Getting up Smithing

abdussattar

Okay so my smithing lvl is 74 and I want to get it up. So do I Smith steel bars or mith? and would smelting be better or smithing? I mean, smelting in furnace & buying bars with the profit / such? and do I do steel, mith or addy? (currently I am think of smithing, not smelting, about 4M of budget)

If i got 1gp for everytime sum1 said the word "noob",I would have a full p hat set.

nahhh ill continue mis-spelling

iqrasoft.jpeg

^!click for blog!^

sigs by: woopidoo2|yaff2|4be2jue|me|guthix121

I would superheat gold until you can do addy plates.

Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo
2mqj8rr.png
Minigames: Level 5 in All Barbarian Assault Roles PM me in game or on these forums to play. Over 500 Castle Wars Games with 460+ Tickets.

Okay so my smithing lvl is 74 and I want to get it up. So do I Smith steel bars or mith? and would smelting be better or smithing? I mean, smelting in furnace & buying bars with the profit / such? and do I do steel, mith or addy? (currently I am think of smithing, not smelting, about 4M of budget)

Smelting is horribly slow.

I know smelting steel cannonballs are about 14k an hour and smelting any other bars are about the same speed.

IIRC, steel bars are the fastest exp for smelting (just because you can hold more and less running around).

capt%20kevin.png

Smelt gold ore with gaunts is pretty good as well from what iv heard..

Oggymasta.png

Current drops: 4 Shield Left Half, 3 Abyssal Whip, 2 Dragon Platelegs, 1 Dragon Plateskirt, 4 Dragon Medium Helmets, 1 Dragon Spear 1 Dark Bow

I can recommend superheating while smelting gold bars, fast and cheap smithing and magic exp, about 120k smithing exp per hour.

My lame drops:
6 Effigys
1 D Med - 1 D Dagger
1 Verac's Helmet - 1 Guthan's Platebody

I know its not popular or fast, but I did ceremonial swords from 74-81 in the time since the artisan's workshop has been out. I've used primarily used coal from mtk and bought iron and mithril as I neeed them. Another way I inadvertently got xp in many skills was while solo or duo dungeoneering with my wife, it all adds up over time. Again these aren't the fastest, cheapest, or popular methods, but can be less like grinding and actually fun or at least interesting. I know those things are over looked for efficiency lately, but ask yourself, am I playing to have fun on the way to those high levels, or just grinding them out for the sake of having them?

Axi_syn.png

axi_syn.png

axi_syn.png

axi_syn.png

axi_syn.png

Quest cape first Achieved 29JAN2009, Re-Achieved 15SEP2011, Cook cape Achieved 12APR2009 (Easter 2009)

Strength Cape Achieved 20NOV2010

Now offering assists for 97 Farming, 97 Smithing, and 97 Herblore, PM me in-game!!!

Proud U.S. Navy Sailor

Well Im non-member. anyone know how much cost occurs in superheating gold? i might try it.

but ask yourself, am I playing to have fun on the way to those high levels, or just grinding them out for the sake of having them?

lol good point :P.

Edit:- how about superheating mithril? the loss is only 2.33 gp per exp so maybe its worth it?

If i got 1gp for everytime sum1 said the word "noob",I would have a full p hat set.

iqrasoft.jpeg

^!click for blog!^

Smelting is horribly slow.

I know smelting steel cannonballs are about 14k an hour and smelting any other bars are about the same speed.

IIRC, steel bars are the fastest exp for smelting (just because you can hold more and less running around).

Smelting gold ore is not slow. It's well over 80k+ xp an hour (more like 100k+) if you are using that super heat spell on the normal spell book and the furnace at the same time.

chrisman638.png

Ok I'm more of an old school trainer and haven't deviated from my ways much, but how can you smelt gold at the furnace and use superheat item at the same time? I was under the impression that when you are doing an action such as smelt x that you couldn't do anything else or you'd interrupt the process?

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

You mustn't cast superheat as fast as possible, but if you let the animation finish it won't interrupt the smelting.

Also works with: alching in combat, woodcutting, mining, superheating, plank make, enchanting too I think. Fletching bolts, too.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Is is advisable to use nature staff?(frm dung) or fire staff?

iqrasoft.jpeg

^!click for blog!^

I did superheat gold from abot 80 to 99, not even AT the furnace, because I was lazy as [cabbage], and my best xp gains were 240k an hour, which was about 125k smith/115k magic per hour.

Easy to do if you have 2 screens, so you can watch a movie or something.

WarBlastoise.png

i would smelt gold with goldcrafting gloves if you can become a mem, otherwise idk

Durmstrang.png

Go Chicago Bears!

"Look, if you had one shot, or one opportunity

To seize everything you ever wanted-One moment

Would you capture it or just let it slip?"

make burial armor with iron ingots 1. With a budget of only 4M cash you could get over 3.2M xp since you get at least 101 xp per iron. Iron only costs 125 gp atm. Also it's really easy to afk :D