Blood necklace

gremmy

Hey

Was Blood necklace updated or something? Haven't played in a while, but a few months ago everyone despited blood necklace, and now there's pictures of people binding it all over the pictures thread?

Thanks

Dragon drops: 82 (2 claws)

Dagannoth kings drops: 73

Barrows item count: 51

GWD drops: 54 (5 hilts: 1x bandos, 3x saradomin, 1x zamorak)

Whips: 4

Sigils: 1x spectral (FFA), 1x arcane (FFA)

I noticed the same thing. I think it was just people who weren't so good at dungeoneering disliking the necklace, because they feel like they need a plate. However, if you can get by without a plate (which everyone should be able to do, having gotten to 100 without one), the blood necklace is FANTASTIC for improving damage output (it's got something like a 10% DPS increase from the attack and str stats), plus it has that nifty healing effect that damages enemies even more and makes up for the lack of armor a bit.

Especially for a DPS, the necklace is a great bind. If everyone had one, GDs would go around 10% faster, just like that.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

I think that's because a few months ago there were far fewer people with 100 Dungeoneering, and therefore 3 bind slots. The blood necklace is a pretty reasonable 3rd or 4th bind, but an atrocious 2nd bind (which should be either a platebody or a shadow-silk hood, the latter being much better). I suppose it's just become much more relevant to more people nowadays.

EDIT: You only need a plate if you don't have a shadow-silk hood.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Makes sense. Thanks.

Dragon drops: 82 (2 claws)

Dagannoth kings drops: 73

Barrows item count: 51

GWD drops: 54 (5 hilts: 1x bandos, 3x saradomin, 1x zamorak)

Whips: 4

Sigils: 1x spectral (FFA), 1x arcane (FFA)

I think that's because a few months ago there were far fewer people with 100 Dungeoneering, and therefore 3 bind slots. The blood necklace is a pretty reasonable 3rd or 4th bind, but an atrocious 2nd bind (which should be either a platebody or a shadow-silk hood, the latter being much better). I suppose it's just become much more relevant to more people nowadays.

EDIT: You only need a plate if you don't have a shadow-silk hood.

I think that is the most important reason- while it's a great 3rd+ bind for around 60-80% of people(those who very rarely key), it can only be binded after getting 100 dg, and 100 dg didn't use to be as common as it is now. For dps-ers i'd say it's the best 3rd bind available, before a rapier, cele cat staff or even primal gauntlets.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Meh, you don't need a plate to key. I'd still rather have the blood necklace.

don't need but it's a legit excuse to have one. Inb4everykeyerhas2defensifebinds :ohnoes:

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Blood neck special doesn't lure mobs.

This. You'll sometimes run through rooms and hit stuff and it never aggros. You'll also run through rooms and KO level-2's on accident. :lol:

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

the blood neck is great in flesh spoiler second form.

Camp in the middle of the little guys, and you get a free salve every 10 seconds ;)

I have a blood neck bound, and so far I don't regret, I hit so many mid 400s (Prim battle axe), compared to the occasional 400 before I got it, that the extra hp got from SSing with it +the healing (while small, it IS there, and DOES help) saves more salves then the plate ever did. I honestly don't notice missing a plate all that often. Although I've learned to watch my prayers much better lately, so that also might play a small part in that.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

Considering you got the first 14 million xp without a plate, you should be used to using no plate. I know that if I get 100, I'm going to get a neck.

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

So, uh, wait. Can you say, kill a primal warrior by just standing near him with a hood and necklace? 'o.O

Not that one should actually DO that, but...

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

So, uh, wait. Can you say, kill a primal warrior by just standing near him with a hood and necklace? 'o.O

Not that one should actually DO that, but...

Indeed. It's actually a great way to kill stomp and icefiend in c1s.

dgs5.jpg

-More people at 100/120 dungeoneering

-More people realize it's useful

-Over time, more Edimmus seen and more necklaces dropped

-New bind slot coming, so people will gladly give up plate now to get it back later

2496 Completionist

-New bind slot coming, so people will gladly give up plate now to get it back later

I'm considering Primal Gaunts over Plate tbh :P

That would actually be a good idea for DPSers. You could get a celestial staff, too. I don't know which would be more helpful.

dgs5.jpg

i can't bind something other than a plate because last time i tried blood neck basically every time i got doorlag i died because i doorlag for 5 seconds and mages +3 rangers will rip me apart