Are you ready for new high level Slayer content?

Triquos

Item-wise I would like to see a polearm (glaive, naginata, ashandarei (bonus points if you know what that is)). We currently only have spears (which mostly suck) and halberds (which entirely suck).

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about those lava strykewyrms that we were teased about?

Toony used to have a great suggestion thread about them

Of course Jagex releases the Wildywyrm, which is what every slayer wanted: A 2 week event of killing a wyrm that has a 1:30 chance of dropping a fury shark

281ae50b7c.png

But...the fun is a reward? *shakes head in confusion*.

It's the difference between wanting to get the levels (which slayer is great at- it's a fun skill), and wanting to USE the levels.

Rewards are abilities unlocked by the skill that you want to use outside of training the skill. Herblore's rewards are untradable potions, dungeoneering has chaotics and frost dragons, summoning has pack yaks and steel titans... slayer has dark beasts. Nobody ever would want to kill dark beasts off task. Abbys are similarly poor for camping, as are all of the other slayer monsters. Every single one is outdated and inferior to newer, shinier monsters that for some bizarre reason don't require slayer levels, as if Jagex forgot about that entire skill about unlocking better monsters to kill.

Fun makes us want to train, but it doesn't provide any reward after we've stopped training. That's an important distinction.

Ah! Now I understand you properly. So slayer used to be rewarding, but isn't any more. How sad. I imagine Jagex did forget about the slayer skill then, since I doubt most of them are very into the game (oh, I'm sure a few are, but not all by any stretch).

I'm not an efficienado.

small suggestion:

In real life javelins are one of the most feared weapons. In the hands of a skilled javelin thrower the javelin is the supreme penetrating weapon.

Not in runescape of course. Javelins are junk there.

Add the slayer ability to put broad tips on addy/rune javelins and make them kick ass.

Or special new slayer javelins of which you can buy the ability to make them and where you need a high smithing and slayer level. And immediately we have a decent high-end smithing update anticipated by many.

So many possibilities.

----

To be honest, slayer is one of the best developed skills in my opinion. The last slayer update was already quite powerful: effigies.

spuriousmonk.png

spuriousmonk.png

To be honest, slayer is one of the best developed skills in my opinion. The last slayer update was already quite powerful: effigies.

That's an advantage to training slayer, not an advantage for having slayer levels. 99 slayer doesn't help me get effigies any faster than someone with 1 slayer.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

That's an advantage to training slayer, not an advantage for having slayer levels. 99 slayer doesn't help me get effigies any faster than someone with 1 slayer.

It does if you're cannoning giant cave crawlers for the effigies.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

No, not really. You only need 35 slayer to access them, so...

td2sig.jpg

Fair enough. The highest level non-dungeoneering slayer benefit is 35 for Smoking Kills and access to the cannonable cave crawlers.

Woo, high level rewards ftw!

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Well, to be fair ISW are the most cost-efficient mage training in the game (provided you can use Fire Surge). In the average task, you'll use up about ~800k value in runes/pots, and you'll get back about 500-800k value in miscellaneous drops, not counting SoL. You'll also get like 150k magic exp for an hour's work.

td2sig.jpg

Creature's name: Sapphire/Emerald/Ruby/Diamond/Dragonstone Scorpion

Combat Level: 200ish, up to 400 max.

Slayer Level requirement: 89.

Unique Drop/s: Enchanted Sapphire/Emerald/Ruby/Diamond/Dragonstone equipment, all have a very rare (like, third age rare) chance of dropping onyx equipment. The drops could be any type of armour (ranger, mage, melee) and they would all have a set effect (body, helm, legs)

Sapphire: Raises accuracy of all attacks by 20%.

Emerald: When you get attacked, the attacker gets poisoned for 100 lp.

Ruby: Chance of healing yourself by twice the damage dealt to you.

Diamond: Has positive bonuses to the attack style class effective against the class effective against it (platebody has range attack bonuses) as well as having defense bonuses towards the type that is very effective (platebody gives mage defence bonuses)

Dragonstone: Immunity against dragonfire, and subtracts 15 points off of special attacks (dds spec only costs 10% now). Downside: not usuable in pvp.

Onyx: Massive str bonuses, and defense bonuses, as well as accuracy bonuses and huge pray bonuses. Also unusable in pvp. On top of that, it would be more of a decorative item than anything else, as the price would be ridiculously high, as in current torva g.e. prices.

Items Required to Slay: Scorpion Antidote, made at lvl 65 herblore, and trade able. It works exactly like antifire pots.

New Item Design: Like dragon armour, except slightly transparent and colored for the respective gem.

Monster's appearance: Like a giant scorpion, except made of its respective gem type. However, the tip of the tail is always black, as are the eyes.

Scenario: (if any). The monster attacks a lot like revenants, using all three combat styles, as well as being poisonous for 300 damage, and quickly unless you use the antidote beforehand. They cannot heal themselves unless they get to an unminable gem rock of their type, at which point the battle becomes similar to the Gluttonous Behemoth.

If you have any suggestions, tell me, as I'm thinking of moving this to the RS forums.

Bionic_Yoshi.png

TT rewards: 2 ranger boots, Zamorak page 1 (2x), Guthix page 1, Ancient page 2

You must construct additional oak larders doors... I mean pylons

Barrows: 10. Total value~22.3 mil. Ahrim Robeskirt is currently the item I have received the most.

@xSxqPowerx-you surprise me-are you one of those, err, 'powerslayers'?

Here's my beef: we have an entire skill whose rewards come solely from being able to kill monsters exclusive to people who have trained the skill. There is no point in a skill like that, at all, if there are better monsters than the ones that can be killed with the skill.

Yes, training slayer is fun, but that doesn't make it useful. It's right down there with firemaking, cooking, etc. as far as ultimately being a waste of time to level.

Interesting point. Very interesting. In fact, I'd never thought about slayer that way before.

I suppose the key question here is wether monsters are on a rolling scale of good to bad. Being able to kill abyssal demons may not be as fancy as being able to kill frost dragons, BUT you might still think it's worthwhile even if you can kill frost dragons.

I'm not sure frosts and tormenteds are necessarily better monsters to kill than all the other ones you can try with slayer. For one thing, they might not be as fun.

I suppose your argument, however, destroys a lot of point to skills. For example:

There is no point in the bow section of fletching because rangers can get a darkbow.

There is no point to smithing and crafting because all things can be obtained as drops or TT rewards, or services bought from NPCs.

There is no point to thieving as better things can be obtained from monsters.

There is no point to firemaking as ashes can be obtained very easily from level 1 and ranges are throughout runescape.

There is no point to runecrafting as runes can be bought from NPCs more easily.

So I don't really know what to say. I've never been a fan of slayer, since I don't hugely enjoy the combat aspect of the game, but I've always assumed high-level slayers thought it was absolutely brilliant. In any case, isn't the point of the slayer skill to have fun?

No no no, you see.....Well, for one thing, fletching bows, smithing and craftng armour is actually bloody useless.

But the thing is, how useful are these things from a macro vs micro point of view? A macro is a large scale point of view. From the larger picture, we need runecrafters and cookers and fishers to keep enough runes and food in the game. Fletching allows the use of cheap and effective broad bolts. I'm actually not entirely positive on crafting/smithing to be honest lol....

The thing is, at a macro-level, a lot of us want things like whips, etc, to be available. But at a micro-level, actually doing things like fishing your food, crafting your runes, slaying for your own whips (or doing any of those for money) might not be the best use of time, or whatever.

Basically, what I'm trying to get at, abyssal demons allow the game as a whole access to abyssal whips, the second best overall weapon in the game (and much easier to get then a rapier.) From the individual standpoint of a slayer however, killing abyssal demons for money might not be the best use of one's time.

Frankly, I think skilling would be better off with a lot more untradeable rewards, to make it more worthwhile for people to get the level for things. For whatever reasons (I have thoughts on why this is but I'd rather not bring it up here) we've reach a state in the game where tradeable "rewards" from skilling are useless. (By tradeable, I mean using a skill to collect or produce a tradeable item.) The only way for most skills to be worthwhile is to give them untradeable rewards.

But on the other hand, I don't want skills that needed for most aspects of the game - pre-Nex (and maybe still now, I don't know) the actual requirements for Bandos, simply due to competition, was pretty much being level 138 with claws, chaotics and overloads.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

But on the other hand, I don't want skills that needed for most aspects of the game - pre-Nex (and maybe still now, I don't know) the actual requirements for Bandos, simply due to competition, was pretty much being level 138 with claws, chaotics and overloads.

This is simply caused by not enough boss monsters in the game. There are very few cost-effective bosses to fight, and Bandos is one of the top ones, so he's packed. Nex was a good step, we need more stuff like that to keep 138s with divines occupied so no monster ends up stupidly overcamped.

99 Slayer took me a few years....

99 Slayer is useless now that I've achieved it...

Woohoo!

Tbh right now it's probably more useful than it's ever been.

Yeah, I'd much rather be 99 slayer now than when whips were 20m and 20m was half a partyhat.

99 Slayer took me a few years....

99 Slayer is useless now that I've achieved it...

Woohoo!

Tbh right now it's probably more useful than it's ever been.

Yeah, I'd much rather be 99 slayer now than when whips were 20m and 20m was half a partyhat.

Maybe it was a good moneymaker in the past, but I still think it's more useful now. There are many more reasons to train it now than there was back then.

Only reason to train slayer now is if you aren't maxed melee and don't want to AFK zombies.

Yup

So what about for people with 93+ slayer? SoulGazer? LMFFPAO!!! (LMF fat plump AO)

Anyway... 93+ slayer outside of Dung is pointless, and even then you need a fire cape or 2k hard earnt tokens to take advantage of that particular update (Which I cba to get)

Give us a Slayer Boss, with tiered damage limiter based on your slayer lvl!! (I think it was mentioned earlier on this thread, but similarly to getting a fire cape, i cba to find it.)

now: slayer xp

then: slayer xp + money

This.

Hell, you made money at any slayer level that dropped unique slayer items.

You could easily making a couple hundred K a trip starting at mid level slayer, which is complete chump change now but back then was a nice amount of money.

I agree with some of the people here in that slayer (and all skills for that matter) should offer untradeable items only obtainable through doing the skill. The item should also be something actually useful and not just some beacon network ish type thing that more or less only benefits that certain skill.

Also, while stepping out of my room for a couple minutes it came to me that slayer could have some evil tree/shooting star type event, where some sort of monster appears on runescape and must be defeated while using your slayer skill. Like the existing events, the slayer event would be immobile so that it doesn't rampage across the map. Rewards would be similar to the existing events, with a slayer/combat twist, of course.

This is a very rough idea and it would probably be a bit corny to have a monster trapped in one square getting killed by a bunch of players. Perhaps the monsters could appear on an alternate plane, which you could teleport to from the slayer masters, who themselves would be present at the battle to kill the threat.

How about every 10 slayer skill levels giving some sort passive (present at all times) combat bonus. You and that dude might have the same gear and combat level, but his 80 slayer gives him an edge and his max hit is 80 points higher than yours

Just rough ideas here, trying to come up with ways in which there could be more to slaye than just the ability to kill monsters that have better alternatives for combat experience and or profit.

now: slayer xp

then: slayer xp + money

This.

Hell, you made money at any slayer level that dropped unique slayer items.

You could easily making a couple hundred K a trip starting at mid level slayer, which is complete chump change now but back then was a nice amount of money.

I agree with some of the people here in that slayer (and all skills for that matter) should offer untradeable items only obtainable through doing the skill. The item should also be something actually useful and not just some beacon network ish type thing that more or less only benefits that certain skill.

Also, while stepping out of my room for a couple minutes it came to me that slayer could have some evil tree/shooting star type event, where some sort of monster appears on runescape and must be defeated while using your slayer skill. Like the existing events, the slayer event would be immobile so that it doesn't rampage across the map. Rewards would be similar to the existing events, with a slayer/combat twist, of course.

This is a very rough idea and it would probably be a bit corny to have a monster trapped in one square getting killed by a bunch of players. Perhaps the monsters could appear on an alternate plane, which you could teleport to from the slayer masters, who themselves would be present at the battle to kill the threat.

How about every 10 slayer skill levels giving some sort passive (present at all times) combat bonus. You and that dude might have the same gear and combat level, but his 80 slayer gives him an edge and his max hit is 80 points higher than yours

Just rough ideas here, trying to come up with ways in which there could be more to slaye than just the ability to kill monsters that have better alternatives for combat experience and or profit.

Or special damage, like the Keris finding a [racist term] (I happen to be chinese) through a Kalphite's armour.

Could be like Your mastery in slayer enabled you to deal a deadly blow, causing extra damage to the Mithril Dragon. (Cue new damage splat icon)

Or double loot, similar to thieving/agility...

IDK, just something to distinguish the fact, that you gained 13.1m exp in Slayer, as opposed to a lowly 7m -_-

There are so many skills that have been around for longer yet don't even have that. Just off the top of my head, there's no advantage to training firemaking or woodcutting that aren't niche purposes.

Tact.gif