Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Macros Uncovered!-The Article!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
99 replies to this topic

IHasChicken
[ Display Name History ]

IHasChicken

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 568 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:IHasChicken
  • RSN2:IHazChicken

What are the parents of the 17 year old thinking when he is making more money in a month than they do in a year :blink:

Sure, he's probably not paying any taxes and will be in jail in the next few years for insider trading from applying this sort of logic to the real life stock market, but yeah, he's got a MUCH better quality of life.
Posted Image

JOIN CHICKENSWEEPERS TODAY! FUN, FREE, AND IT WON'T MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU'VE JUST BEEN ATTACKED BY A PACK OF WILD DOGS, OR YOUR MONEY BACK!

CharlieBrown
[ Display Name History ]

CharlieBrown

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,740 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:CharlieBrown

I would also like to know this but I squeezed as much information from the developers as I could. This also being another point. Please show me where all of you have talked to the devs of this bot.

Considering you didnt' actually tell us what bot you use, uh, investigated, it's a bit hard for us to talk to that specific developer, no?

Main Account - Max cape achieved 10th September 2011
Noob Account - 2300 total and climbing 

6CCmn.jpg

IHasChicken
[ Display Name History ]

IHasChicken

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 568 posts

And once again, people in this forum prove to be jerks...

Some opinions are best kept to yourself. And this applies both to the OP and the people who replied.

@Article: I actually didn't know one could profit that much with bots. Probably explains why so many people are still running bot sites.

And, by the same vein, your opinion of calling people on this forum jerks should be kept to YOURSELF.

Please follow your own lessons.
Posted Image

JOIN CHICKENSWEEPERS TODAY! FUN, FREE, AND IT WON'T MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU'VE JUST BEEN ATTACKED BY A PACK OF WILD DOGS, OR YOUR MONEY BACK!

Youmu
[ Display Name History ]

Youmu

Retired Website Crew

• Members
  • 4,622 posts

And, by the same vein, your opinion of calling people on this forum jerks should be kept to YOURSELF.

You could at least read the article. <_<

@Blind: I don't think we're supposed to mention what bots people use on here...

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Pinkbullet3
[ Display Name History ]

Pinkbullet3

Bite Me!

• Members
  • 3,878 posts
MISFORTUNE, SINCE THIS THREAD HAS TANKED, PLEASE WRITE A NEW ARTICLE AND REPLACE THIS ONE WITH THAT ONE.

TALK ABOUT THE MACROS'/MACRO DEVELOPERS' EFFECT ON THE RS ECONOMY (or on the U.S. economy if you can do that). PLEASE INCLUDE SOURCES.

Please and thank you,

Pinkbullet3

P.S. -- Please do this so others do not flame you anymore for this article, as sitting here and reading these "criticisms" is useless.
Posted Image
^ Blog.

Posted Image

Bladewing
[ Display Name History ]

Bladewing

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,072 posts
  • RSN:Stringcheze

And once again, people in this forum prove to be jerks...

Some opinions are best kept to yourself. And this applies both to the OP and the people who replied.

@Article: I actually didn't know one could profit that much with bots. Probably explains why so many people are still running bot sites.

the only opinions that you should expect people to keep to themselves are those opinions that violate the forum rules.

getting mad over other's opinions is preeeeeetty dumb.

Misfortune
[ Display Name History ]

Misfortune

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 58 posts
  • RSN:Blitz em out

I would also like to know this but I squeezed as much information from the developers as I could. This also being another point. Please show me where all of you have talked to the devs of this bot.

Considering you didnt' actually tell us what bot you use, uh, investigated, it's a bit hard for us to talk to that specific developer, no?

I consider it pretty funny that just because I did a little research on the topic of botting you think I use them? Look at my stats, I have had my account since 2005, do not think I would have those stats if I used bots. Also I would release the names but it does not comply with Jagex or Tip.it rules.

Youmu
[ Display Name History ]

Youmu

Retired Website Crew

• Members
  • 4,622 posts

MISFORTUNE, SINCE THIS THREAD HAS TANKED, PLEASE WRITE A NEW ARTICLE AND REPLACE THIS ONE WITH THAT ONE.

TALK ABOUT THE MACROS'/MACRO DEVELOPERS' EFFECT ON THE RS ECONOMY (or on the U.S. economy if you can do that). PLEASE INCLUDE SOURCES.

Please and thank you,

Pinkbullet3

P.S. -- Please do this so others do not flame you anymore for this article, as sitting here and reading these "criticisms" is useless.

That would actually be a really interesting topic to write about. I approve of this comment.

Misfortune, write about botting and the effect on world economy :D

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

IHasChicken
[ Display Name History ]

IHasChicken

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 568 posts

You could at least read the article. <_<

@Blind: I don't think we're supposed to mention what bots people use on here...

Did I ever say I didn't read it?

The reason I'm so vocal about it is because I feel like I wasted my time by READING it, because all it is is a few simple sums and the point that people use bots to make real life money.

Which took like eight paragraphs to write.
Posted Image

DUELMASTER30
[ Display Name History ]

DUELMASTER30

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 496 posts
  • RSN:Duelmaster30
  • Clan:LK, TSG
Just to say one thing, Macros =/= Bots. Macros are combinations of keys, such as mapping one key on a keyboard to press multiple keys at once. A Bot in Runescape actively plays the game and reacts to it in real time, while a macro does not.

99s

s2k10n.png

Even if it's a dumb story, telling it changes other people just the slightest little bit, just as living the story changes me. An infinitesimal change. And that infinitesimal change ripples outward-ever smaller but everlasting. I will get forgotten, but the stories will last. And so we all matter-maybe less than a lot, but always more than none.

-John Green (An Abundance of Katherines)

Youmu
[ Display Name History ]

Youmu

Retired Website Crew

• Members
  • 4,622 posts

The reason I'm so vocal about it is because I feel like I wasted my time by READING it, because all it is is a few simple sums and the point that people use bots to make real life money.

Still, making way more money than most jobs by starting a macro company is pretty shocking. Especially if it's $500,000. :blink:

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Misfortune
[ Display Name History ]

Misfortune

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 58 posts
A bot is technically the same thing just using java instead of mouse keys. I was using Jagex terms.

IHasChicken
[ Display Name History ]

IHasChicken

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 568 posts

Still, making way more money than most jobs by starting a macro company is pretty shocking. Especially if it's $500,000. :blink:

Which isn't even a true number anyway, this does not take anything else into account other than revenue, it doesn't take into account the oppourtunity cost of the time it took to write the program, it doesn't take into account people who defect on their payments, it doesn't take into account any income tax at all, nor the potential losses if this person were to be sued or shut down, or hell, even dragged into jail for tax evasion.

It's just a simple sum designed to get some shock value, when it's REALLY not accurate.
Posted Image

Misfortune
[ Display Name History ]

Misfortune

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 58 posts

After talking to another dev I found out more information(this was written 2 days after I joined). That specific bot is currently run by two people making $238,000 a year on average and increasing each month.

Misfortune
[ Display Name History ]

Misfortune

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 58 posts

Which isn't even a true number anyway, this does not take anything else into account other than revenue, it doesn't take into account the oppourtunity cost of the time it took to write the program, it doesn't take into account people who defect on their payments, it doesn't take into account any income tax at all, nor the potential losses if this person were to be sued or shut down, or hell, even dragged into jail for tax evasion.

It's just a simple sum designed to get some shock value, when it's REALLY not accurate.

Ah once again my research has countered this. The current bot was a source that started from previously shut down bots that took around 2 months to update and get in working condition. They new number I posted in my last post is including all taxes. Also according to the history of previous websites, Jagex gives them an opportunity to shut down BEFORE they take them to court and sue.

THEREFORE, my information is correct.

IHasChicken
[ Display Name History ]

IHasChicken

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 568 posts

After talking to another dev I found out more information(this was written 2 days after I joined). That specific bot is currently run by two people making $238,000 a year on average and increasing each month.

If you choose to believe people who's key business is deception and lying basically, then sure, that figure is 100% accurate.

It's not like they'd be grandstanding to make them look like a big shot :shock:
Posted Image

Leyenda
[ Display Name History ]

Leyenda

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 259 posts
  • RSN:Szeryng
too bad the comments are more entertaining than the topic is
All skills 70+

Trails: 2 x Rune platebody (g)
Barrows: 1 x Dharok's legs
Drops: 1 x Dragon skirt | 1 x Dragon defender

Misfortune
[ Display Name History ]

Misfortune

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 58 posts

If you choose to believe people who's key business is deception and lying basically, then sure, that figure is 100% accurate.

It's not like they'd be grandstanding to make them look like a big shot :shock:

I 100% believe them as my estimations based on users and botting programs sold(publicized information) match this almost exactly.

IHasChicken
[ Display Name History ]

IHasChicken

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 568 posts

guys i want some feedback on my idea for a new discussion topic before i post it:

people use bots cuz they r lazy and one bot developer makes 500K a year

discuss

wat do u think

Sounds like a tip.it times article babe

I think Jagex should make an in-game statue of Blade in the middle of Varrock with this engraved on the plaque on it.

It's pure literary genius.
Posted Image

Pinkbullet3
[ Display Name History ]

Pinkbullet3

Bite Me!

• Members
  • 3,878 posts
Do macro purchasers get their money back if their macro doesn't work and the developers have a hard time updating it? Surely they sign some liability agreement.
Posted Image
^ Blog.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users