Game Update FAQ - 15/03/11

Lep

Quick find code: 15-16-285-62551124

[hide]

“Was the thought behind increasing the chance of rare drops to increase their frequency substantially with the RoW? Or is it just a mediocre increase?”

Mod Piesche: The Ring of Wealth will give you a small boost to the drop chance on certain rare items. There was a bug which caused certain bosses to drop rare items more often than intended, but this was detected and fixed very quickly and should only have a short-term effect on the economy.

“What does the message "Your ring of wealth glows more brightly!" actually mean? It happens on every kill so it is completely pointless and does not accomplish the intended purpose of letting us know when it changes something at all.”

Mod Piesche: The message lets you know that the Ring of Wealth has improved your chances for the coming drop. This does mean that it will appear every time when killing monsters that have a chance to drop unique rare items on every kill (such as abyssal demons), but the message does not necessarily mean that the drop you receive is rare.

Mod Mark: We wanted to be very clear on when the ring had a potential effect on the drop since it was the most common question about the ring before this update. You can of course filter this out if you turn your game filter on.

“Does Ring of Wealth increase the chance of Draconic Visage?”

Mod Piesche: No, it does not.

Mod Mark: It does effect a huge list of other things though including the sigils from the Corporeal Beast.

“Does wearing a RoW increase the likelihood of finding Effigies as drops? The message from the RoW activates too frequently to actually tell what part of the drop it is effecting.”

Mod Piesche: No - the ring does not improve Effigy drop chances.

“Does the RoW work for teams in lootshare and coinshare? And does everyone need to wear one for it to work, or do only a few people?”

Mod Piesche: The ring does not work in Lootshare or Coinshare.

“Are there plans to ever make Dungeoneering more solo-friendly?”

Mod Trick: The solo XP rate is an issue that we recognise, and yes, something that we’d really love to improve.

Mod Mark: Were gathering data now to help with that change in the future. However its slow progress. The changes in this update will certainly increase the average speed of a solo dungeon and the majority of changes to boss monsters in this update were designed with the solo user in mind.

“With the new bards added, will we see these types of NPCs added to other quest series?”

Mod Mark: Possibly. We are keen to give players a summary of what has happened in the last few quests – for the pirates it made sense to do it as a shanty. We might look at other formats for other quest lines.

“Will Mortania's graphics be like those of Lumbridge Swamp when it gets round to being updated?”

Mod Mark: Actually, it will be even better!

“Now that familiars can run, are there any plans for pets to do the same?”

Mod Mark: Yes!

[/hide]

So the Ring of Wealth does the exact same thing it's always done, but now we get a message every kill telling us that it's still doing nothing. Was anyone else expecting us to only see it activate when we get, say, a Whip drop? So that we know when it actually did something? Oh yeah, only everyone in RuneScape. Let's see what other wonders this update brought on the 15th of the March of the 2011th year;

-100% Sigil drops for 1 hour

-Another failed Steel Titan fix (now it uses attacks randomly and just stares at NPCs rather than attack)

-New pointless drops to ruin skilling even more (only reason to train skills nowadays is to open effigies and doors in dungeoneering)

-New pointless skull added without mention for absolutely no reason which adds +6 magic every 7 minutes - can be used in staking regardless of rules (good fight everything used to raise mage)

-Mages can now continue casting spells if their magic level drops too low (good fight everything used to lower mage)

-Idiots who don't know how Lava Titan works got JaGeX to add another baby-toddler warning when teleporting into the wilderness

-POH trolls weren't updated but every other troll was - still waiting on dragons too (why leave it all half finished?)

So what good things came with this update? Dungeoneering fixes - that's pretty much it. So the actual reason for this update - being the Ring of Wealth, was another complete waste of programming resources. JaGeX is good company ya?

Its the same mechanic however as seen by people using it and by the original news post the big change was that extra rare drops were added and Rows affect was slightly increased and it was applied to unqiue drop tables and some other activities.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Just get rid of the ROW already, its causing alot more headaches than it is helping people. All this fuss about one ring when theres hundreds of rings in RS, its just silly...

Its a simple solution.

"There are only two strategies in war. Move forward or change. The victor is the first to realise that when he cannot move forward he must change."

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

I think the coal/logs/etc. drops are fine. Gathering skills were always povery tier money makers anyway. It's like complaining if chickens no longer dropped bones. Not that I like the fact that gathering skills are such bad money, because that's just the way the game works. You can't "put a nail in someone's coffin" if they're already six feet under.

The 1 hour of rare drop madness honestly won't have much of an impact on the long term prices of these items. Only a small number of people benefitted from this, and banning them for bug abuse would be absolutely unjust. They heard about a ring of wealth update, and wanted to test it out at a boss monster, it's not their fault. Rollbacks are never good, as they affect everyone when ony 0.01% of the affected players were "in the wrong" (if you could even call it that).

As for the skull, I honestly have no clue what the deal with it is... Magic potions would be much more effective, as you can use them more often than 7 minutes. They didn't even announce its release. I honestly think they didn't mean to release it yet.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

The ROW got a teleport to the GE and Miscellania, which is far from useless.

Also the mages will continue casting spells with lower mage thing was explained on the other thread. Something about not losing autocast. Main thing is that you still can't cast ice barrage at 94- mage.

Staurolite.png

Guys, read it more closely. Ring of Wealth has the potential to be VERY useful.

1) Monsters have a normal drop table and a rare drop table. One of the possibilities from the normal drop table is the drop an item from the rare drop table instead.

2) Items on the rare drop table tend to be shared by many monsters. Not every monster can drop every item on the rare table, but many monsters can drop a good portion of this table. AKA, you can see Nex drop 67 Nature runes and a Rune Battleaxe, both of which are "rare" drops. You can see the same drops from an Abyssal Demon, but NOT a Gorak.

3) Whenever the Ring of Wealth influences the drop table, it'll shine brightly to let you know.

4) The rare drop table has been "improved" (debatable, honestly).

5) The Ring of Wealth shines brightly on EVERY KILL for many slayer monsters, and bosses.

6) It is specifically stated to apply to Sigil drop rates.

In case this hasn't made it clear, Ring of Wealth has a VERY different effect now. Not only does it influence the rare drop table, but it ALSO influences the normal drop table for certain monsters that have good drops that aren't rare. Wearing the Ring of Wealth should be improving your drop rate for Abyssal whips, Dragon boots, Granite mauls, Torva platebodies, Dragon hatchets, etc.

Just get rid of the ROW already, its causing alot more headaches than it is helping people. All this fuss about one ring when theres hundreds of rings in RS, its just silly...

Its a simple solution.

One ring to rule them all, one ring to rage them. Riot W66 wilderness volcano to cast The Precious into the flames of hell!

I don't understand why the ring is that big of a deal. Either you wear it or you don't. If you don't, then don't complain about not getting drops as often.

And now there's 200+ rings in runescape?

Trollbomber.png

Imo those teleports are another low level update. I actually completely forgot that Varrock elite diary is (apparently) high leveled. I thought Fairy Ring already teleported to Miscellania though.

My biggest beef is the crap with the randomly added for-no-reason skull. As if Seercull wasn't worthless enough already. Anything else is rendered useless too but I wonder if they even know Seercull exists anymore. I mean, those programmers must have quit from JaGeX long ago (who can blame them? I would leave JaGeX the first day I met them)

Imo those teleports are another low level update. I actually completely forgot that Varrock elite diary is (apparently) high leveled. I thought Fairy Ring already teleported to Miscellania though.

My biggest beef is the crap with the randomly added for-no-reason skull. As if Seercull wasn't worthless enough already. Anything else is rendered useless too but I wonder if they even know Seercull exists anymore. I mean, those programmers must have quit from JaGeX long ago (who can blame them? I would leave JaGeX the first day I met them)

Funny thing is, Seercull is SO worthless it doesn't even CS. A [bleep]ing dragon dagger p++ drop from K'riil is CS'd, but not a Seercull. :mellow:

td2sig.jpg

Funny thing is, Seercull is SO worthless it doesn't even CS. A [bleep]ing dragon dagger p++ drop from K'riil is CS'd, but not a Seercull. :mellow:

lold :lol:

-100% Sigil drops for 1 hour

Next week it will be forgotten.

-Another failed Steel Titan fix (now it uses attacks randomly and just stares at NPCs rather than attack)

Didn't see this in the news, and I can't use a Steel Titan like the majority, so I don't really care about this. More info on this would be nice.

-New pointless drops to ruin skilling even more (only reason to train skills nowadays is to open effigies and doors in dungeoneering)

Some people love skilling. Some people hate skilling. Spreading the ressources over 2 different ways of gathering is fine with me.

-New pointless skull added without mention for absolutely no reason which adds +6 magic every 7 minutes - can be used in staking regardless of rules (good fight everything used to raise mage)

Who wouldn't want a free +6 magic boost every minute? Not everybody has a Wolpertinger, and it can be used where familiars are not allowed, but I have to agree that being able to use in stakes is stupid.

-Mages can now continue casting spells if their magic level drops too low (good fight everything used to lower mage)

They were already casting it, it's not like someone could just start barraging after getting their mage level reduced. But I guess in some situations this could be unfair.

-Idiots who don't know how Lava Titan works got JaGeX to add another baby-toddler warning when teleporting into the wilderness

Some people abused it and a warning won't kill you.

-POH trolls weren't updated but every other troll was - still waiting on dragons too (why leave it all half finished?)

What?

ib7rVm.png

It's always the elitest complaining about updates which helps the little people.

You want another batch of dungeoneering rewards or something? Jesus....

Yes please. DG rewards currently stop at level 90 (and in all practicality, level 80), which is not even halfway to level 99, much less 120. So yea, I'd like to see some rewards past level 100 DG.

td2sig.jpg

As cynical as I normally am about Jagex's ability to create updates that improve the game, I never have to force the cynicism. But I have to ask: has there actually been an update that Lep hasn't ranted about to the point where he implies Jagex punts newborn puppies down the sidewalk as they stroll to the ATM machine to cash in your stolen wallet and credit cards? What aspect of this game do you enjoy, or at least tolerate, Lep?

Its a simple solution.

Actually, there are very few rings worth using in RS. Seers, Berserker, Archer, Explorer(for farming tele) and ferocious.

Not counting (i) rings.

crossed_body.png

I think the coal/logs/etc. drops are fine. Gathering skills were always povery tier money makers anyway.

Clearly the way to fix this is to give monster hunters raw material drops instead of increasing the rate at which you get raw material!

yes.png

As cynical as I normally am about Jagex's ability to create updates that improve the game, I never have to force the cynicism. But I have to ask: has there actually been an update that Lep hasn't ranted about to the point where he implies Jagex punts newborn puppies down the sidewalk as they stroll to the ATM machine to cash in your stolen wallet and credit cards? What aspect of this game do you enjoy, or at least tolerate, Lep?

That post didn't really make much sense to me, but the only part of RuneScape I enjoy(ed)? That would be POHs - it's the only piece of content where it's unique for each individual, besides Conquest which I used to do a lot until people stopped doing it. However, I used past tenths "enjoyed" because despite it's moronic glitches and horrible programming which I've tolerated, it's graphics fall behind with every update, updates to POHs are half-assed (Menagerie - can hold pets but with PVP mode on no one can see the pets) and spamming people to join your house gets really lame after a while - it's amazing JaGeX has never implemented some sort of board with current open houses or something. But actually, it's not amazing since it's JaGeX. That would be a useful update - they aren't very fond of those. :unsure:

The glitchy steel titan really pisses me off. It's very odd now. It used to be all weird in PVP, now it's weird where it's actually useful. <_<

since when was steel titan not "actually useful" in PvP

The only way to use it in PVP before was to call it. Now you can make it attack whoever you want. But yeah, at TDS it sucks balls now.

The glitchy steel titan really pisses me off. It's very odd now. It used to be all weird in PVP, now it's weird where it's actually useful. <_<

since when was steel titan not "actually useful" in PvP

And adding to what Lep said, steel titan isn't that great in PVP. You get the extra defense, yes, but otherwise it misses a lot on full Bandos/barrows. I would take a yak, wolper, or unicorn over it.

But yes, I noticed how it attacks randomly now, too. It's so weird. Trippin' me out, man.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.