Are you ready for new high level Slayer content?

Triquos

There are so many skills that have been around for longer yet don't even have that. Just off the top of my head, there's no advantage to training firemaking or woodcutting that aren't niche purposes.

And those need to change too. But there's nothing wrong with making rewards for a harder skill first, is there?

crossed_body.png

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are so many skills that have been around for longer yet don't even have that. Just off the top of my head, there's no advantage to training firemaking or woodcutting that aren't niche purposes.

And those need to change too. But there's nothing wrong with making rewards for a harder skill first, is there?

+1.

"But other skills are broken too" isn't an argument, it just demonstrates how much work Jagex has in store before their game isn't broken.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

Personally, I am always in favour of high level content of any kind. Higher level slayer content, in terms of new targets and new drops (abyssal armour would be hella cool!) would be great.

I'd like to see the Abyssal content included by the OP provided that it came with a general update of all things abyssal, including a graphical reworking of the denizens of the abyss.

Frankly, if you want my impression, it seems to me, lately, that the crew at Jagex are most likely trying to follow the "WoW" approach to gaming. Big kills = big thrills = most rewards. So it's far more likely that they will make a combat related (i.e. skiller) reward before they will make any skill related reward.

Big hits, big kills - HACK AND SLASH that's what the kiddies want. And what the kiddies want the kiddies get.

Part of the problem is, of course, that the developers for the game actually "play" it or better "don't play it". That is, they spent no time on "skills" (they just set them all to 99) and, instead, spend their time boss killing and doing slayer.

Actual skillers the people who grind them out to 99 are a minority. So getting any sizable rewards (or actual USE or PURPOSE for that matter) from skilling isn't likely going to happen anytime soon, despite however much it is needed. To hell with them. They're not important. Who needs a smithing skill that can make armour for combat levels over 40? Who cares when I can kill [cabbage] and get good armour?

:rolleyes:

nyuseg.png

This would be a good slayer update:

At certain level plateaus, you gain a passive 150% damage increase against a type of monster, regardless if you are on task. This bonus also extends inside Daemonheim:

Level 90: Giants

Level 93: Ghosts

Level 95: Mages

Level 97: Demons

Level 99: Dragons

td2sig.jpg

have you actually even played wow?

Have you ever used "capitalization", punctuation or

tags?

I have played WoW, actually. It was far more combat-oriented than Runescape, at that time. My son still plays it. He's maxed out 5 characters already in less time than I've taken on this one Runescape account -- and he's ADHD and doesn't focus for more than 20 minutes at a time on anything ...

:rolleyes:

nyuseg.png

Part of the problem is, of course, that the developers for the game actually "play" it or better "don't play it". That is, they spent no time on "skills" (they just set them all to 99) and, instead, spend their time boss killing and doing slayer.
Perhaps when they go on Jmod accounts.... but on their personal accounts they cannot change their stats and have to play by the same rules as the rest of us.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Perhaps when they go on Jmod accounts.... but on their personal accounts they cannot change their stats and have to play by the same rules as the rest of us.

That's what you think ;) .

I'm not an efficienado.

The thing I hate about Jagex... They seem to think more = harder. C'mon Jagex, 10 Abyssal Demons is just as easy as 200 -.-

Look at when they released Kuradel... Same old monsters, just more of them. Like seriously, I could hardly stand the amount Duradel would assign. Mk, there's the odd cool task, like Jad, but WTF. I want something that takes skill, not just click, pray, and watch your pixel fight. Special abilities, different attacks, etc.

have you actually even played wow?

Have you ever used "capitalization", punctuation or quote tags?

Hahaha!

09144a99bb.png

@xSxqPowerx-you surprise me-are you one of those, err, 'powerslayers'?

Here's my beef: we have an entire skill whose rewards come solely from being able to kill monsters exclusive to people who have trained the skill. There is no point in a skill like that, at all, if there are better monsters than the ones that can be killed with the skill.

Yes, training slayer is fun, but that doesn't make it useful. It's right down there with firemaking, cooking, etc. as far as ultimately being a waste of time to level.

Interesting point. Very interesting. In fact, I'd never thought about slayer that way before.

I suppose the key question here is wether monsters are on a rolling scale of good to bad. Being able to kill abyssal demons may not be as fancy as being able to kill frost dragons, BUT you might still think it's worthwhile even if you can kill frost dragons.

I'm not sure frosts and tormenteds are necessarily better monsters to kill than all the other ones you can try with slayer. For one thing, they might not be as fun.

I suppose your argument, however, destroys a lot of point to skills. For example:

There is no point in the bow section of fletching because rangers can get a darkbow.

There is no point to smithing and crafting because all things can be obtained as drops or TT rewards, or services bought from NPCs.

There is no point to thieving as better things can be obtained from monsters.

There is no point to firemaking as ashes can be obtained very easily from level 1 and ranges are throughout runescape.

There is no point to runecrafting as runes can be bought from NPCs more easily.

So I don't really know what to say. I've never been a fan of slayer, since I don't hugely enjoy the combat aspect of the game, but I've always assumed high-level slayers thought it was absolutely brilliant. In any case, isn't the point of the slayer skill to have fun?

The way you argue, there is no point to train ANY of the skills.

There is no point to woodcutting as logs can be bought.

There is no point to fishing as fish can be bought.

But we RuneScape players love grinding away just for the hell of it. See what I mean?

True, the fish/logs have to come from somewhere, but this is implying everyone else supplies the market but you see the skills pointless.

Southpark0o.png

Click for bloggy ^^

The way you argue, there is no point to train ANY of the skills.

There is no point to woodcutting as logs can be bought.

There is no point to fishing as fish can be bought.

But we RuneScape players love grinding away just for the hell of it. See what I mean?

True, the fish/logs have to come from somewhere, but this is implying everyone else supplies the market but you see the skills pointless.

No, some skills have rewards. Herblore, summoning, prayer, combats, dungeoneering, agility, firemaking, etc. have some sort of reward for being a high level that doesn't have an easier to get, superior replacement. Slayer hasn't got much beyond cave crawlers and slayer rings as far as real rewards. You'd never want to camp dark beasts or abyssal demons or nechryael instead of tormented demons, frost dragons, or even blue dragons. Never. It's also barely worthwhile hunting ice strykes, let alone going through all the tasks to get them assigned.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

...or you could just go kill nex for that?

Oh, I didn't realize Nex was already providing a reward for high level slayers.

Wait, no, she just outclasses all of the slayer monsters that are supposed to be harder and more rewarding than monsters that don't require slayer.

The game doesn't need anymore 5b+ armors.

the game doesn't need anymore people whining about not having 2b, either.

the slayer drops could be untradable.

Oh yeah, torva impacted the game sooooo much. Like, bandos is way outdated, which stupid noobs aren't using torva yet? What a practical update to combat.

if it doesn't affect your gameplay, then it's not a problem that it's 3b for a set.

Jagex wasting their time on ANOTHER boss within 2 months, kill-able by even less people that are able to kill nex, that also requires a team, would affect me. I don't care about a high level slay update that makes slayer worthwhile. I don't want time spent on creating another nex.

Jagex wasting their time on ANOTHER boss within 2 months, kill-able by even less people that are able to kill nex, that also requires a team, would affect me.

Guess what? That time would be better spent than wildywyrms and hati wolf.

You have a problem with torva being 3b, you get your stats up and go nex hunting.

crossed_body.png

Jagex wasting their time on ANOTHER boss within 2 months, kill-able by even less people that are able to kill nex, that also requires a team, would affect me.

You have a problem with torva being 3b, you get your stats up and go nex hunting.

I don't care if torva is 3B, or even remotely desire it. Creating another torva, or the weapon coutnerpart of torva is probably even more of a waste of time considering they just released nex like 2 months ago.

And what was wrong with wildy wyrms? camp-able/commodified bosses are the only thing fun now?

I don't care if torva is 3B, or even remotely desire it. Creating another torva, or the weapon coutnerpart of torva is probably even more of a waste of time considering they just released nex like 2 months ago.

And what was wrong with wildy wyrms? camp-able/commodified bosses are the only thing fun now?

You're right, because Pernix is the DaDDy

Excuse me for wanting updates with more than 10 minutes worth of content.

crossed_body.png

why is wildywyrm a good allocation of resources and nex a bad?

ps: not every update can be a quest requiring level 20 skills completable in 10 minutes - other people besides you deserve appropriate content as well

You can have a high level slay update without creating another disaster that was called nex....(not so much a disaster with 3x improved drop rate, so torva is only 2b instead of 6b...yay usefulness)

And any armor that costs more than the max amount of cash the game can even display shows that there is obviously something wrong.