Smithing Times 20 And A Very Wealthy Problem

dcba41

Smithing Times 10 And A Very Wealthy Problem

The Artisans Workshop. Well done Jagex some F2P content that offers a new way to train smithing for all lvls (except the fact that, once again, the high level stuff is members), looks nice and offers a good new way to train for a skill that upholds all F2P melee combat. But what were you thinking with the xp levels. Here is what can be achieved by forging armour at lvl 30:

Iron Ingot I: 101xp,

Iron Bar: 25xp for forging.

Thats about 4 times as much, why would anybody train by making normal armour now? Making normal armour is now a serious xp loss and I think the G.E will dry up in terms of armour and everybody will have to make it themselves (thats okay for you 99 smithers but most people can barely make a iron set), at least until the prices rise high enough for the money gain to outweigh the xp. I think this may bust the constant, reliable fall in armour prices that has seen the rune platebody fall 33k over the last past half a year. The difficulty in obtaining rune armour may push people to train defence up to dragon and we will see a rise in that also. (BTW people, sacred clay armour is exactly the same as rune but several kg lighter) Releasing this update now, days before a bonus xp weekend (which is a very bad idea and I said so when Jagex announced the first) meant that people had a chance to get to learn it before getting there double bonus xp (10 times the amount from forging a normal iron bar). I decided to try out the Workshop when I logged in earlier today and I had passed 6 levels (47 to 53) on just over 300 iron ore in about an hour. I must also ask why it is possible to store several thousand of each ore (2k iron and 8k coal, other ores in between) two steps from the anvil and a automatic deposit one step away, its taking away the main thing that made smithing hard: running to the bank. with the introduction of the golden hammer smithers gained a extra inventory space per run and even if you forget to bring it to the workshop there is a table offering all the tools you need, well done Jagex bowing to the demands of the impatient noobs who need reminding that going through levels at a slow pace is what gives players a chance to take a break and explore some of the content they have unlocked before returning to catherby with their big net and if there clever a necklace of skills, which I think needs a rethink. Jagex have said in BTS that they intend to update the ring of wealth, but I think the skills necklace is a equally annoying problem, the RofW works well but I agree that seeing it used in pyramid plunder and barrows and given charges (where would they tele to though? The G.E is an obvious idea but there is the varrock diary reward for that) may mean it replaces my explorers ring 3 as the must have anywhere. Back to the skills necklace, it has teleports to several guilds but the only way it helps with skills is a chance of more caskets while big net fishing, and thats it! I think it needs to help with lots more skills to live up to its name. All suggestions welcome on This Forum Post Please.

Also I think I must add that the glory and combat bracelet are very good and I hope the other dragonstone jewellery can raise the mark when it gets update.

In Conclusion: Goodbye Until I Find Something Else To Rant About And Never Rule Out Barrows As The Solution To A RS Problem.

12th March 2011 This Article Was Written By: Dcba41

dcba41.png

archsupportei2.png

Barrows: Dharok's Platelegs x1 Greataxe x2 Verac's Skirt x1

"When I Am King You Will Be First Against The Wall"

If this is a rant, it belongs in the section titled, "rants", does it not? Honestly, I don't follow you on this one. Artisian's workshop has made smithing soooo much easier, without taking away the 100+ml price tag that makes it special. What more could you want?

And the armour prices won't drop, there are plenty of old-school noobs who will insist on making armour. Plus, there's so much of it in circulation anyway.

Bionic_Yoshi.png

TT rewards: 2 ranger boots, Zamorak page 1 (2x), Guthix page 1, Ancient page 2

You must construct additional oak larders doors... I mean pylons

Barrows: 10. Total value~22.3 mil. Ahrim Robeskirt is currently the item I have received the most.

Necklace of skill = teleporting you to guilds across runescape.

It's an apt name - I see no reason to change it.

It sounds to me like

a.) you trained smithing before the update

b.) you're mad because you wasted so much time on it but now it's a lot easier

c.) you have other skills to train and now you want those skills updated

It's funny how you complain about a skill becoming too easy to train but then you go around and ask RS to upgrade the skills necklace (which has pretty nice teleports) so you can have an easier time skilling.

capt%20kevin.png

I don't follow smithing rant to skills necklace update?

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

China called, they want their wall back.

Lol'd. +1

Bionic_Yoshi.png

TT rewards: 2 ranger boots, Zamorak page 1 (2x), Guthix page 1, Ancient page 2

You must construct additional oak larders doors... I mean pylons

Barrows: 10. Total value~22.3 mil. Ahrim Robeskirt is currently the item I have received the most.

The only valid point I was able to get out of that monstrosity was that they've made smithing easier and you don't like that. I fail to see the logic in the rest of your post.

I must say that I didn't like the way they've made skillling 'faster' over the past years, but it seems to be the trend and it's often balanced by a bigger price tag in the case of buyables.

nekusig2fcopy.jpg

There are three sides to every story: There's one side, there's the other, and there's the truth.

Sorry ADHD, take a break and try reading it again

dcba41.png

archsupportei2.png

Barrows: Dharok's Platelegs x1 Greataxe x2 Verac's Skirt x1

"When I Am King You Will Be First Against The Wall"

I broke up his article so it is easier to read for some of you.

Smithing Times 10 And A Very Wealthy Problem

The Artisans Workshop. Well done Jagex some F2P content that offers a new way to train smithing for all lvls (except the fact that, once again, the high level stuff is members), looks nice and offers a good new way to train for a skill that upholds all F2P melee combat. But what were you thinking with the xp levels. Here is what can be achieved by forging armour at lvl 30:

Iron Ingot I: 101xp,

Iron Bar: 25xp for forging.

Thats about 4 times as much, why would anybody train by making normal armour now? Making normal armour is now a serious xp loss and I think the G.E will dry up in terms of armour and everybody will have to make it themselves (thats okay for you 99 smithers but most people can barely make a iron set), at least until the prices rise high enough for the money gain to outweigh the xp. I think this may bust the constant, reliable fall in armour prices that has seen the rune platebody fall 33k over the last past half a year. The difficulty in obtaining rune armour may push people to train defence up to dragon and we will see a rise in that also. (BTW people, sacred clay armour is exactly the same as rune but several kg lighter)

This is BS. You assume that the only source of rune is from smithing. Have you not tried a treasure trail or killed some upper tier monsters (Hell, even fire giants and greater demons will suffice)?

Releasing this update now, days before a bonus xp weekend (which is a very bad idea and I said so when Jagex announced the first) meant that people had a chance to get to learn it before getting there double bonus xp (10 times the amount from forging a normal iron bar). I decided to try out the Workshop when I logged in earlier today and I had passed 6 levels (47 to 53) on just over 300 iron ore in about an hour. I must also ask why it is possible to store several thousand of each ore (2k iron and 8k coal, other ores in between) two steps from the anvil and a automatic deposit one step away, its taking away the main thing that made smithing hard: running to the bank. with the introduction of the golden hammer smithers gained a extra inventory space per run and even if you forget to bring it to the workshop there is a table offering all the tools you need, well done Jagex bowing to the demands of the impatient noobs who need reminding that going through levels at a slow pace is what gives players a chance to take a break and explore some of the content they have unlocked before returning to catherby with their big net and if there clever a necklace of skills, which I think needs a rethink.

Where/what the hell did you smith? It takes like 10 seconds to run between the Varrock bank. I hardly see how that is "hard".

Jagex have said in BTS that they intend to update the ring of wealth, but I think the skills necklace is a equally annoying problem, the RofW works well but I agree that seeing it used in pyramid plunder and barrows and given charges (where would they tele to though? The G.E is an obvious idea but there is the varrock diary reward for that) may mean it replaces my explorers ring 3 as the must have anywhere. Back to the skills necklace, it has teleports to several guilds but the only way it helps with skills is a chance of more caskets while big net fishing, and thats it! I think it needs to help with lots more skills to live up to its name. All suggestions welcome on This Forum Post Please.

Also I think I must add that the glory and combat bracelet are very good and I hope the other dragonstone jewellery can raise the mark when it gets update.

In Conclusion: Goodbye Until I Find Something Else To Rant About And Never Rule Out Barrows As The Solution To A RS Problem.

12th March 2011 This Article Was Written By: Dcba41

I think only a stat boost is needed to make it (somewhat) comparable to the glory, but eh.

You sure love your capitalization.

Amitoz.png

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.