teachers would have noticed anything strange?

Just World at it's finest folks. OBVIOUSLY that lady who got raped wanted it, why else would she dress so provocatively?

I never said that. In this case it IS the girl's fault she got raped. SHE gave him her contact info. SHE accepted his cell phone. SHE continued to contact him. SHE is the one to cause all of this. SHE had the power to end it at any time.

That is exactly what you did. Exactly. Also congrats on being a misogynist who supports pedophiles

also in what universe does a 13 year old have power over a 54 year old? Cause I'd like to go there some time

There is no such universe. And guess what, you're making baseless insults and saying he supports pedophilia. Just shut the [bleep] up. You annoy me. You really do. At least I don't resort to blatant name-calling.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

WTF? There are children who can play guitar, learn different languages, do all their homework, philosophize, get jobs, learn to drive, play intricate video games, etc. Yet it is believed that children have absolutely no critical thinking skills and are not to blame for anything until the second they hit 18? Clearly Bloodstain ate an excess amount of crayons when he was 13.

WTF? There are children who can play guitar, learn different languages, do all their homework, philosophize, get jobs, learn to drive, play intricate video games, etc. Yet it is believed that children have absolutely no critical thinking skills and are not to blame for anything until the second they hit 18? Clearly Bloodstain ate an excess amount of crayons when he was 13.

Nope. It is pretty much fact that you do not develop critical thinking skills until much later. Maybe ya'll should check what crit thinking entails

There's a big difference in saying a child is not responsible for getting raped and they aren't blameworthy for anything

yes.png

Nope. It is pretty much fact that you do not develop critical thinking skills until much later. Maybe ya'll should check what crit thinking entails

There's a big difference in saying a child is not responsible for getting raped and they aren't blameworthy for anything

The burden of proof is now on you. What would be these crits-skills I so lack? (though Congress says I can do whatever the hell I want).

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

The burden of proof is now on you. What would be these crits-skills I so lack? (though Congress says I can do whatever the hell I want).

You've got google, use it.

yes.png

A 13 year old should have been smart enough to get out of this. If it only happened once then it would have been rape, but she went back another two times. I wish people would stop saying it wasn't her fault at all because it really was partly her fault.

A 13 year old should have been smart enough to get out of this. If it only happened once then it would have been rape, but she went back another two times. I wish people would stop saying it wasn't her fault at all because it really was partly her fault.

You're fourteen, get out.

Since the lazy ass mods refuse to ban me or mod my account, I'll be at zybez, where the people out of diapers isn't a small minority

Actually, if he's 14 and understands giving out personal information is a bad idea, there's no reason why somebody months younger wouldn't.

But anyway, you're basically a joke now...at least to me. Stop self-pitying and post normally.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Oh come on. Why is rape like the absolute worst thing that could ever go wrong? Jeez man, calm down, OT isn't your political representatives, police officers, nor your friends even. Why get worked up so much?

If you'd ever been raped, you wouldn't be asking that question ... <_<

nyuseg.png

So -- when a priest rapes an altar boy numerous times, it's the altar boy's fault?

When a husband rapes his wife, is it the wife's fault?

Please explain this to me. I can't wait for your to start your career in victim assessment and psychology ... :rolleyes:

nyuseg.png

Oh come on. Why is rape like the absolute worst thing that could ever go wrong? Jeez man, calm down, OT isn't your political representatives, police officers, nor your friends even. Why get worked up so much?

If you'd ever been raped, you wouldn't be asking that question ... <_<

I would think dying would be worse. Assuming I wasn't raped and tortured/whatever, being dragged behind a car across the desert at 70 mph would be worse.

People get cut up, beaten, shot, but a case of rape by not consenting towards the end of sex is much, much worse.

Mighty worse off, eh?

siggy3s.jpg

I dunno what it is about guys my age having such a problem understanding that people over 18 shouldn't be having sex with people under 16, and if they do, it's the 18+ year old in a position of power there.

A 13-year old isn't legally allowed to have sex, but if they get raped by someone five times their age, it's their fault for letting it happen. Yeah I see how that one works... :roll:

Can I make a recommendation never to work in a women's refuge? Not that you'd be allowed to anyway, being male (for good reason) but your lack of understanding really is genuinely worrying to the rest of us.

Yeah, rape always goes to the extreme. You're either with the pervert or with the special victims unit. No damn middle ground as most of us are trying to get at. No sir. None.

This is what I think and I'm only going to say it once: The girl is a [bleep]ing idiot for letting this get this far. Period. What happens to the guy, what punishment he gets, what the girl does afterwards, I really don't give a damn. But I would just like to say, the girl got into this herself.

Are all rape victims at fault? No. But this one, is.

siggy3s.jpg

@blyaunte: you're oversimplifying it. If a husband and his wife consent to having sex, and she later hears it's a 'bad idea', can she later go to the police and call it rape? Legally, she can, hell, she could charge him with committing a hate crime if she thought it through. After all this, is it her fault? Imo, it is, seeing as she <consented to it, knowing the consequences>. Now sure, in this case, the 'victim' is 13, but still, I bet everyone around that age was told by adults 'never to talk to strangers'. She did anyways, and she carried on, knowing fully well of the consequences.

div>