*~Coping With Runescape-Addiction~*

Amy

well i got 2 comments

ive done so much homework while cutting magics before i even read this figured that one out long time ago. (30 minutes before off to school...OMG I forgot this assigment...log in to rs...ok now...what is the meaning of life...42.

secondly, lol, social life...i just got all my friends to play rs lol, simple enough.

*Southern Accent* "Ya really need to stop throwing stuuuuuff" *Southern Accent*

gonegaming12.png

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a tip

DONT PLAY RUNESCPE AT ALL AT SCHOOL K?

:lol:

btw my mom dont call me honey ... ^^

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

If you have a girlfriend/boyfriend, make them your #1 priority. Don't let Runescape ruin a good relationship. Remember that it's just a game, and even if you don't think so, if you break up over it, you will STRONGLY regret it in the long run. If you have to, balance out your time with her/him with your time on the game, and set times aside where you'll do one or the other, for it will really help keep your relationship together, instead of drifting apart like so many people unfortunately do.

*~Amy~*

And do not let your Girlfriend\Boyfriend find out about Runescape..my Gf got addicted to the damn game [shes lvl 9..Whoa Buddy] and she complains and moans when I tell her I wont spend 10 hours a day on HER account...Pfft it gets annyoing..watch out peoples, lol

I enjoyed reading i though...good job

IrreIephant.png

|Msg me me in-game | IrreIephant|

^ capital i

Nice guide, in these holidays i fund my self staying up till 5 am then waking up at 4pm the next day :z

I'm gonna have to get used to going to bed before 3 soon... waaahh school. I can't work effectively with music either, I feel your pain.

sanday79.png

newsig.png

newbankofrsyq0.gif

Sigh......Believe me I know what your talking about I am lvl 98 I retired in March 05 and Gave everything away (approx 80 mil) and what da ya know I am BACK.....and miss my money lol. But hey gives me a chance to have fun earning it back....slowly....But Hey thats what i get for quiting.

bunnysig110.png

mahlachi.png

mahlachi.png

Thank You Jagex, The New Bank system Is here!

Well written, and courageous intent. I don't have the problem with playing but during my last year at school my exam study time came under heavy fire. The only thing i can say is, you can get your Comabt up anytime, but theres only once that you can take your GCSE's (last mandatory exams in the UK).

manipofsarahs1gg5.png

it was funny just to read it, it was well written, had some very good points and advices

myself i dont do homework at home, i do it at school in the freequarter (it should be called schoolwork :) ) and im much more consentrated when i got music on my ears...

ashmsig1uq.png

overseerlp5.png

R.I.P. Shiva and Steve

Luckily i only play around 1-2 hours, unless im ill :D

Nice guide, will help people a lot. I like the idea of studying while doing fishing or something. Ill give it a try

But you shouldn't encourage afking

Retired from Runescape and the OoC.

THE_Selbbub.jpeg

Luckily i only play around 1-2 hours, unless im ill :D

Nice guide, will help people a lot. I like the idea of studying while doing fishing or something. Ill give it a try

But you shouldn't encourage afking

Is afking against the rules or something? If so please lemme know so I can remove it, i dont want to encourage any rule breaking here, was just an idea i thought of :P

AFK bears resemblance to auto-ing.. Here how a mod would check.. he / she juz follow the charactor around and speaks to the suspect autoer... giving like 10 to 15sec to respond to the mod's question.. if there is no response, the mod proceed to request charactor ban from jagex..

*i saw a player mod doing this while in a mining guild..*

I wouldn't suggest afk for fish and wc.. i doubt anibody can concentrate on his / her school work with rs on.. mind might be thinking "did my rune hatchet head flew off...?" "am i being hit by a troll.. worst.. am i being questioned by moderaters for suspect autoing"

I rather leave the computer switched off while revising or reading..

Acknowledge that cold-turkey wouldn't work.. tried and tested haha.. cutting down per hr per day works.. well.. find it kinda slow.. i am gonna try leaving the computer off during weekdays and on during weekends.. hmm sounds tough but i'm gonna try it..

Nice and detail guide.. credit to u *amy*

Best of luck to all rs-quiter wannabes... :o

I wouldn't suggest afk for fish and wc.. i doubt anibody can concentrate on his / her school work with rs on.. mind might be thinking "did my rune hatchet head flew off...?" "am i being hit by a troll.. worst.. am i being questioned by moderaters for suspect autoing"

Thats why i said play on high detail, there will be sounds to indicate whether you have a random event occuring, so you dont have to concentrate on that :P

This should be stickified, and added to the tip.it page.

How dare you steal what i was going to say..

Well anyways.Very nice guide Amy,very nice.

But i dont think you should encourage AFK'ing,because even if they do play on High Detail,theres no sounds when a p-mod is talking to you.

took alot of time writing that.........but its worth it

"The death of one man is a tragedy. The death of millions is a statistic." -Joseph Stalin

cxhano2.gif

<(--=\\ CHAMILITARY MAYNE //=--)>

...your character fish on it's own while you read up on...

Unnecessary apostrophe.

0wned irl 8)

IrreIephant.png

|Msg me me in-game | IrreIephant|

^ capital i

What worked for me was doing a goal thats EXTREMLY boring. For example try and get 30 fire making levels. Do nothing but that one task, don't talk to friends, don't go to parties, do nothing. Halfway though you will have spent hours clicking on logs and you need to ask yourself: Is this really worth my time?

Also realize that someday you will quit RS and all your work will be gone. So.... why not quit sooner then later?

Finally host a party and drop everything of value so you have no incentive to come back. I even know of a guy that did just that then yelled out his password right before he logged off so there really was no turning back ;)

2003676992682512083_rs.jpg

• 3 years later...

This guide can be summed up into one thing: "Runescape will always be available to you, while life can pass you by." Whenever you have to choose between real life activities and playing Runescape think to yourself that if you choose do participate in real life you can always come back to Runescape at anytime. It doesn't work the other way around.

Zaataar.png

This guide can be summed up into one thing: "Runescape will always be available to you, while life can pass you by." Whenever you have to choose between real life activities and playing Runescape think to yourself that if you choose do participate in real life you can always come back to Runescape at anytime. It doesn't work the other way around.

Runescape isn't available to you when you're dead ;)

2Xeo5.png

superb! rs destroys my grades, but my mom says now I can't play Monday - Thursday...sadly, my grades are getting better. I hate it when dear ol' mum is right :evil:

Indie_Kids.png

"Don't push me; what's the hurry?" - Imogen Heap