Full Completionist Cape Requirement List (Including Trim. Reqs)

Screamra

Just wondering, why isn't all mounted heads (basilisk, abyssal demon, kbd, kq, a few others) also part of this requirement?

The heads are pretty rare drops, after all.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The rewards were completely garbage, but that didn't stop the minigame from being fun

The rewards being garbage WAS what made castlewars fun. No one played it for the rewards; no botters, no afkers..etc. And it is quite an interesting form of safe pvp.

5k cw games = cw professional cape.

so 5k cw games also unlocks a cape.

This.

To everyone who is saying "omg 5000 cw games shouldn't be a requirement", well, why the hell didn't you complain so much when they updated the Castle Wars rewards months ago? How come not nearly as big of a outcry was heard along the lines of "why is there such a high-tier reward for CW?". If you cared so much about people no-lifing CW, why rant now, months after when it was appropriate? Because this time the cape is better? That's hypocrisy, and besides there's really no sympathy if you care about something only when it affects you.

Well damnit, now that it's part of the game, you can't be a completionist of the game until you get it. Too bad, too sad.

Because it's inconsistent. Either add veteran requirements to all minigames or not add them into the cape, as simple as that. Right now, trimmed completeionist is basically for cw vets, and that is in no way fair to people who like any other minigame. 20k MA rank would be a stupid requirement, but at the same time, if added to the game, would that be OK?

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

5k cw games = cw professional cape.

so 5k cw games also unlocks a cape.

This.

To everyone who is saying "omg 5000 cw games shouldn't be a requirement", well, why the hell didn't you complain so much when they updated the Castle Wars rewards months ago? How come not nearly as big of a outcry was heard along the lines of "why is there such a high-tier reward for CW?". If you cared so much about people no-lifing CW, why rant now, months after when it was appropriate? Because this time the cape is better? That's hypocrisy, and besides there's really no sympathy if you care about something only when it affects you.

Well damnit, now that it's part of the game, you can't be a completionist of the game until you get it. Too bad, too sad.

Because it's inconsistent. Either add veteran requirements to all minigames or not add them into the cape, as simple as that. Right now, trimmed completeionist is basically for cw vets, and that is in no way fair to people who like any other minigame. 20k MA rank would be a stupid requirement, but at the same time, if added to the game, would that be OK?

20k MA rank would be a hilarious req :-)

To be honest, 5k Castle War games may seem like a lot, but if you play it in chunks it wont be so bad.

I can understand it is a bit riduculas, but I mean, if you dont want to do it then dont do it, and stop complaing, because its there, they arent going to change it now.

Also: Who thinks they should maybe make like, a mini-game cape? For those who have maxed all the mini-games or something? Maybe that would be a cool idea :)

DdzSE8e.png

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Blog

Still, am wondering why all mounted heads isn't a part of this requirement.

Probably because it would require way too many extra rooms for no purpose except to mount the extra heads.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

Yes, and it's LESS than 2000 hours of MA... Why do we have to play 2k hours of one minigame but only 2(conquest)-35(MA) hours of all the others?

Yes, and it's LESS than 2000 hours of MA... Why do we have to play 2k hours of one minigame but only 2(conquest)-35(MA) hours of all the others?

Castle Wars seems more popular then MA/Conquest.

Nothing stopping Jagex from adding higher rewards for both of those like they did with Castle Wars when they updated it.

Nothing stopping Jagex from adding higher rewards for both of those like they did with Castle Wars when they updated it.

Agreed. If they did add an MA reward at 10k points, then they probably could make it a requirement. But there isn't, so it isn't.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Do you think the completionist's cape reqs will change over time (à la quest cape)?

that would add a nice dimension to it.

Hope so. I think that's what they were planning as well, at least for the trimmed version.

They should add the things they missed as well.

Do you think the completionist's cape reqs will change over time (à la quest cape)?

that would add a nice dimension to it.

Hope so. I think that's what they were planning as well, at least for the trimmed version.

They should add the things they missed as well.

Mod Chris L mentioned that both completionist capes are "future-proof," meaning they'll act like quest capes.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Agreed. If they did add an MA reward at 10k points, then they probably could make it a requirement. But there isn't, so it isn't.

The CW requirement is VERY recent aswell so... there is nothing stopping them from adding ridiculous veteran requirements to all minigames, question is, does that make sense? The logic is, either add vet reqs to all minigames or don't add them to the comp reqs, just be consistent about it, cw is nothing special.

The CW requirement is VERY recent aswell so... there is nothing stopping them from adding ridiculous veteran requirements to all minigames, question is, does that make sense? The logic is, either add vet reqs to all minigames or don't add them to the comp reqs, just be consistent about it, cw is nothing special.

I never said there was anything stopping them. They cannot be consistent because Cw is the only activity with such high requirements. If I walk up to somebody with a trimmed completion's cape with a CW cape, I can safely say they haven't completed the game because I have something they do not. That is basically the core reason for it being made. It is an in-game item which you need to complete the game. Don't have it and you haven't completed the game. If there was a 10k MA reward, then that would also be needed to complete the game.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

I never said there was anything stopping them. They cannot be consistent because Cw is the only activity with such high requirements. If I walk up to somebody with a trimmed completion's cape with a CW cape, I can safely say they haven't completed the game because I have something they do not. That is basically the core reason for it being made. It is an in-game item which you need to complete the game. Don't have it and you haven't completed the game. If there was a 10k MA reward, then that would also be needed to complete the game.

The question really isn't if it's completing the game or not- i'm fairly sure castle wars doesn't own a partyhat set and a cracker, or many other things that many would say are needed for completing the game.

The point is, as it stands now, cw is left alone with this ridiculous requirement- going forward, does any of the people supporting 2k hour cw req also support 2k hour MA, BA and conquest requirements? I just can't see how anyone could support one but not the other. CW veteran cape was added very recently, so the other similar requirements are not completely out of the question(think among the lines of 20k MA, 1k Queen kills and 20k conquest rank).

The difference between CW and other minigame is that it is actually popular and has a lot of people at these high numbers. 240 people currently have the required number of tickets for the completionists cape. Many more are only a couple of hundred away. MA on the other hand only has 10 over 2000 score. Only 35 are over 1000. That is so different that it can barely be considered. The difference is definitely popularity and rewards. Jagex made the higher Cw rewards knowing people could attain them. I could not see them making any MA rewards above 1000 points due to the sheer lack of people who would get it.

To compare these numbers, only 437 people currently have maxed skills. Less than double that who have the CW requirement for the completionist have the requirements for a cape below it.

Using the facts and numbers, the requirements don't seem as absurd as people make out.

Lets compare it to other mini-games and see where they could be if Jagex were to make them similar. FOG would be at around 50k score, which 360 people currently have. Conquest, only 203 have above 3k score, so making it much higher than that wouldn't be the best idea. For BA, as it is split into four different categories, it is hard to get a good number of who has maxed the skills, but if we wanted to make having at least x in all of them a requirement, only 271 people have over 10k collector score which is the lowest.

Going by those numbers, 10k in all BA scores, 50k FOG score, 3k Conquest and 500 MA rank are actually the only comparable scores with the same roughly comparable number of people currently having them. They are where I would expect Jagex to add rewards if they wanted veteran rewards for each, and that is stretching it a bit. Talk of 20k MA score is absurd as it is incredibly unlikely for Jagex to ever do so.

zqXeV.jpg

does any of the people supporting 2k hour cw req also support 2k hour MA, BA and conquest requirements? I just can't see how anyone could support one but not the other. CW veteran cape was added very recently, so the other similar requirements are not completely out of the question(think among the lines of 20k MA, 1k Queen kills and 20k conquest rank).

I support that the comp cape t should require some sort of higher level MA reward if there is a higher level MA reward.

Highscore ranks don't give in-game rewards though, which is why the cape doesn't require that much time from those activities. If they release some new reward at 1k MA rank, I think it would be fair to add that to the comp cape t requirement.

Also, the Castle Wars additions (with the 5k games cape) were released the 27th of May last year. Some were able to get it when it was released, others have had plenty of time to go for the cape if they wanted to. Not that I'm saying people should have anticipated it as a potential requirement for a possible completionist cape being released, but it's been out for a while.

The question really isn't if it's completing the game or not- i'm fairly sure castle wars doesn't own a partyhat set and a cracker, or many other things that many would say are needed for completing the game.

The point is, as it stands now, cw is left alone with this ridiculous requirement- going forward, does any of the people supporting 2k hour cw req also support 2k hour MA, BA and conquest requirements? I just can't see how anyone could support one but not the other. CW veteran cape was added very recently, so the other similar requirements are not completely out of the question(think among the lines of 20k MA, 1k Queen kills and 20k conquest rank).

I still don't see how you think unlocking almost (aka only the rewards you feel like unlocking) all the rewards in the game is completing it. Almost doing something isn't completing something. It's the trimmed cape for completing everything in the game. Go buy a non-trimmed cape if you only want to complete most of the game. If you haven't unlocked everything how can you say you've completed everything in the game? Regardless of the ridiculous amount of hours and obnoxious things jagex does. I can't support a 2k hour requirement for those mini-games because there is nothing unlocked for doing that. If there was then yes, but there isn't. And I know it's probably hard for you to grasp but not everything everywhere has to be equal. You CAN do things to one thing and not do it to another. I know it's crazy but it's completely possible. And I would say it is out of the question for conquest and MA simply because of the huge failures those two mini-games became. Castlewars has proven to be one of the few mini-games that people actually enjoy and people have continued to play it for years. MA and conquest worlds became ghost towns after only a few months of their release.

By the way how is the question not if it is really completing the game or not when you're talking about whether it should be included in a cape for completing the game.

I'm willing to bet you and many other people would whine and complain if they made any sort of update like you're suggesting to BA, MA or conquest. People would call it wasted resources which seems to be the common trend around recent update topics now.

As far as i see it right now, the trimmed cape doesn't require you to complete everything in the game, so removing cw veteran req wouldn't change much.

As for the cw req itself, firstly, cw has been around longer than any other minigame and has had REALLLY high requirement rewards from the start, so that is basically the only reason people would have gone that far in the first place, so the requirement is basically artificial. If they wanted to keep things balanced they wouldn't have had rewards for 100+ hours at cw in the first place, and by doing so they've created the situation whereby MOST of the trim requirement is down to ONE minigame, and weather people like it or not, they HAVE to nolife it to get there. Where as the other minigame requirements are similar to getting 99s in skills, cw is about getting 200m, and this makes no sense to me(either have all at 99 or all at 200m, just don't make a mess of this).

As far as i see it right now, the trimmed cape doesn't require you to complete everything in the game, so removing cw veteran req wouldn't change much.

As for the cw req itself, firstly, cw has been around longer than any other minigame and has had REALLLY high requirement rewards from the start, so that is basically the only reason people would have gone that far in the first place, so the requirement is basically artificial. If they wanted to keep things balanced they wouldn't have had rewards for 100+ hours at cw in the first place, and by doing so they've created the situation whereby MOST of the trim requirement is down to ONE minigame, and weather people like it or not, they HAVE to nolife it to get there. Where as the other minigame requirements are similar to getting 99s in skills, cw is about getting 200m, and this makes no sense to me(either have all at 99 or all at 200m, just don't make a mess of this).

I hate to say it but some of that last paragraph is pure opinion.

Considering the highest reward set (and that is the set, not considering it comes as parts) was 2900 tickets for a majority of those years, yet many players went far over that requirement shows that the rewards were by far the only reason people played Castle wars for so long. This proves that the rewards did not drive the players to play, but the game itself did. Because the rewards came so slow, most people ignored them altogether when playing.

I could also say that removing other parts wouldn't change much. 4000 chompy kills? Well it's only a hat and killing some birds. 120 Dung? Well it's only some floors and extra exp. Most achievements can be seen as arbitrary when explained in certain ways, but they are there and are needed to complete the game.

zqXeV.jpg

I hate to say it but some of that last paragraph is pure opinion.

Considering the highest reward set (and that is the set, not considering it comes as parts) was 2900 tickets for a majority of those years, yet many players went far over that requirement shows that the rewards were by far the only reason people played Castle wars for so long. This proves that the rewards did not drive the players to play, but the game itself did. Because the rewards came so slow, most people ignored them altogether when playing.

I could also say that removing other parts wouldn't change much. 4000 chompy kills? Well it's only a hat and killing some birds. 120 Dung? Well it's only some floors and extra exp. Most achievements can be seen as arbitrary when explained in certain ways, but they are there and are needed to complete the game.

CW is older than other minigames, so that is much of the reasoning for it to be more popular, but at the same time, BA is very popular(and useful) too, but the requirement is a major joke(10 hours, tops). I bet there are people who have played BA for 2000 hours, so where is the BA veteran cape? Also, none of the examples you can bring out require near as much time as the CW req(120 dg is second at around 20% of that), so that is the major reasoning for it to be left out. Just because slayer is a very popular skill and alot of people love it, there should not be a reward at 200m slayer when there aren't any rewards for other skills. CW 5k games is VERY similar to there being a reward at 200m slayer.

Cw may be older than most mini-games, but it was instantly popular. It wasn't deserted like MA and Conquest are. It has never really been unpopular. It seems much more reasonable for them to create a veteran reward for a popular mini-game which people will play regardless of rewards than for ones where people play primarily for rewards.

It is hard to compare BA as it has rewards such as the penance horn which keep some people playing. I would however not be too argumentative if they made a relative item needed from BA, which has the same number of people able to use it, which is why I used the 10k in all roles mark in an earlier posts.

Slayer may be popular, but 200m slayer currently has only three people at 200m. As I said earlier, Castle wars has 240 at 5k+ games.

I am not saying the CW requirement is high, or that other minigames shouldn't have such requirements. I am saying that in terms of the number of people, it isn't much more uncommon to have than many other requirements.

zqXeV.jpg

Honestly though xpx, when has Jagex ever been consistent? :P

There are tons of different interfaces that all match each other depending on that piece of content's release date.

I would be totally fine with "veteran" level BA rewards (and thus higher requirements for the trimmed cape), but not "veteran" level MA rewards. MA is by and far the worst minigame in the history of Runescape. For it to be justifiable, they'd have to completely revamp it (and that's funny to me).

BA has a huge cult following, just like CWARS, but CWARS is definitely the bigger and more popular game (likely due to the steep learning curve of BA).

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.