Best place to cut magic tree's?

doughnut35

Either near sorcerer's tower or near lleyta.

but that aside: Cutting mage tree sucks. They are soooooooooo slow they work out worse money and xp than yews.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Try Mage Arena near Duel Arena. There is like 6 there XD

Crybaby111.png

By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest;

Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.

- Confucius

i think the magic trees near lleyta are the best, but ye magic trees are HORRIBLE money

Durmstrang.png

Go Chicago Bears!

"Look, if you had one shot, or one opportunity

To seize everything you ever wanted-One moment

Would you capture it or just let it slip?"

Where is best to cut magic tree's?

As others have said, don't.

Higher level doesn't mean it's better.

Tainaith.png

*99 Cooking Achieved: 4th of July, 2009--99 Fishing Achieved: Christmas Day, 2009--99 Woodcutting Achieved: May 4th, 2010--99 Magic Achieved: September 11, 2010--99 Fletching Achieved: June 14th, 2012--2000 Total Achieved: July 2nd, 2012*

*1100 Dominion Bosses defeated*

Heroes of Newerth player -- IGN: SaveTehPanda

StarCraft 2 player -- IGN: plasmaJelly

Just cause people do it doesn't mean its efficient or better.

I don't have exact numbers but it works something like this:

yew is 175xp per log

Magic is 250xp per log

Yew is ~450gp per log

Magic is ~1300gp per log

You can easily cut about ~5 yew logs for every 1 mage log.

So thats in same time frame:

250xp and 1300gp for mage logs

875xp and 2250gp for yews

The winner is clear.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Like most everyone in the thread said, magic trees are horribly slow to cut down - if I were growing them in my tree patches, even I'd refuse to bother cutting them down, I'd pay and get rid of them faster >_>

Regardless, if you want to cut them down, besides the places the above have listed, you could also go the route of using a tree patch and a hydra familiar with scrolls - cut down the tree, cast the regrowth scroll on it and it automatically regrows. If you don't have access to a hydra, you could also just use the tree patch in the Gnome Stronghold, I believe it's relatively close to a yew tree or a magic tree (can't recall).

Link_Olaran.png

Like most everyone in the thread said, magic trees are horribly slow to cut down - if I were growing them in my tree patches, even I'd refuse to bother cutting them down, I'd pay and get rid of them faster >_>

Regardless, if you want to cut them down, besides the places the above have listed, you could also go the route of using a tree patch and a hydra familiar with scrolls - cut down the tree, cast the regrowth scroll on it and it automatically regrows. If you don't have access to a hydra, you could also just use the tree patch in the Gnome Stronghold, I believe it's relatively close to a yew tree or a magic tree (can't recall).

Actually, its close to both ;)

Hamstie.png

You see people cutting them for the same reason you see people slaying with godswords. People aren't always smart, in fact, quite often people are idiots.

From the looks of it though you want WC exp and money. The best way to do that would be to do ivy while farming herbs, always have a magpie familiar foraging for you and wear a rabbit foot necklace. Keep your sound on and you can afk, only swapping back to RS when you hear yourself stop chopping of when you hear a nest fall. Make sure to do your dalies. You can also do some light flipping on the side if you're into that.

Then, once you have the WC level you want go and do your best moneymaker.

Voila, WC exp and money.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.