What's your opinion on dungeoneering?

TheGreatGeno

It's miserable, absolutely, horribly miserable, until you get high enough to not suck and play with other people who don't suck. When you've reached the point of having a network of people you play well with and enjoy talking to while dungeoneering, it's quite fun.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

When dunging with friends/good efficient teams, it's awsome.

When dunging in w 117, 148, solo (subjective) or with elitist scums, it sucks.

My overall view on the skill.

It's not a skill, it's an awsome giant minigame with kickass rewards that gives you total level and xp.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

It does seem like a minigame, compared to other skills, but that's a good thing.

Best skill in my opinion, and best minigame in the game.

I can't stand it. Then again, I'm only level 46, 25-45 was from penguins. I still don't see it as as skill, nor that fun of a mini-game. But that's just me.

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

I started at lv20 on w117, now lv79. I had heard a lot of bad things about the skill before I tried so I was apprehensive, but in the end it's not that bad. Most people seem to hate training on w117 but I don't mind it too much. As long as you don't take it too seriously, steer clear from the drama and stay positive you will have a good time.

2480+ total

I can't stand it. Then again, I'm only level 46, 25-45 was from penguins. I still don't see it as as skill, nor that fun of a mini-game. But that's just me.

I don't see it as a skill either, but the reason you don't enjoy it is definitely because you're only level 46. I hated it until I was in the high 80s and started finding friends to dungeoneer with.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

I don't see it as a skill either, but the reason you don't enjoy it is definitely because you're only level 46. I hated it until I was in the high 80s and started finding friends to dungeoneer with.

Yeah I figured as much, I've been playing a dungeon or two here and there to slowly get it up, but my goals aren't too high, I just have 60k worth of rewards I want to be happy.

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

After just getting 85: It is the best skill in Runescape, but I'm happy with the level I have for now.

After just getting 82: My rapier is pretty sweet, but I can't take much more dungeoneering with idiots.

Working up to rapier: Wow, i hate w117. SO. MUCH.

Upon release: This is pretty cool, but why am I getting such low xp? This is going to take forever. How just Jagex expect me to find a team of 4 people I trust whenever I want to train this skill effectively?

1ekn0o.jpg

Thanks to Uno for the awsome sig <3

I soloed 1-50 or 60 or so when it just came out, that was fun to me besides losing dungeons when going to the toilet <_<. Then I did up to ~70 with friends, that was fun. Then I did 70-80 in w117 and with friends, that was usually ok. Then I used 148 to get 80-85 which was much better than 117 at the time (w148 has degraded since though). Then I used 148 + friends to get 92 where I am now. And that was most fun.

So yeah I had fun all around really :thumbsup:.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

It was pretty much always fun for me. Every now and again you get an awful dungeon experience, but it's good on the whole. Although it is much better with a sane group.

I had the tokens for a rapier before I could wield one, already unlocked frost dragons when they were released and generally always have more tokens than I actually need so it wasn't like I felt pressured into dungeoneering at any point.

sweepsig.png

dungeoneering is jagex getting too lazy to create a real skill.

dungeoneering is just like a minigame, we should have a castle warring, clan warring, and soul warring skill also if they wanna make minigame skills

nevertheless the rewards are useful.

jagex shouldve made dungeoneering a minigame, instead of a skill.

Durmstrang.png

Go Chicago Bears!

"Look, if you had one shot, or one opportunity

To seize everything you ever wanted-One moment

Would you capture it or just let it slip?"

dungeoneering is just like a minigame, we should have a castle warring, clan warring, and soul warring skill also if they wanna make minigame skills

Jagex made a skill that takes skill? Wow, that should be a minigame because I don't like thinking.. :wall:

Might I add that dungeoneering is infinitely more complex than most skills? Jagex wouldn't have made this skill if they were lazy.

1ekn0o.jpg

Thanks to Uno for the awsome sig <3

Because a "minigame" is so often so full of useful rewards and needs to be released in 3 packages because it is so large....just because something isn't a grindfest doesn't mean its not a skill.

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

You're kidding right? You honestly think the other skills took more work then this? Honestly, this skill proves the exact opposite of what you said. It'd be more lazy of them to create anther woodcutting, or runecrafting type skill.

While I agree it's more like a minigame then a skill, to say jagex was lazy when making this...just absolutely blows my mind...

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

In my opinion it's a minigame wich i 100% dislike. People say it's fun at higher levels with a team, but i'm not willing to spend my time leveling till 70-80 or so to find out. Also calling it a ' skill' seems strange to me since there is only 1 place you can train it + it has only limited uses and the real usefull rewards require lvl 80 or so (chaotic weapons).

Ares_Artemis.png

It's way more fun than overworld Runescape. For the most part it's more balanced (except for ranged, which has only one useful weapon). The bosses are cooler (though Corp and Nex are still pretty cool). The armor and weapons look amazing. I'm convinced that dungeoneering with friends on Skype is the most fun you can have in Runescape, hands down.

When dungeoneering came out, I liked the idea, but I found the skill very frustrating. I basically solo'd and duo'd to 80, then duo'd and trio'd with friends to 85. Then I think I used a combination of 148 and friends (mostly Cheeesy and Trey) to 90, when my friends and I started using Skype. Around that time I joined THH, and I went from 90-93 or 94 with THH and my small group of friends. Then we started DGS and the rest is history.

Needless to say, I love dungeoneering. I consider it to be both a skill and a minigame, but pigeonholing it is largely useless and irrelevant.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.