Runescape Voice Chat Poll

Venomous

Not sure if this was posted already or not.

Do you think this would be a good idea?

How good/bad do you think the quality would be?

In my opinion, this would help a lot of RSB clans improve in organization.

http://services.rune...oll--voice-chat

Quick find code: 254-255-67-62489660

We know that a lot of you use voice chat while playing RuneScape, and wed like to find out more about how and why you use it. Our new poll focuses on what you love, as well as what you dont. Your answers will help us with our research into different chat options for the game, so make sure you get involved.

Voice chat gives you the opportunity to communicate with others using a microphone or headset rather than having to type when youre online. There are a variety of voice chat programs that host servers and channels dedicated to different purposes whether organizing tactics in games or chatting to your friends all over the world.

Do you use voice chat? Let us know. If you dont use voice chat, make sure you use this opportunity to tell us that you dont. Every voice counts, after all.

To vote in the latest poll, click /m=weblogin/loginform.ws?mod=poll&ssl=0&expired=0&dest=vote.ws?id=511"]here. If youd like to comment on this poll or leave us some feedback, head over to the /l=0/sl=0/[Please Use QuickFind Code]?254,255,67,62489660"]New Poll - Voice Chat thread in our official forums.

tifovsigev3.jpg

It would be both beneficial and non-beneficial. The problem is, what happens with people who are in-game who are muted on your TS? It would just completely mess up the whole principle behind modding TS/Ventrilo. Not to mention other clans. That will be one noisy battlefield. With past Jagex updates in mind, I can predict they'll probably just set it to user preferences only, meaning that it won't be controlled by the clans at all.

Then again, this is just speculation. We can't know until it's released or if they release more depth.

j0xPu5R.png

Do you think this would be a good idea?

If its as good as TS3/Vent and un-DDOSable, I see it being used as a backup ... but never as a 1st choice.

How good/bad do you think the quality would be?

Jagex probably aren't gonna cater for serious warring clans since we already have TS3 etc, I think they want to accomodate those smaller clans who just wanna chat while playing RS or during non-serious events/wars. I don't think the speed/quality would be good enough for what serious warring clans would need and there wouldn't be enough features.

smallerawesomesig.png

EU Leader | | CE Retired Admin | | TKO Retired Member | | SE Retired Member

Jagex deserves to be commended for opening the doors to more people using audio in fights and in other gameplay. However we will have to wait until the update is complete to make a comparison to other audio options such as Ventrilo and TeamSpeak.

Genesis Leader

Ending Templar & Trial Caller of The Rising

Ex-Leader of Silent Ember - Ex-Leader of True Ownage - Ex-Leader of Legendz

Former Tip.It Clan Community Leader

I think they need to focus on their own product rather than attempting to emulate existing software. Teamspeak and Ventrilo already exist and perform their functions well. I'm sure that if Jagex really wanted to they could open up negotiations with the companies behind that software to reach an agreement that would satisfy both sides and provide the customers with this service at a high quality, without requiring hundreds of manhours only to produce software with fewer features and questionable user satisfaction.

The fact of the matter is that the Ventrilo and Teamspeak teams have their focus on their voice software all of the time. That is their business and they do it well. Make that deal and save yourselves headache, heartache, and money.

Proud Gladiator

gladzorgrespected.png

This will be a boon to RSB clans and smaller clans that can't afford a decent TS3/Vent server. The big clans already have multiple TS/Vent servers and won't want to give up the control that owning their own server provides. It can see it being used in Jagex Cup and like tournaments since it can't be DDoSed.

rsd.gif

rsdb.png

124ecdx.gifFormer Admin of The Death Monkeighs124ecdx.gif

124ecdx.gifFormer Vengeance Council124ecdx.gif

124ecdx.gifFormer Eternal Honour Member124ecdx.gif

124ecdx.gifCurrent Runescape Dinasty Supreme Member124ecdx.gif

Will definitely help RSB clans out. as for real warring clans, not so much due the fact that it probably won't be as good quality most likely. Wouldn't be a bad idea for backup, though.

Hopefully Jagex can handle DDOSing better than most server hosts do. If so, I can see most people using it.

They certainly can - and I'm sure they won't hesitate to look into legal action if it happens.

I like this - obviously much depends on how they implement it, but as others have said, potentially great for backup, or for RSB clans.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

it will probably be horrible quality, but who knows.

it could always prove useful when someone gets ddosed.

Jagex has confirmed that if it will be developed and brought to use it won't have bad/horrible sound/overall quality.

puuloppgs5.png

bk.png

Proud BlacKnights Emeritius