Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Marijuana Legalization

• Please log in to reply
253 replies to this topic

iamsomebody1
[ Display Name History ]

iamsomebody1

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 225 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
Marijuana should obviously be legal seeing as alcohol is 100 times worse and is legal, they're making to much money to fully legalize it though.

Funny weed vids

Skip too 1:00 for the good stuff^

372nd to max total level

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,470 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired

A new thread like this pops up every 4 months because the pot heads for legalization can't remember there were other threads...

I lol'ed. But in all honesty these threads are old and annoying and break down into the same arguments.

I wrote a post on the first page on how you DO have the right to smoke and how to secure your right, that isnt a loophole in the legal system but a remedy to the legal system taking away your rights in the first place and how they get away with it. To anyone complaining about whether or not it should be legal, IT IS LEGAL, check my post and do additional research on your own.

This is my public service announcement of the day :shades:

meol
[ Display Name History ]

meol

The Alchemist

• Members
  • 5,276 posts
If you do not like a thread, ignore it, let it die and move on. Not only is spamming, trolling and putting down people stupid, unnecessary, but it keeps bumping the thread you so much detest to see.
This signature is intentionally left blank.

Danqazmlp
[ Display Name History ]

Danqazmlp

To Ass!

• Members
  • 8,492 posts
  • RSN:Danqazmlp
I'll say this once then leave this thread.

Saying alcohol, or x product is worse yet legal is not an argument for legalising something. It is an argument for banning that thing. Do not use that argument as it is pointless.
Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!
Posted Image
Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

The Observer
[ Display Name History ]

The Observer

Lead the charge

• SwiftKit Staff
  • 12,959 posts

Saying alcohol, or x product is worse yet legal is not an argument for legalising something. It is an argument for banning that thing. Do not use that argument as it is pointless.

Actually, it can be used to show an existing system that has been put in place to regulate.

j0xPu5R.png

Ginger_Warrior
[ Display Name History ]

Ginger_Warrior

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,044 posts
  • RSN '07:CN G Warrior
It is a legal precedent, which is valid logical reasoning.

"They're doing it, so should we" is another matter though. Heavy alcohol consumption is discouraged by just about every healthcare professional going--if it isn't by some, they need sacking or kicking into the 21st century--and the same would apply for marijuana. Likewise with smoking vs marijuana.

Furah
[ Display Name History ]

Furah

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,081 posts
  • RSN:Emp Midget
  • Clan:Reddit

Is "We've been using it legally for thousands of years before you made it illegal in the US in 1937, despite the AMA saying there was no evidence it is harmful." an argument for it?

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

Sam
[ Display Name History ]

Sam

we are the music makers

• Members
  • 9,508 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
But on the other hand, alcohol has been drunk for thousands of years too, and it's still legal.

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

Furah
[ Display Name History ]

Furah

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,081 posts
  • RSN:Emp Midget
  • Clan:Reddit
It too was illegal at some point. I love both alcohol and cannabis, so I'm not going to say anything about one being worse than the other.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

RSBDavid
[ Display Name History ]

RSBDavid

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,113 posts
  • RSN:Davidd
Pot is like alcohol, caffiene, and even World of Warcraft. It has its addictive components, but it can help people. Wine has been known to help prevent Heart Disease, people who are physically disabled and depressed can play WoW to communicate with the world and feel alive, and pot has it's medical effects as well. Its not the product you use, its the amount which is consumed which is harmful.

Posted Image

[Software Engineer] - [Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

3PointMan
[ Display Name History ]

3PointMan

Mr. Parkour

• Members
  • 1,729 posts
  • RSN:Paranoia

Pot is like alcohol, caffiene, and even World of Warcraft. It has its addictive components, but it can help people. Wine has been known to help prevent Heart Disease, people who are physically disabled and depressed can play WoW to communicate with the world and feel alive, and pot has it's medical effects as well. Its not the product you use, its the amount which is consumed which is harmful.

For weed to kill a human, it's ridiculous and impossible. It's like the equivalent of 60,000 blunts being lit at once in a compact car. No one has EVER died from cannabis use. Andddd there are no addictive components in it, for some users it is the state of mind.

FEARLESStag.jpg
stuff.png

what i'm doing now:

soundcloud.com/student1

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,470 posts

For weed to kill a human, it's ridiculous and impossible. It's like the equivalent of 60,000 blunts being lit at once in a compact car. No one has EVER died from cannabis use. Andddd there are no addictive components in it, for some users it is the state of mind.

No one is denying that it is safe in it of itself. The arguments against pot stem from fear of additional DUI's and deaths that are associated with stupid decisions.

Heres a comic relating to stupid decisions stoners make, that I am too lazy to draw.

Panel1:
Duude lets walk across this broken bridge *tons of signs saying do not walk on bridge, crappy wooden bridge over a massive cliff above a river*.
Panel2:
common it looks legit dont be a [kitty]. *one extremely stoned guy#1 with blood red eyes says to the other*
Panel3:
Halfway across, man this bridge is so sketch. *stoner guy#2 says with an extremely nervous look*
Panel4:
*Le bridge breaks* *stick figures falling*

I would love for an artist (or anyone with access to Microsoft paint to do this comic).

Range_This11
[ Display Name History ]

Range_This11

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,427 posts
Saying marijuana isn't addictive might be true, but it's misleading at the same time. I would say that it is highly habitual but doesn't have the withdrawal symptoms of an addictive substance.

EDIT: Ring World, your post saddens me. Marijuana does not impair you in the same way alcohol does neither in operating machinery nor making decisions. If anything, I think it would make you scared as hell to go on a rickety bridge whereas alcohol would make you fearless in that situation.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,470 posts

Saying marijuana isn't addictive might be true, but it's misleading at the same time. I would say that it is highly habitual but doesn't have the withdrawal symptoms of an addictive substance.

Neither does world of warcraft or runescape, well not physical withdrawal symptoms as heroine would have

My_Eggs
[ Display Name History ]

My_Eggs

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,514 posts

No one is denying that it is safe in it of itself. The arguments against pot stem from fear of additional DUI's and deaths that are associated with stupid decisions.

Heres a comic relating to stupid decisions stoners make, that I am too lazy to draw.

Panel1:
Duude lets walk across this broken bridge *tons of signs saying do not walk on bridge, crappy wooden bridge over a massive cliff above a river*.
Panel2:
common it looks legit dont be a [kitty]. *one extremely stoned guy#1 with blood red eyes says to the other*
Panel3:
Halfway across, man this bridge is so sketch. *stoner guy#2 says with an extremely nervous look*
Panel4:

I would love for an artist (or anyone with access to Microsoft paint to do this comic).

I've never made a stupid decision while high that has put me, or anyone around me for that matter, in any danger at all. I've been smoking for almost four years now and I've never got behind the wheel of my car high. The most stupid thing I've done while high was put the cereal box in the fridge, and the milk carton in the food pantry, but I realised my mistake as I was putting the milk on the shelf and fixed it right away. Hardly a stupid decision that could have resulted in death.
99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,470 posts

Panel1:
Panel2:
Panel3:
Panel4:

I've never made a stupid decision while high that has put me, or anyone around me for that matter, in any danger at all. I've been smoking for almost four years now and I've never got behind the wheel of my car high. The most stupid thing I've done while high was put the cereal box in the fridge, and the milk carton in the food pantry, but I realised my mistake as I was putting the milk on the shelf and fixed it right away. Hardly a stupid decision that could have resulted in death.

You didnt but plenty do. Again I am not personally against it, otherwise I wouldnt have offered help in court on the first page. I am just listing why people are against it.

My_Eggs
[ Display Name History ]

My_Eggs

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,514 posts

Panel1:
Panel2:
Panel3:
Panel4:

You didnt but plenty do. Again I am not personally against it, otherwise I wouldnt have offered help in court on the first page. I am just listing why people are against it.

Fair enough. Here's your comic btw, what with being the artist, I felt free to use some creative freedoms and err.... change it a bit.
Posted Image
99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Range_This11
[ Display Name History ]

Range_This11

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,427 posts
You forgot to add the part where they took forty five minutes to decide which flavor Doritos to pick up at the convenience store. (Even though they eventually settled on Funyuns)

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

My_Eggs
[ Display Name History ]

My_Eggs

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,514 posts

You forgot to add the part where they took forty five minutes to decide which flavor Doritos to pick up at the convenience store. (Even though they eventually settled on Funyuns)

That part was just implied by them being high. Funions is always the right choice, everyone knows that.

Sam
[ Display Name History ]

Sam

we are the music makers

• Members
  • 9,508 posts

Well, the milk could of gone bad and poisoned you :s

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users