Prayer drainning in slayer

zoth01

I've heard alot of players reporting that you shouldn't seek a slayer gear setup that has above +20 prayers, but to keep it around this number while investing in offensive bonuses.

Is there any way i can confirm this? Some maths would be nice, or 2 gear setups so i can test, because it's kinda hard to prove about it without them =P

Thanks in advance

Skiller11101.png

Are you trying to prove this cuz of the Slayer topic on the Zybez Forums?

azeem1992.png

Really? Cause as I recall it was you who was the one cussing me at base. Also, re-read what you just said: one 15 second delay (which is an exaggeration to begin with) ruins floor times? You are beyond ridiculous.

So you know it is me who was discussing the topic with you?

EDIT: BTW, this was the forums that suggested fury before bandos.

azeem1992.png

Really? Cause as I recall it was you who was the one cussing me at base. Also, re-read what you just said: one 15 second delay (which is an exaggeration to begin with) ruins floor times? You are beyond ridiculous.

Doesn't matter for the topic, only want to grab solid data to my question :)

edit: post whatever you want if you act childish, i do not mind being wrong if it means i get the doubt about wether is worth going over 20 pray bonus or not solved ;)

Skiller11101.png

How am I acting childish?

azeem1992.png

the prayer drain multiplier is

(30 + prayer bonus)/30

the multiplier is multiplied by the prayer's base drain rate (as given in seconds per prayer point drop) to give the modified prayer drain.

- at a prayer bonus of 0, turmoil will drain at 1800 prayer points per hour

- at a prayer bonus of 9 (fury, full bandos, fire cape), turmoil will drain at 1385 prayer points per hour

- at a prayer bonus of 19 (fury, full bandos, SW cape), turmoil will drain at 1102 prayer points per hour

- at a prayer bonus of 30 (fury, full proselyte, SW cape), turmoil will drain at 900 prayer points per hour

as you can see, the more prayer bonus you already have, the less benefit that more prayer bonus will give you. the first 9 prayer bonus reduced prayer drain by 415 points, but the next 10 prayer bonus only reduced prayer drain by 283 prayer points and the next 11 prayer bonus only reduced prayer drain by 202 points.

conversely, strength bonus gives nearly constant returns, regardless of what your strength bonus already is. that's why switching your proselyte for bandos (if you have the money for the armor) is not that bad - you keep a high prayer bonus (19), but get the benefit of more strength.

if you have high enough prayer and summoning levels so that healing and inventory space are not an issue, then you can switch to full bandos and fire cape to maximize kill speeds - prayer potions are cheap enough currently that the extra slayer xp, charms, and drops from your increased kill speeds will more than compensate the 2.5 prayer potions per hour that proselyte or soulwars cape save.

becase in the topic you came to ask for advice, you got the answer for boss hunting. Not for slayer.

I'm intested on slayer. Do you have any feedback about it that you can backup with maths? If so post, if not, since you will provide helpfull information, do not post ;)

Edit:

thanks blade, exactly what i was looking for :D

Skiller11101.png

Theres exact numbers floating around somewhere; but yes it is true.

It is because the higher ur prayer bonus the less each +1 does

eg +19 > +20 has a bigger impact than +20>+21

And people have figured out tht short of wearing a 100% prayer outfit +20 region is the best to aim for, as it covers the most powerful prayer boost, but doesn't waste defence/offensive bonuses on prayer bonus tht does naff all overall.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I am sorry for posting senseless nonsense on this topic, but I actually have a question regarding this.

I have recently purchased a fury.

My gear now is:

Full Slayer Helm

Obisidian Cape

Whip

D Def

D Boots

B Gloves

B Ring

Prosy Top

V Skirt

Total Str bonus: +116

Total Prayer bonus: +17

IF I was to switch to Bandos, would that be better than currently having a Fury rather than a Glory?

azeem1992.png

Okay here is the zybez discussion in question:

http://forums.zybez.net/topic/1487807-slayer/

and wow i don't think a single person in that thread is right, except the guy that says AGS sucks

Bandos is extremely overrated.

Fury and dfs are much better items.

WRONG. bandos is superior to DFS, which is useless everywhere except wyverns and bossing

Bandos and Rapier are top of the line slayer gear. I say get those and then make the money to buy a Fury.

WRONG. get fury before bandos.

For Slayer the best outfit would be:

-Ardougne Cape (1-4)

WRONG. fire cape is better even when praying.

Fury is just a waste of 16mil. It represents a bigger upgrade than bandos in pvm terms, but in slayer, you don't need the defense bonuses if that means spending 16mil, when you can get better things.

WRONG. Fury is a bigger upgrade than bandos in pvm AND in slayer

i'm sick of how wrong everyone at zybez is <.<

--

@ above - no, for its price fury is better than either bandos armor piece. buy bandos after fury

I already have a Fury, so I am good? I am sure I am after the discussion in the thread I made regarding the Fury amulet, but just want to finalize it.\

EDIT: Also, Bladewing, I didn't say anything in that topic that said Fury is worse than what zoth01 said in the topic.

azeem1992.png

Okay here is the zybez discussion in question:

http://forums.zybez.net/topic/1487807-slayer/

and wow i don't think a single person in that thread is right, except the guy that says AGS sucks

Bandos is extremely overrated.

Fury and dfs are much better items.

WRONG. bandos is superior to DFS, which is useless everywhere except wyverns and bossing

Bandos and Rapier are top of the line slayer gear. I say get those and then make the money to buy a Fury.

WRONG. get fury before bandos.

For Slayer the best outfit would be:

-Ardougne Cape (1-4)

WRONG. fire cape is better even when praying.

Fury is just a waste of 16mil. It represents a bigger upgrade than bandos in pvm terms, but in slayer, you don't need the defense bonuses if that means spending 16mil, when you can get better things.

WRONG. Fury is a bigger upgrade than bandos in pvm AND in slayer

i'm sick of how wrong everyone at zybez is <.<

--

@ above - no, for its price fury is better than either bandos armor piece. buy bandos after fury

reading that thread made me lol quite a bit haha

tenebri.png

I agree. All my points were valid and Zoth01 just kept coming in and voicing something that isn't true in either slayer or pvm...

azeem1992.png

I agree NikolaiH, but I didn't quit cuz they still help somewhat, albeit not as much as this forums.

azeem1992.png

Realistically, there is no set level you should keep your prayer bonus at if you don't give us an income. For most slayer tasks at a modest income of 1m an hour, fury, bandos and fire cape setup would be best for tasks of turm/piety and fury/bandos/sw cape best for tasks of melee pray, turm/piety, but again, it's highly dependent on your income. Basically, as blade stated, strength bonus(and sometimes attack bonus) is almost always preferable to prayer bonus because of how they work. If you can make a decent amount of money an hour(3m+) you should never use sw cape unless inventory space is a problem(in which case you could use super prayers).

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

With a rapier, extremes, 99 attack, piety/turm I think strength ammy is definitely better than a glory on low defence and possibly fury.

But yes everything bladewing said is right as usual

Levon.png Bladewing.png

It's great you know what you're talking about rustiod. Everything you've said is 100% accurate a true.

That being said...your a [bleep]ing [bleep] douchebag, and none of your advice will ever (or should ever) be taken seriously because of it.

disregard good advice because the giver is a douche

THAT MAKES YOU A BETTER PERSON

Also lmfao at the zybez thread.. So much dumb I don't even

Levon.png Bladewing.png

It's great you know what you're talking about rustiod. Everything you've said is 100% accurate a true.

That being said...your a [bleep]ing [bleep] douchebag, and none of your advice will ever (or should ever) be taken seriously because of it.

disregard good advice because the giver is a douche

THAT MAKES YOU A BETTER PERSON

So you agree with my posts on that topic right? ;)

azeem1992.png