Runescape Wedding Results in Under-Age Sex Trial

pal2002

"So Phillips brought her the phone in person in February 2010 and had sex with the girl at an Eastpointe motel"

And here I've been working out and [cabbage] for my girlfriends.. hell I know the solution now.

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it appears his only source of income comes from selling "Magic: The Gathering" game cards.

I lol'd pretty hard.

I wonder how this 13 year old girl was just okay with having sex with a guy who could have been her geeky ass grandfather. And how much that poor dude DIDN'T get laid in his youth to cause this whole mess, Sheesh.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

This is disgusting. I don't see any humor at all in this situation.

Its horrible that we need to have an "age of consent" in law, and even worse that we're forced to prosecute people for it.

A 13 year old is NOT mature enough to make that decision, and I don't find any fault in her at all for what happened. Her parents allowed it to happen, especially by not monitoring her activities online or even in real life. The cell phone should have been a HUGE red flag that something wasn't right.

I wonder if the girl realizes the man could've been her grandfather (based on age difference).

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

I don't see how the parents are at fault, though. When they caught their daughter with the cellphone, it did raise a red flag and led to them investigating this incident. Of course, you can't fairly gauge whether or not the parents were good or not through the media, but from what I've read, I don't see how they were bad parents. It's kind of unreasonable to expect parents to act as if they were Gestapo officers and monitor a child's every move. That tends to lead to over-restrictions and can cause a child to become more rebellious and resentful of their parents' over-protectiveness (speaking from experience here).

While 13-year old girls are indeed immature in general, I wouldn't say that they are completely innocent either. Teens start becoming sexually active at this age, after all. Some young girls like older males because they're stupid and think that older males are "bad boys".

Whoops, I Godwinned.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

If a 13 years old is so gullible the problem lies somewhere deep ...

And if girls don't wanna get raped they shouldn't dress so provocatively, am I right or am I right guys?

There's a difference between your unproven link (rape and dressed provocatively), and the goddamn fact a 13-year-old girl is this genuinely stupid as to apparently be constantly going to this creepy old guy for sex, when there's a nice supply of 13-15-year-old boys available. It makes me wonder what the hell is going on. Something went wrong, but I just can't figure it out. Seriously, Darwin Award material, she'd probably do something just as foolish. It's like that boyzloveme troll. I feel no sympathy at all.

Addendum: I'm not condoning underage sex, mind, but this whole case is ridiculous.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

Her parents allowed it to happen, especially by not monitoring her activities online or even in real life. The cell phone should have been a HUGE red flag that something wasn't right.

Single parent working two jobs, understandable that she didn't notice

And if girls don't wanna get raped they shouldn't dress so provocatively, am I right or am I right guys?

There's a difference between your unproven link (rape and dressed provocatively), and the goddamn fact a 13-year-old girl is this genuinely stupid as to apparently be constantly going to this creepy old guy for sex, when there's a nice supply of 13-15-year-old boys available. It makes me wonder what the hell is going on. Something went wrong, but I just can't figure it out.

Addendum: I'm not condoning underage sex, mind, but this whole case is ridiculous.

Are you serious? My post was obviously that people saying it was her fault/partially her fault for "being that stupid" really is the same as what I said, you are putting part of the blame on the victim.

yes.png

Her parents allowed it to happen, especially by not monitoring her activities online or even in real life. The cell phone should have been a HUGE red flag that something wasn't right.

There's a difference between your unproven link (rape and dressed provocatively), and the goddamn fact a 13-year-old girl is this genuinely stupid as to apparently be constantly going to this creepy old guy for sex, when there's a nice supply of 13-15-year-old boys available. It makes me wonder what the hell is going on. Something went wrong, but I just can't figure it out.

Are you serious? My post was obviously that people saying it was her fault/partially her fault for "being that stupid" really is the same as what I said, you are putting part of the blame on the victim.

Once again, I was just pointing out the absurdity of comparisons ironically. I'm a Darwinist, so I can put part of the blame on the victim. See, there was clearly a lack of common sense here. Really, the first instance she had sex with this dude might be understandable if it went into rape territory and she thought she was meeting a guy closer to her own age, but it really sounds like she was constantly going back for more. I'm not even sure what's going on, whether she was bullied into it, or if she was actually enjoying it and wanting more. Too early to tell regarding this facet. Enough of that though.

I'm still thinking, did no "red flags" go off in her head whatsoever that this might not be a good idea to meet up with this dude or something?

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

Once again, I was just pointing out the absurdity of comparisons ironically. I'm a Darwinist, so I can put part of the blame on the victim. See, there was clearly a lack of common sense here. Really, the first instance she had sex with this dude might be understandable if it went into rape territory and she thought she was meeting a guy closer to her own age, but it really sounds like she was constantly going back for more. I'm not even sure what's going on, whether she was bullied into it, or if she was actually enjoying it and wanting more. Enough of that though.

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic, but if you can't see how a 13 year old girl who comes from a single parent household where the single parent works two jobs can be easily manipulated, then I don't know what to say to you. Wake up?

e: the girl is absolutely in no way at all even remotely blamable for this

yes.png

Once again, I was just pointing out the absurdity of comparisons ironically. I'm a Darwinist, so I can put part of the blame on the victim. See, there was clearly a lack of common sense here. Really, the first instance she had sex with this dude might be understandable if it went into rape territory and she thought she was meeting a guy closer to her own age, but it really sounds like she was constantly going back for more. I'm not even sure what's going on, whether she was bullied into it, or if she was actually enjoying it and wanting more. Enough of that though.

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic, but if you can't see how a 13 year old girl who comes from a single parent household where the single parent works two jobs can be easily manipulated, then I don't know what to say to you. Wake up?

e: the girl is absolutely in no way at all even remotely blamable for this

I was being sarcastic, but you know what? You're right. She wasn't blamable. Much. I'm still curious how she got to this hotel, by foot or what...? A lot of these details just don't add up. They just don't make much sense. Actually. You know what? I'm going to say just what I want to say regarding both the girl and the parent.

The girl lacks common sense. Did she not have any red flags going off in her head that something might be wrong? That this might be too good to be true? Even when I was at age 13 with a single parent I at least had a semblance of common sense not to be that foolish. As for the parent, there's too many variables here. Perhaps she didn't understand internet technology much, and I'll chalk up that much. This entire case is ridiculous, once again.

I'm still curious how she got to this hotel, by foot or what...? A lot of these details just don't add up.

Judging by the fact that the dude drove 12 hours and gave her a cellphone, I think it's safe to assume he picked her up. Probably while no one was home

yes.png

I'm still curious how she got to this hotel, by foot or what...? A lot of these details just don't add up.

Judging by the fact that the dude drove 12 hours and gave her a cellphone, I think it's safe to assume he picked her up. Probably while no one was home

Probably. But still, my point stands that this whole thing is ridiculous. Enough of that for now though.

How can it not seem like she wasn't taken advantage to you? It doesn't matter if she wanted sex (which I HIGHLY doubt, she probably doesn't even really know what sex is), she's 13, she isn't fully developed mentally and to have sex with her is pathetic and disgusting and reprehensible. That's ignoring that he obviously WANTED to have sex with her and probably goaded her into it, it's not very hard to manipulate a 13 year old. He drove to her house to give her a cellphone, a drive that mapquest is telling me was TWELVE HOURS LONG. Hell, in all likelihood the girl wasn't even through puberty yet. He sounds like a typical pedo

Well, I wouldn't say she didn't know what sex was. I would go as far as to say curiosity starts out at an extremely young age (via Freudian standards), and is hard wired into us because of evolutionary standards. Children are curious about genitalia (our own and the opposite sex) and the opposite sex.

Girls also tend to start puberty around that age as well.

However, I agree with you. Psychologically, no child that age can make correct decisions in regards to having sex with an adult. Children that age--male or female--for the most part are incredibly naive. Hell, even I was. The man most likely told her that he loved her and got her to have sex with him that way.

But she isn't fully a victim, either, as she seems to have wanted it rather than telling someone or avoiding the situation altogether, and this man was able to take advantage of her because of her naivety (and/or lack of knowledge in regards to predators). She probably isn't exactly scarred either, but she damn will be after the people pound into her head that what happened to her was horrible and reprehensible--which it is, but its sad to see someone become scarred because it is programmed into her.

But, on my opinion on the location, typical. I hear these stories all to often in Massachusetts. I know a lot that went through something like this. I like it in MA, I just don't like hearing these stories all that much (like anyone else, but it is typical around these parts in local news).

Hoping to get a new Signature (with matching avatar) soon. :D

In the meantime...Steam username: )I'll rewrite it later (add me if you want)

I said parents, not parent. It takes two to make a kid, and its both parents responsibility to raise their child.

Separated parents forming a dysfunctional family might be to blame more than just the mother.

♪♪ And I'm not done

But she isn't fully a victim, either, as she seems to have wanted it rather than telling someone or avoiding the situation altogether

Wow, OT you have disappointed :wall:

I said parents, not parent. It takes two to make a kid, and its both parents responsibility to raise their child.

Separated parents forming a dysfunctional family might be to blame more than just the mother.

Things don't always work out the ideal way they should. I don't see how you could blame anyone but the guy, it's pretty damn easy to hide a cell phone/what you are doing on the computer from parents. Especially when there's only one in the household and they work two jobs

yes.png

But she isn't fully a victim, either, as she seems to have wanted it rather than telling someone or avoiding the situation altogether

Wow, OT you have disappointed :wall:

Things don't always work out the ideal way they should. I don't see how you could blame anyone but the guy, it's pretty damn easy to hide a cell phone/what you are doing on the computer from parents. Especially when there's only one in the household and they work two jobs

Don't freak out because people won't agree with you in relation to this. I understand your position, but you have to understand that a victim that was raped (in the sense of forced sex) wouldn't continue to get raped (by that form of the definition). He molested and raped her because she was underage and thus, by cognitive standards, probably couldn't make wholly correct decisions. Basically, there's the rape where you are forced, and the rape where you allow it, but are too young.

She was simply too young and kept going for more. Clearly she was manipulated, but everyone has a choice, and her choice was to stay and accept sex from this pedophile. At some point, one has to acknowledge in these situations that there is no victim in the traditional sense. She's a victim of manipulation, not forced sex and the like.

Don't freak out because people won't agree with you in relation to this. I understand your position, but you have to understand that a victim that was raped (in the sense of forced sex) wouldn't continue to get raped (by that form of the definition). He molested and raped her because she was underage and thus, by cognitive standards, probably couldn't make wholly correct decisions. Basically, there's the rape where you are forced, and the rape where you allow it, but are too young.

She was simply too young and kept going for more. Clearly she was manipulated, but everyone has a choice, and her choice was to stay and accept sex from this pedophile. At some point, one has to acknowledge in these situations that there is no victim in the traditional sense. She's a victim of manipulation, not forced sex and the like.

People are blaming the victim of a rape. People are blaming the victim of a rape. Let that sink in. This guy deals extensively in Magic cards and plays Runescape, both excellent ways to meet and form bonds with children and young people. This probably isn't his first time, and he chose her probably because he knew he could manipulate her. I was going to type more, but I legitimately can't tell if I'm being trolled or not.

yes.png

People are blaming the victim of a rape. People are blaming the victim of a rape. Let that sink in. This guy deals extensively in Magic cards and plays Runescape, both excellent ways to meet and form bonds with children and young people. This probably isn't his first time, and he chose her probably because he knew he could manipulate her. I was going to type more, but I legitimately can't tell if I'm being trolled or not.

(I'm taking my intro out, its flame bait without me noticing it. I apologize.)

There's no need for personal attack, either. I already said before that manipulation played a big part in this mess. Are you not reading my posts or something? You're agreeing with me on that part. On behalf of disagreeing, I'm simply saying that you cannot simply victimize someone that chose to participate, through manipulation or not, though she shouldn't be blamed for the situation.

When someone chooses to participate in something, accept items from somebody, sneak around with somebody, etc. then age shouldn't even play a part in deciding who's at fault, only cognition. And in her mind (even if people qualify her decisions as null and void due to her age), she still made a decision--to have sex, and in continuing she didn't feel it was rape. She acted on a sexual urge which is quite common for her age.

That's all I'm arguing. Manipulation or not, she still consented.

And then, she'll be programmed and told that what happened to her was wrong, and she'll probably scarred because of it bing beaten into her head. Its rather sad, even though the situation is wrong.

You can also not make the assumption that he's done this before without proper evidence to back it up, however similar situations have some of the same backgrounds.

But I will say this again: Don't take offense because people won't agree with your position, and I am certainly not sorry for disagreeing with you.

Am I a bad person if I noticed that the Policeman's name was Ray Johnson, like Ray William Johnson o.O?

Goals for 2012:

• Quest Cape
  • MAX

And then, she'll be programmed and told that what happened to her was wrong, and she'll probably scarred because of it bing beaten into her head. Its rather sad, even though the situation is wrong.

There is no such thing as consent from someone younger than the age of consent. "Yeah, I'm old enough, let's do this," Sorry honey, the government says that its not your decision to make, and the answer is automatically a resounding "NO."

What happened to her WAS wrong. A 54 year old man should not be having sex with a CHILD. If you're an adult, children (minors under the age of 18) are off limits.

♪♪ And I'm not done

In my opinion the are both to blame (the old guy more so for being a sicko). A 13 year old girl may not be able to make great decisions, but it really is crossing the line of stupidity. It was close to rape but i wouldn't call it rape, she came back for more and must have known what was happening. Also to the person that said she probably didn't know what sex is, when i was 13 9/10 girls in my year knew and fully understood what sex was (some had even had it :mellow:) so there is very little chance she didn't know what it was.

As a former 13-year-old Runescape playing girl, this topic is really interesting to me (and sad). I'm 23 now, and looking back, I have a very different view now than I would have then.

There was a guy when I first started playing (age 13) who was really into me and told me somewhat often that he was in love with me. He wasn't 54, but he was in his late 20s. He wanted to get married in Runescape, but we also talked plenty over MSN, and he suggested we meet up IRL at a couple of points (even though we lived far away). He told me that age didn't matter in love. I wasn't interested in him, but that appealed to my ego: even though I was 13, I was playing RS to escape a bit from the real world (where I wasn't very popular in school) and I considered myself above most of my peers at school. I was more mature, and why SHOULD age matter? As a 13-year-old, being told you're not old enough to consent - that you're not mature enough to make your own decisions for yourself - can feel very insulting. So this guy's attention flattered me immensely: someone in his late 20s, a real adult, had fallen in love with me. People may have been totally romantically disinterested in me in real life at school, but online - where people only saw the real me, saw my personality - it was different. In the end, I got into romantic relationships via RS with other people who were closer to my age (hi merc4hire, cellkiller, and dusqi :D) because I wasn't interested in this man, but if it had been someone I was more romantically attracted to, I don't know what would have happened.

In retrospect, I see this relationship as far more creepy than I did at the time. At 13, random adults I met over RS shouldn't be teaching me about what different sexual terms mean over MSN and then offering to drive down to see me from Canada. (To be fair, it might have been a year or two later that he offered to drive down).

So what about this situation? Though I feel some sympathy for those saying the girl is partially at fault, with the wisdom of 10 years aging, I don't think that's true. I may have thought I was mature at the time and capable of making my own decisions, but I wasn't. I was vulnerable, and I would have been easily manipulated by someone who should have known better.

The 54-year-old is the one responsible, and he committed rape. Though I can imagine having seen the situation differently at one time, I think that's that.

P.s. sure hope the guy i mentioned doesn't still read tip.it :oops:

Everybody hug and spread the love :D

siggypooro0.jpg

There is no such thing as consent from someone younger than the age of consent. "Yeah, I'm old enough, let's do this," Sorry honey, the government says that its not your decision to make, and the answer is automatically a resounding "NO."

What happened to her WAS wrong. A 54 year old man should not be having sex with a CHILD. If you're an adult, children (minors under the age of 18) are off limits.

I may have thought I was mature at the time and capable of making my own decisions, but I wasn't. I was vulnerable, and I would have been easily manipulated by someone who should have known better.

The 54-year-old is the one responsible, and he committed rape. Though I can imagine having seen the situation differently at one time, I think that's that.

THANK YOU! You can't hold someone who is basically a child to the same standards as an adult.

yes.png