House Layout

Nifflin

Okay, I'm planning on revamping my house. I was wondering what the most efficient setup or just in general what setups people have. I'm looking for something minimalistic.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

newlayout.png

Enter, go 1w for summoning, 1s for prayer, 1e for glory or 2e for teles or 2e1n for other teles.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Chapel should be by the entrance. Study should in some cases where you are using a lectern to make tablets be placed by the entrance. Rest seems good ^

My lame drops:
6 Effigys
1 D Med - 1 D Dagger
1 Verac's Helmet - 1 Guthan's Platebody

You should consider having two gardens. One a default that connects to a chapel, portal, summoning OR a chapel and 2 portals. The second garden could connect to workshop, kitchen, study. When you need to mass produce teletabs, level up construction, etc, just switch the entrance portal to the second garden.

I have something like this. My chapel connects to a quest hall with mounted glory to easily enter garden, walk into prayer room and tele to edgeville.

Enter this QYQQcQRQDRUDRYDRcJSQDSUSSYDScPTQDTUDTYDTcNUYHUcF

In this link http://www.runehq.com/guide.php?type=calculator&id=0736

That's half my house, I didn't bother with the other half because you can see what I'm going for there. The portal garden is the bottom center. There isn't really any room for a dungeon so its usually 50% despise it for that reason and the other 50% think its pretty damn cool

snipers_end.png

oDJHa.png

I'm not sure if it is minimalistic, but you have a menagerie and chapel right outside the entrance portal. The study that most people use right next to a glory. I suppose that the negative is that the portal rooms are at opposite sides of the house, and the workshop is fairly far away if you weren't using a butler. But this design works well for me. I should also note that I have a dungeon of equal size in the basement.

My house.

House.png

Useful rooms are located within 2 of the entrance portal. The house is built in 2 wings separated by the garden strip for symmetry and aesthetic purposes.

Green room = entrance portal

Yellow room = dungeon entrance

Red rooms = area for future expansion

Double portal rooms for 6 teleports

Menagerie for obelisk

Workshop for armor repair

Kitchen for boosts

Altar with glory one room over in quest hall

Double studies for both lecterns, tele tab lectern on bottom floor

View looking SE:

HouseSE.png

View looking NW:

HouseNW.png

Tact.gif

Well my house only has uhhh i think 7 Rooms.

North of portal = Chapel.

South of Portal = Glory Teleport which has a East entrance to Costume Room.

West of Portal = Menagerie which has a North and South entrace both to Partal Rooms.

East of Portal = Workshop.

Really don't need anything else. This layout is effiecient and covers all your bases. You could maybe throw in a Study to the west of the Menagerie if you do Stars, but that's about it. Ofcourse you're going to have to add 2 bedrooms to this layout which can both be places on either sides of the study (should you choose to add one) or to the west of the Menagerie (should you not add a study). None of the other rooms are really needed and they just add unneeded cost to your house.

My house.

House.png

Useful rooms are located within 2 of the entrance portal. The house is built in 2 wings separated by the garden strip for symmetry and aesthetic purposes.

Green room = entrance portal

Yellow room = dungeon entrance

Red rooms = area for future expansion

Double portal rooms for 6 teleports

Menagerie for obelisk

Workshop for armor repair

Kitchen for boosts

Altar with glory one room over in quest hall

Double studies for both lecterns, tele tab lectern on bottom floor

View looking SE:

HouseSE.png

View looking NW:

HouseNW.png

I love it , i'l probably copy the whole house :D

Edit : Is it possible to move the entrance portal garden ? I wouldn't want to clear my chapel with my gilded altar AGAIN

Nostar.png

Dagannoth Rex Drops : Zerker ring x2 / Dragon hatchet x2 / Warrior ring x3

snip

I love it , i'l probably copy the whole house :D

Edit : Is it possible to move the entrance portal garden ? I wouldn't want to clear my chapel with my gilded altar AGAIN

I forget. You can always clear the centerpiece of a garden and see if building a portal is one of the options.

Edit: I think it is possible seeing as my portal is in a formal garden instead of the default normal garden.

Tact.gif