Are you ready for new high level Slayer content?

Triquos

But on the other hand, I don't want skills that needed for most aspects of the game - pre-Nex (and maybe still now, I don't know) the actual requirements for Bandos, simply due to competition, was pretty much being level 138 with claws, chaotics and overloads.

This is simply caused by not enough boss monsters in the game. There are very few cost-effective bosses to fight, and Bandos is one of the top ones, so he's packed. Nex was a good step, we need more stuff like that to keep 138s with divines occupied so no monster ends up stupidly overcamped.

Well then Jagex needs to create bosses to scale whenever they give us better combat ability.

You have a good point. Godwars came out pre-curses, extremes (untradeable potions) summoning, dungeoneering.

To be honest, I guess.... If the boss needs a 138 with overloads and chaotics to fight effectively because the boss is that hard, then it isn't too bad. If other skills gave combat bonuses, and you needed them all (or a lot of them anyways) to fight a boss because that was how hard it is, fine.

I just really don't want to see another Bandos GW where you need to be lvl 138 with chaotics and overloads to fight it just because that's how tough the competition is. I want the boss to be that hard.

I mean really, a group of people with 80 melee stats, 70summ/prayer/mage should be able to go and take out Graar with some level of effectiveness. Level-wise, I'm pretty sure that would be more then enough. The problem, at least pre-Nex (I have no idea what it's like now) that group would always get crashed.

Keep in mind, slayer is still much, much more useful then say firemaking, woodcutting, fishing, fletching, crafting...... I think it'd be great if all of those were useful; however, if Jagex gave combat abilities as a form of usefulness, we better see stronger and stronger bosses to keep up with it.

Hmm, Jagex can update skills to make PVM easier, then when Nex drops get as common as Bandos, release a new boss.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can have a high level slay update without creating another disaster that was called nex....(not so much a disaster with 3x improved drop rate, so torva is only 2b instead of 6b...yay usefullness)

Ever since the drop rates were fixed, runescape finally got some good endgame content to keep maxed players entertained. Don't look down on that.

crossed_body.png

Jagex wasting their time on ANOTHER boss within 2 months, kill-able by even less people that are able to kill nex, that also requires a team, would affect me.

Guess what? That time would be better spent than wildywyrms and hati wolf.

You have a problem with torva being 3b, you get your stats up and go nex hunting.

I don't care if torva is 3B, or even remotely desire it. Creating another torva, or the weapon coutnerpart of torva is probably even more of a waste of time considering they just released nex like 2 months ago.

And what was wrong with wildy wyrms? camp-able/commodified bosses are the only thing fun now?

Excuse me for wanting updates with more than 10 minutes worth of content.

Releasing another slayer monster that isn't another nex could easily be more than 10 minutes worth of content.

why is nex a disaster? because it is actually difficult to kill, requires good skills and gear, as well as strategy, reflexes, and teamwork?

or is it just that you can't kill it?

Because the armor that was suppose to make some radical change in the game ended up being like 6b, like 3b now, and literally has no practical purpose. You don't need the armor to do anything in the game more effectively. It would impact pvp, except no one is going to risk 6b armor, and maybe like 1% of stakers would have it.

no one is suggesting that a new slayer monster should be nex-like

they are suggesting that its rewards should be comparable to nex

A boss that would REQUIRE multiple people with 99 slay (which probably translates into somewhere near maxed CB) to kill sounds incredibly nex-like. I'm looking forward to a high level slayer monster that would drop something tradeable and would be comparable to nex too. Just make it so it has a practical purpose in the game, whether its a better weapon or armor that is accessible to at least a reasonable* amount of people (Not just people with more than the max amount of cash in game) so it actually affects the game in some sort of way.

I wouldn't mind if the new slayer monster was Nex-like. It would ideally be at least Graardor like, not another pathetic monster like strykewyrms where the hardest part is getting the right to kill them by cancelling assignments repeatedly.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

I wouldn't mind if the new slayer monster was Nex-like. It would ideally be at least Graardor like, not another pathetic monster like strykewyrms where the hardest part is getting the right to kill them by cancelling assignments repeatedly.

At least the staff of light actually did something in the game.

So your concern with high level updates is chiefly how much they benefit noobs?

Trololol

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Trololol

Oh yeah, not having 4b makes you a noob. Damn, you got me.

Last I checked you didn't need 4b to fight Nex. Sure if you want to go buy all of her very new drops right now you'll have to shell out because there are still a lot of very rich people who want it, but it's not as if there's anything stopping you from going and getting a drop yourself. The requirements aren't unattainable for anyone serious about combat, it's a good goal. You know, goals, those things that the game are all about?

no set is 4b, please stop lying

Sorry for not paying attention to the price of armor that can't even be represented by the maximum amount of cash.

Also, i'm a noob because i benefit from slayer updates. forgive me plz.

Creature's name: Chupacabra

Combat Level: 213

Slayer Level requirement: 95

Unique Drop/s: Dragon Claws, Overload Potion (4), Chupacabra Mask (60M), Explosive Fire Darts (2.3K ea) [+190 Ranged Str/8 Att Speed]

Items Required to Slay: Fire Pronged Ice Spear

New Item Design: Ice shaft/head with fire coarsing through inside. Would be used to deal the final blow.

Monster's appearance: http://www.cryptomundo.com/wp-content/uploads/cryptomundo-chupaflu21.jpg

:ohnoes:

No1s_Perfect.png

Trololol

Oh yeah, not having 4b makes you a noob. Damn, you got me.

Last I checked you didn't need 4b to fight Nex. Sure if you want to go buy all of her very new drops right now you'll have to shell out because there are still a lot of very rich people who want it, but it's not as if there's anything stopping you from going and getting a drop yourself. The requirements aren't unattainable for anyone serious about combat, it's a good goal. You know, goals, those things that the game are all about?

These requirements you speak of are attainable but at the same time, there is a serious skill discrepancy with many of the skills we have.

A few handful are very beneficial: namely - all the combat stats, prayer, summoning, herblore, farming and DG to an extent.

Many of the other skills are very pointless and suck so badly.

I mean really, fletching? firemaking? who comes up with this garbage?

I'm just annoyed at how without combat, you're basically stuck making bare minimal no matter what other skills you have.

Other then boss hunting and pvm - there isn't that much that you can do to consistently rake in a decent amount of money.

The best course of action you can take is either

a.) Merchant - but that's kind of pointless because you're not getting experience in any skill

b.) Jump on something that's hot - i.e something that people have not created a bot for

/rant.

capt%20kevin.png

What I want, is a "Corporeal Beast" (Intended to be team killed), and damage cap would be based on one's slayer level.

ie. below 80 Slayer, you'd max out at 100 damage.

Up to 85 Slayer, 250 damage

Up to 93 Slayer, Damage capped at 75% (ie 25% soaked)

Up to 96 Slayer, 100%

99 Slayer, 110% with a chance of an extra 10%~ (Dependent on weapon and style)

oh, and it'd have to drop a light saber, that needs recharging after 10hrs of Combat, for a lowly sum of 30m pixelated gold coinage.

Creature's name: Chupacabra

Combat Level: 213

Unique Drop/s: Dragon Claws, Overload Potion (4), Chupacabra Mask (60M), Explosive Fire Darts (2.3K ea) [+190 Ranged Str/8 Att Speed]

Items Required to Slay: Fire Pronged Ice Spear

New Item Design: Ice shaft/head with fire coarsing through inside. Would be used to deal the final blow.

Monster's appearance: http://www.cryptomundo.com/wp-content/uploads/cryptomundo-chupaflu21.jpg

:ohnoes:

Wat. Grossly overpowered. Even if they do explode on impact, the fire darts are way, way, WAY overpowered.And we don't need D claws being any more common/cheaper than they already are. They are the best spec weapon for any boss, and need to be at least somewhat exclusive...

td2sig.jpg

Or perhaps a slayer boss, that resides in a Barrow's Crypt style area (But smaller and visible), he would run after certain amount of damage (Like mole), and there would be random skill doors, like 91/93/95/97 smith/farm/thieving/fm/herb/cons/agil/craft.

A combination of all skills, in a high slayer lvl boss, for the elite :-)

Creature's name: Grendel

Combat Level: 200

Unique Drop/s: The most prominent drop is Grendel hide, a 100% drop. Like other dragon hides this can be tanned and made into leather. Tanners have never encountered animal skin this tough to tan so the process costs 5k per hide.

This leather can then be worked by high level crafters (90+) into Grendel hide armor.

The requirements to wear this new gear are the highest yet (either 85 or 90 in both ranged and defence).

This armor would feature the highest bonuses rangers have enjoyed to date, including an unprecedented ranged str bonus from these equipment slots (ranging from 2 for the vambraces to 4 for the body) and drasticly increased magic defence (30 to 40 percent higher than pernix gear for that equipment slot).

People who equip Grendel hide armor will experience a strange phenomena. While wearing any piece of Grendel you will be unable to take hold of any melee weapons or staffs as though there were a magnetic repulsion to them.

However, the skin of Grendel cannot last very long seperated from it's body. As such, Grendel hide armor will crumble to dust after 3 hours of combat.

Another unique drop is Grendel's nails, there is a very powerful venom within these nails which can be accessed by crushing them with a pestle and mortar. Crushed nails can be mixed into a weapon poison (++) by high level herblorists (85+) to make a new extreme potion, weapon poison (p+++).

A weapon treated with this new powerful weapon poison will be extremely poisonous the poison starting at 108. Even monsters immune to all other forms of poisoning will find themselves subject to poisoning from a weapon treated with this foul concoction, although only starting from 48. Weapon poison (p+++) and any weapons or ammo treated with it are subject to the same rules as other extreme potions, meaning they will be untradeable and not useable in the wilderness.

The rarest of Grendel's unique drops are pieces of ancestral lunar robes.

Only the most skilled mages (85 to 90 in magic and defence) will be able to withstand the immense magic energies that can be felt while wearing them.

These robes provide nothing in terms of physical defences but make up in having the highest magic attack bonuses seen yet for the specific equipment slots (apporximately 5 to 15 points higher than comparable virtus equipment) as well as providing a slight boost magic damage (ranging from 1% from the boots, to 5% for the robe top, 15% for the full set).

If that wasn't enough these robes can also radiate a power that is absorbed by runes to enable them to not run out of energy when a mage draws power from them to cast a combat spell (each piece of the set gives increased odds of not using runes when casting spells, ranging from 2% from boots to 10% from robe top, 30% from full set).

Location: In the Lunar Isle mine, in the room where you meet Cyrisus there is an openable passage that will remain locked until you are informed of its existance.

Items Required to Slay: Technically none. Realistically antidragon shield or superantifire potion, antipoison, salamanders will help significantly.

New Item Design: Grendel hide, leather, and armor are colored a greenish brown with seemingly random placements of a wavey purple line.

Ancestral lunar robes are black adorned with silver cresent moons on the front and back.

Monster's appearance: Grendel's apparance is unlike any other dragon in Runescape. It does not possess wings. When on all fours, it's body mass appears to be concentrated on the front, it's posture is reminiscent of a bulldog. It's scales are colored a greensih brown with purple spots that appear to be battlescars. It is also capable of standing on two legs, and when it does so, it show an underbelly scaled in such a way as it resembling chain armor. From it's claws, you might even see it's bright green poison dripping from the tips of it's nails. It attacks with dragonfire, it's melee attack it will swipe at you, and it will stand on it's hind legs for it's ranged attack where it fires it's nails you at rapid shortbow speed, returning back to all fours after 8 to 10 attacks.

Scenario: (if any) Since time immemorial, the slayer masters have kept not only the location of Grendel, but also it's existence a closely guarded secret for not even they knew how to kill this dangerous creature. All manners of weapons and magicks they tried all proved invain. The best the slayer masters could do when the moonclan asked for their assistance was to follow it to it's home and seal it so that it could never get out. Since the secret behind hurting Grendel was discovered, today's slayer masters agreed that their most skilled pupils should now be given the oppertunity to test their skills against this creature.

Upon reaching 95 slayer the next task Kuradal will give you will be a random number of Grendels. Having never heard of them before your character will want to know more, the following dialog ensues.

You: Err, Kuradal?

Kuradal: Yes?

You: what's a Grendel?

Kuradal: I'm not surprised you don't know, take this.

*You are handed a key*

Kuradal: Use that in a small room in Lunar Isle's mine and you should find Grendel's chamber, seeing it for yourself would be easier than me explaining it.

Kuradal: Be prepared to defend against dragonfire, strong poison from fast ranged attacks, and do not rely on magic spells or artificial weapons.

EDIT to add a too long, didn't read

TL;DR: Grendel, a new type of dragon immune to all magic spells and artificial weapons (scimitar, rapier, arrows, etc.) accessible at 95 slayer. You can damage Grendel with unarmed attacks, but you're best bet would be "natural" weapons, like salamanders obtained from the hunting skill.

Creature's name: Grendel

Combat Level: 200

Unique Drop/s: The most prominent drop is Grendel hide, a 100% drop. Like other dragon hides this can be tanned and made into leather. Tanners have never encountered animal skin this tough to tan so the process costs 5k per hide.

This leather can then be worked by high level crafters (90+) into Grendel hide armor.

The requirements to wear this new gear are the highest yet (either 85 or 90 in both ranged and defence).

This armor would feature the highest bonuses rangers have enjoyed to date, including an unprecedented ranged str bonus from these equipment slots (ranging from 2 for the vambraces to 4 for the body) and drasticly increased magic defence (30 to 40 percent higher than pernix gear for that equipment slot).

People who equip Grendel hide armor will experience a strange phenomena. While wearing any piece of Grendel you will be unable to take hold of any melee weapons or staffs as though there were a magnetic repulsion to them.

However, the skin of Grendel cannot last very long seperated from it's body. As such, Grendel hide armor will crumble to dust after 3 hours of combat.

Another unique drop is Grendel's nails, there is a very powerful venom within these nails which can be accessed by crushing them with a pestle and mortar. Crushed nails can be mixed into a weapon poison (++) by high level herblorists (85+) to make a new extreme potion, weapon poison (p+++).

A weapon treated with this new powerful weapon poison will be extremely poisonous the poison starting at 108. Even monsters immune to all other forms of poisoning will find themselves subject to poisoning from a weapon treated with this foul concoction, although only starting from 48. Weapon poison (p+++) and any weapons or ammo treated with it are subject to the same rules as other extreme potions, meaning they will be untradeable and not useable in the wilderness.

The rarest of Grendel's unique drops are pieces of ancestral lunar robes.

Only the most skilled mages (85 to 90 in magic and defence) will be able to withstand the immense magic energies that can be felt while wearing them.

These robes provide nothing in terms of physical defences but make up in having the highest magic attack bonuses seen yet for the specific equipment slots (apporximately 5 to 15 points higher than comparable virtus equipment) as well as providing a slight boost magic damage (ranging from 1% from the boots, to 5% for the robe top, 15% for the full set).

If that wasn't enough these robes can also radiate a power that is absorbed by runes to enable them to not run out of energy when a mage draws power from them to cast a combat spell (each piece of the set gives increased odds of not using runes when casting spells, ranging from 2% from boots to 10% from robe top, 30% from full set).

Location: In the Lunar Isle mine, in the room where you meet Cyrisus there is an openable passage that will remain locked until you are informed of its existance.

Items Required to Slay: Technically none. Realistically antidragon shield or superantifire potion, antipoison, salamanders will help significantly.

New Item Design: Grendel hide, leather, and armor are colored a greenish brown with seemingly random placements of a wavey purple line.

Ancestral lunar robes are black adorned with silver cresent moons on the front and back.

Monster's appearance: Grendel's apparance is unlike any other dragon in Runescape. It does not possess wings. When on all fours, it's body mass appears to be concentrated on the front, it's posture is reminiscent of a bulldog. It's scales are colored a greensih brown with purple spots that appear to be battlescars. It is also capable of standing on two legs, and when it does so, it show an underbelly scaled in such a way as it resembling chain armor. From it's claws, you might even see it's bright green poison dripping from the tips of it's nails. It attacks with dragonfire, it's melee attack it will swipe at you, and it will stand on it's hind legs for it's ranged attack where it fires it's nails you at rapid shortbow speed, returning back to all fours after 8 to 10 attacks.

Scenario: (if any) Since time immemorial, the slayer masters have kept not only the location of Grendel, but also it's existence a closely guarded secret for not even they knew how to kill this dangerous creature. All manners of weapons and magicks they tried all proved invain. The best the slayer masters could do when the moonclan asked for their assistance was to follow it to it's home and seal it so that it could never get out. Since the secret behind hurting Grendel was discovered, today's slayer masters agreed that their most skilled pupils should now be given the oppertunity to test their skills against this creature.

Upon reaching 95 slayer the next task Kuradal will give you will be a random number of Grendels. Having never heard of them before your character will want to know more, the following dialog ensues.

You: Err, Kuradal?

Kuradal: Yes?

You: what's a Grendel?

Kuradal: I'm not surprised you don't know, take this.

*You are handed a key*

Kuradal: Use that in a small room in Lunar Isle's mine and you should find Grendel's chamber, seeing it for yourself would be easier than me explaining it.

Kuradal: Be prepared to defend against dragonfire, strong poison from fast ranged attacks, and do not rely on magic spells or artificial weapons.

tl;dr

Seemed really noobish in the beginning.

Amitoz.png

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.