Are these items worth buying?

Raiouken

I love how all teh noobs say its not worth it. If you have the wiggle room it is a great piece. The def bonus is alot especially if you ever boss hunt. You will use less food and finish tasks faster. Therfore that means more profit since you lose less money on buying supplies and kill alot more faster.

Cwadark0ne.png

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love how all teh noobs say its not worth it. If you have the wiggle room it is a great piece. The def bonus is alot especially if you ever boss hunt. You will use less food and finish tasks faster. Therfore that means more profit since you lose less money on buying supplies and kill alot more faster.

This. Also, people fail to realize it's an INVESTMENT, you can sell it back if you need to. Although, I'll never sell mine.

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]

1) Amulet of fury: is it really that good? Glory has teleports..

If the 15m for a fury is a lot to you, then no. Fury is not better then a glory. Unless you can spade 15m with a lot of wiggle room, glory is infinitly better. Only way to improve the fury, imho, is to give it tels, to say, tzhaay. With 20m cash, 10 glorys > 1 fury

Thank you for the laughter today. Don't listen to this crap

Novite_Mike.png

The corp beast, is, well, just a corp beast. He doesnt even have any friends.

[spoiler=Other Quotes]tbh idk why this makes me laugh so hard

All DFS threads turn into efficiency flame wars >.>

>OP asks "why use DFS?"

>everyone says "there is no reason"

>someone says "stop bashing people who use DFS, efficiency troll ass clown"

>thread is now a flame fest

i dunno it just always seemed to me that that small an increase in defense didnt matter that much. id wear a strength ammy over a glory any day.

but yeah if your banks 20m then id say its definitely not a good buy, spend it on good weapons/armour and wear a strength ammy would be my suggestion

Quite possibly the worst advice I've read in . . . well, today.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Raiouken.png

I have around 20m. I was wondering if it'd really help with my daily activites of Barrows, Slayer (with range) and range training to buy the following items:

2) Amulet of ranging: +5 range attack bonus over Glory.

3) Archers' ring: Is +4 really that much?

4) Seers' ring: Same thing as above.

5) Infinity boots: 1m for a 2 more magic attack and defence bonus?

Thank you for your help.

1. Not unless you're fighting something big, and even then you'd probably choose prayer. The price is too high nowadays.

2. Good for ranging, and is relatively cheap. Well worth the investment, or you can get one for free yourself by killing some Aquanites.

3. Not at all.

4. A bit better, since magic doesn't go up to the 200s bonus like ranged can, and +4 is more bonus percentage.

5. Not at all, and you can easily get a pair yourself from the Mage Training Arena.

zj7y4z.gif

DeeKay.png

To those saying a fury isn't worth losing 15m. It's an INVESTMENT. You aren't losing the cash. You are putting it to use and can always sell it back if needed.

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]

i dunno it just always seemed to me that that small an increase in defense didnt matter that much. id wear a strength ammy over a glory any day.

but yeah if your banks 20m then id say its definitely not a good buy, spend it on good weapons/armour and wear a strength ammy would be my suggestion

Strength over Glory? That is in no way even REMOTELY a good idea. He buys a Fury, still have about what, 4-5m left over? Plenty enough to make your money back. And a strength ammy is an even worse idea when the OP said they aren't meleeing, only ranging...

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

No amount of argument against the fury amulet will make it not worth it. It is 100% worth it as an upgrade if you can afford it. +8 str makes a huge difference.

azeem1992.png

Really? Cause as I recall it was you who was the one cussing me at base. Also, re-read what you just said: one 15 second delay (which is an exaggeration to begin with) ruins floor times? You are beyond ridiculous.

It will help if you melee the barrows brothers, but it is not a good test there if you are gonna mage.

azeem1992.png

Really? Cause as I recall it was you who was the one cussing me at base. Also, re-read what you just said: one 15 second delay (which is an exaggeration to begin with) ruins floor times? You are beyond ridiculous.

ring world Lol really 500 tasks or 505 tasks lol. 5 tasks thats alot of slayer exp and possibly alot of profit and charms missed out on.

Your looking for that edge the extra def is that edge. Plus if you dont see a difference just sell it. You dont lose money on furies they tend to stay around the same price. So figure it out yourself buy one and try it. You wont regret it I used to think just like you.

Cwadark0ne.png

Raiouken.png

I have around 20m. I was wondering if it'd really help with my daily activites of Barrows, Slayer (with range) and range training to buy the following items:

2) Amulet of ranging: +5 range attack bonus over Glory.

3) Archers' ring: Is +4 really that much?

4) Seers' ring: Same thing as above.

5) Infinity boots: 1m for a 2 more magic attack and defence bonus?

Thank you for your help.

Seeing as you have 20m, don't buy any of those.. you will regret it.

Buy yourself a good set of torags with a whip or something, and save the rest for a Bandos GS or something.

Amitoz.png

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.

Epic story bro.

OT: Stick to simple barrows armours, such as torags, and save it for skills such as prayer/herblaw.

Amitoz.png

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.

Well, you don't have to get a fury, but it is very useful. Your choice ultimately.

azeem1992.png

I thought fury had some amazing attack bonuses over glory, but it seems they're the same.

A +3 str huh. 15m for that, worth it or not is up to you.

You receive a +12 defense in all combat stats (which is decent)

You get a decent boost to prayer/summoning as well.

The only thing I see prohibiting the upgrade from glory -> fury is price.

Other then that, it's an amazing investment - and it's additional str/prayer in a neck slot

It's probably one of the most underlooked items in the game (the other being the damn beserker ring)

capt%20kevin.png

Agreed with LitterBug. Don't turn down the Fury cuz of it's price. Str bonus in a neck slot is very useful alongside atk bonuses and def bonuses. Sure str is usually preferred over atk, but why not have both atk and str with fury than only str with str amulet?

azeem1992.png

To those saying a fury isn't worth losing 15m. It's an INVESTMENT. You aren't losing the cash. You are putting it to use and can always sell it back if needed.

its not an investment its not gunna rise that much. if anything it'll fall. im pretty bad at buying things, i cba to wait and obviously most players player like that otherwise merchanting wouldnt work very well. i almost always lose moneyy on every large piece of armour i buy. even santa hats nowadays arnt really an investment unless you plan on keeping it for years.

i love how much flame people get for saying its not 15m. 5m more buys u bandos tassets, which are ten times better than a fury imo.

although tbf i completely forgot the OP was doing range lol

but just to defend myself. i obviously play differently to a lot of you guys, i dont slay that much. when i trained melee i got a lot of it on armoured zombies, strength ammy gives you the same ammount of strength as fury. thats all i really care about when i play. maybe its cos i played as pure only for 2 years.

but for someone with 20m bank 15m is clearly not worth it :o

are you all saying +10 def makes that much difference?

^^^

to the above post, cos str ammy costs 5k and fury ammy costs 15m. u agree that str is more important then? then with a small bank clearly u can get more then a few attack and def stats with 15m and keep the same strength. you could get berserker, veracs, stoof like that. instead of just having a fury :S

btw ive had a fury on freakyhair for last 2 years :P but when moneys tight and i got a choice between bandos or fury its always bandos. allwayys. and berserker.

i love how much flame people get for saying its not 15m. 5m more buys u bandos tassets, which are ten times better than a fury imo.

oh really?

veracandfury.png

glorytass.png

fury is universally better than tassets. AND it is cheaper. sorry, but you were wrong.