Macros Uncovered!-The Article!

Misfortune

And once again, people in this forum prove to be jerks...

Some opinions are best kept to yourself. And this applies both to the OP and the people who replied.

@Article: I actually didn't know one could profit that much with bots. Probably explains why so many people are still running bot sites.

the only opinions that you should expect people to keep to themselves are those opinions that violate the forum rules.

getting mad over other's opinions is preeeeeetty dumb.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would also like to know this but I squeezed as much information from the developers as I could. This also being another point. Please show me where all of you have talked to the devs of this bot.

Considering you didnt' actually tell us what bot you use, uh, investigated, it's a bit hard for us to talk to that specific developer, no?

I consider it pretty funny that just because I did a little research on the topic of botting you think I use them? Look at my stats, I have had my account since 2005, do not think I would have those stats if I used bots. Also I would release the names but it does not comply with Jagex or Tip.it rules.

blitz_em_out.png

MISFORTUNE, SINCE THIS THREAD HAS TANKED, PLEASE WRITE A NEW ARTICLE AND REPLACE THIS ONE WITH THAT ONE.

TALK ABOUT THE MACROS'/MACRO DEVELOPERS' EFFECT ON THE RS ECONOMY (or on the U.S. economy if you can do that). PLEASE INCLUDE SOURCES.

Please and thank you,

Pinkbullet3

P.S. -- Please do this so others do not flame you anymore for this article, as sitting here and reading these "criticisms" is useless.

That would actually be a really interesting topic to write about. I approve of this comment.

Misfortune, write about botting and the effect on world economy :D

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

And, by the same vein, your opinion of calling people on this forum jerks should be kept to YOURSELF.

Please follow your own lessons.

You could at least read the article. <_<

@Blind: I don't think we're supposed to mention what bots people use on here...

Did I ever say I didn't read it?

The reason I'm so vocal about it is because I feel like I wasted my time by READING it, because all it is is a few simple sums and the point that people use bots to make real life money.

Which took like eight paragraphs to write.

dungensweapers.png

JOIN CHICKENSWEEPERS TODAY! FUN, FREE, AND IT WON'T MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU'VE JUST BEEN ATTACKED BY A PACK OF WILD DOGS, OR YOUR MONEY BACK!

Just to say one thing, Macros =/= Bots. Macros are combinations of keys, such as mapping one key on a keyboard to press multiple keys at once. A Bot in Runescape actively plays the game and reacts to it in real time, while a macro does not.

[hide=99s]47,297th to 99 Attack, 12/10/08
47,898th to 99 Hitpoints, 3/29/09
78,286th to 99 Strength, 4/5/09
36,125th to 99 Range, 6/7/09, 12:30 in the morning.
70,280th to 99 Defence, 4/16/10
67,781st to 99 Magic, 8/13/10
Somethingth to 99 Slayer on some day during the Summer (I forgot to write it down)
169,099th to 99 Cooking , 4/9/11
Idk what to 99 fm at some point
Idk what to 99 prayer on 1/28/2012

?? 99 thieving 12/30/2015

?? 99 herblore 1/2/2016, ?? 99 dungeoneering 9/5/2016[/hide]

s2k10n.png

Even if it's a dumb story, telling it changes other people just the slightest little bit, just as living the story changes me. An infinitesimal change. And that infinitesimal change ripples outward-ever smaller but everlasting. I will get forgotten, but the stories will last. And so we all matter-maybe less than a lot, but always more than none.

-John Green (An Abundance of Katherines)

The reason I'm so vocal about it is because I feel like I wasted my time by READING it, because all it is is a few simple sums and the point that people use bots to make real life money.

Still, making way more money than most jobs by starting a macro company is pretty shocking. Especially if it's $500,000. :blink:

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Still, making way more money than most jobs by starting a macro company is pretty shocking. Especially if it's $500,000. :blink:

Which isn't even a true number anyway, this does not take anything else into account other than revenue, it doesn't take into account the oppourtunity cost of the time it took to write the program, it doesn't take into account people who defect on their payments, it doesn't take into account any income tax at all, nor the potential losses if this person were to be sued or shut down, or hell, even dragged into jail for tax evasion.

It's just a simple sum designed to get some shock value, when it's REALLY not accurate.

dungensweapers.png

JOIN CHICKENSWEEPERS TODAY! FUN, FREE, AND IT WON'T MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU'VE JUST BEEN ATTACKED BY A PACK OF WILD DOGS, OR YOUR MONEY BACK!

After talking to another dev I found out more information(this was written 2 days after I joined). That specific bot is currently run by two people making $238,000 a year on average and increasing each month.

blitz_em_out.png

Which isn't even a true number anyway, this does not take anything else into account other than revenue, it doesn't take into account the oppourtunity cost of the time it took to write the program, it doesn't take into account people who defect on their payments, it doesn't take into account any income tax at all, nor the potential losses if this person were to be sued or shut down, or hell, even dragged into jail for tax evasion.

It's just a simple sum designed to get some shock value, when it's REALLY not accurate.

Ah once again my research has countered this. The current bot was a source that started from previously shut down bots that took around 2 months to update and get in working condition. They new number I posted in my last post is including all taxes. Also according to the history of previous websites, Jagex gives them an opportunity to shut down BEFORE they take them to court and sue.

THEREFORE, my information is correct.

blitz_em_out.png

After talking to another dev I found out more information(this was written 2 days after I joined). That specific bot is currently run by two people making $238,000 a year on average and increasing each month.

If you choose to believe people who's key business is deception and lying basically, then sure, that figure is 100% accurate.

It's not like they'd be grandstanding to make them look like a big shot :shock:

dungensweapers.png

If you choose to believe people who's key business is deception and lying basically, then sure, that figure is 100% accurate.

It's not like they'd be grandstanding to make them look like a big shot :shock:

I 100% believe them as my estimations based on users and botting programs sold(publicized information) match this almost exactly.

blitz_em_out.png

guys i want some feedback on my idea for a new discussion topic before i post it:

people use bots cuz they r lazy and one bot developer makes 500K a year

discuss

wat do u think

Sounds like a tip.it times article babe

I think Jagex should make an in-game statue of Blade in the middle of Varrock with this engraved on the plaque on it.

It's pure literary genius.

dungensweapers.png

Still find it highly inconsistent that ONE PERSON will get ALL the money for 60000 botting accounts, and there's absolutely no catches whatsoever.

dungensweapers.png

Do macro purchasers get their money back if their macro doesn't work and the developers have a hard time updating it? Surely they sign some liability agreement.

I read through the terms and what not and if they can not update there is no refund or any type of reimbursement given to the purchasers.

blitz_em_out.png

Do macro purchasers get their money back if their macro doesn't work and the developers have a hard time updating it? Surely they sign some liability agreement.

Short answer to that is no.

When you purchase a bot, you generally download the botting client, and what you're actually purchasing is the auth code to allow the client to run a specific bot. After jagex does an update, they release an update for the bot client which updates all of their bots

inb4 you bot because you know this information

Main Account - Max cape achieved 10th September 2011
Noob Account - 2300 total and climbing 

6CCmn.jpg

I read through the terms and what not and if they can not update there is no refund or any type of reimbursement given to the purchasers.

Which is a breach of the Fair Trade practice and is another thing illegal about bots.

dungensweapers.png

Reads like a sensationalist article with absolutely no depth whatsoever. It'd be below a third-rate text advertisement. Even those have standards.

Cite your sources.

Include more detail.

Bring things to a conclusion instead of merely laying things out. What are you getting at? The ideas presented - what there is of 'em - aren't laid out well. You give hints of things only to jerk the reader's attention elsewhere.

As it is, this draft brings nothing new to the table by reciting common knowledge and would hardly be tip.it article worthy. Granted, there are articles that shouldn't have made the cut in previous Times but this is painfully more so if it were published in the Times. I repeat, there's hardly any depth to this piece. Research is mentioned but little of its details are given out.

Kindly go back to the drawing board and redo this.

Prepare to Die! Path of Exile RPG

1emk2e.png

"Think where man's glory most begins and ends, and say my glory was I had such friends." Yeats

I found it a dull read and it seems to me that you are trying a bit too hard to get noticed on tip.it. I enjoy reading stuff like this even though it didn't teach me anything new. Macroing will forever be a hot topic but its just that far too many people are tired of hearing about it and you didn't really bring anything to the table here. The $500,000 USD estimate actually excited me about the java course i signed up for today :thumbsup: all jokes and uncertainty of actual sum aside, how many people on this forum would turn down even 100k a year if they knew how to write these scripts and clients? (to my knowledge scripting is considered one of the most advanced applications of the language)

edit: the flaming is out of control and i actually feel out of place for putting legitimate thought into my comment. feel free to ignore my post in the raging flame war.

edit edit: 99 hunting and fishing aren't exactly proving the fact that you don't bot

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

Reads like a sensationalist article with absolutely no depth whatsoever. It'd be below a third-rate text advertisement. Even those have standards.

Cite your sources.

Include more detail.

Bring things to a conclusion instead of merely laying things out. What are you getting at? The ideas presented - what there is of 'em - aren't laid out well. You give hints of things only to jerk the reader's attention elsewhere.

As it is, this draft brings nothing new to the table by reciting common knowledge and would hardly be tip.it article worthy. Granted, there are articles that shouldn't have made the cut in previous Times but this is painfully more so if it were published in the Times. I repeat, there's hardly any depth to this piece. Research is mentioned but little of its details are given out.

Kindly go back to the drawing board and redo this.

You forgot to mention the misinformation, but I agree with this statement.

dungensweapers.png