How could I kill mithril dragons better?

xolecon

I've been killing mithril dragons a lot as of late and want to know if anyone has any advise on how I could tweak my strategy/get new equipment to get more kills. My stats are

94 att

85 str

85 def

76 pray

79 summ, with charms for 85 banked.

My gear is:

Nezzy

Guthix stole (training herb and prayer so fury isn't really an option)

SW cape

Karils top/skirt

d boots

barrows gloves

wealth

Korasi's sword w/ d defender.

Inventory is:

1 each of super antifire, extreme attack, extreme strength.

7 prayer pots

Rest are sharks.

Tortoise filled with sharks.

I use piety and protect from melee. I get, without variance, 12 or 13 kills per trip. Does anyone have advise that doesn't involve getting a CR? I only have 56 DG and by no means have the time to get one.

Iceland is in the north Atlantic. Its capital is Reykjavik. What is the punchline of this joke?

chaotic rapier :P

Ardy cloak 3

fighter hat

glory over stole (glory has +10 stab attack, i.e. same as fury and +3 prayer instead of a +5 from fury)

also instead of piety using +15% attack will save you some money in the long run

see if you can get e enhanced excalibur, eee + restore spec pots = 400lp / invo spot

Opeious.pngopei.png

Barrows Drops:....................................................Dragon Drops:...............Other Drops:

Dharok: 2 Helms, 1 Top, 2 Legs, 4 Axes.......................2 Claws Split..................1 Bandos Tassets

Karil: 1 Coif, 1 Top, 2 Skirt, 2 Crossbows......................3 Plate legs...................4 Berserker Rings

Ahrim: 3 Hood, 2 Top, 3 Skirt, 1 Staff..........................2 Plate Skirts.................2 Warrior Rings

Verac: 1 Helm, 3 Tops, 2 Skirts, 1 Flail..........................1 Med........................1 Archer Ring

Guthan: 2 Helm, 5 Tops, 1 Skirt, 0 Spear.....................1 Shield Half.................1 Seers Ring

Torag: 2 Helms, 2 Tops, 5 Legs, 1 Hammer....................4 Hatchets..................1 Missed Divine Sigil (was at bank -,- fml)

if you have unicorn use uni, if not then get it helps big (i dont collect bones when i did mith tasks)

using uni i would of been able to kill 50+ a inv

i took like 2 shark just incase i had bad hits or if my sum spec was 0% and i needed to heal asap

and rest were p pots enough sup anti fires to last 60 minutes (if i was doing a full run = 12 doses)

used extr attk / stre drank at 117 (from 125)

rest was p pots / eee

unless i forgot something and a few empty slots

used same set up as you

except

fury

slayer helm / neitz when i camped

rapier

ardy 3/4 cloak

tenebri.png

until you get a uni, i think the biggest upgrade you could do is slayer helm (cause you mentioned you had them as task)

I don't think the OP is killing them because he's on task but rather he's just camping them.

But definitely take a glory > stole.

I still think that you should be using piety

If you have a few spare mill - drop the ROW and go for a beserker ring. The added str is probably going to help you a lot more then the added "increased chance of a rare drop"

Depending on your gear - you might want to just swap out the sharks for more prayer potions and going full prostelyte?

If you have some time, try for a fire cape but definitely use an ardy cape 3 for the stab bonus.

Between the ardy cape 3 + the glory - you should see a noticeable dps increase.

capt%20kevin.png

Thanks all, this is really helpful. I'm at waterfiends right now trying to get crims for uni. I figured that would help a bunch.

Iceland is in the north Atlantic. Its capital is Reykjavik. What is the punchline of this joke?

why do you want to camp mith drags?

Levon.png Bladewing.png

It's great you know what you're talking about rustiod. Everything you've said is 100% accurate a true.

That being said...your a [bleep]ing [bleep] douchebag, and none of your advice will ever (or should ever) be taken seriously because of it.

disregard good advice because the giver is a douche

THAT MAKES YOU A BETTER PERSON

why do you want to camp mith drags?

I have a rather pisspoor internet connection (Something about 25,000 other people on it. Public universities ftw). Anywho, that makes TD's fairly undoable. I'm right on the fringe of GWD bosses, MAYBE one kill per trip. Profit margin on that would be less than stellar. Abby demons are an option, but I get tired of them eventually. I like the pipe dream of a vissy/dfh now that whips have dropped off the table. If you can think of a different monster I might try killing, I'm open to ideas. I do my fair share of slayer tasks, but other than that, my combat right now is pretty much limited to miths and abby demons.

Edit: Huge Elton fan here. I love your name.

first all my old teachers.. now even tif.. lol

its my irl name, im not named after the song or anything, my parents just liked the name

--------------------

by your stats it looks like miths would be incredibly slow for you, although there really is nothing to camp thats good for money besides bosses frosts and greens

if you really like miths get a rapier at least it will help so much

Levon.png Bladewing.png

It's great you know what you're talking about rustiod. Everything you've said is 100% accurate a true.

That being said...your a [bleep]ing [bleep] douchebag, and none of your advice will ever (or should ever) be taken seriously because of it.

disregard good advice because the giver is a douche

THAT MAKES YOU A BETTER PERSON

Boost melee defense and pray magic instead. Works a lot better for me.

Do not do this - you have the correct approach with Karil's for camping as the melee attack from mithril dragons is the strongest.

qjDiz.png

http://www.[Caution! Jagex Rule Violation].com

Try range?

Melee only works well at the highest of levels and gear.

This is a fair point. Mage is another (slow) option.

Of course, if you have to be ranging them, chances are there's about a million better things you could be doing.

I do it about the same way you do actually, but before I had rapier I used leaf blade sword thing. It worked half decent at the time, but without uni I don't think your going to last more kills than you already are, I'm too lazy to get uni atm cause I look at the charms in my bank then go no thanks! but good luck.

wizardkh1.png

"The truth is, everyone is going to hurt you. You just got to find the ones worth suffering for."

Bob Marley