Bots, bots, bots, and why they make me rage!

tripsis

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What really pisses me off is their lazy stance towards bots.

A had an irl friend who quit just yesterday because he got that [cabbage] "you have a macroing minor so we halve your exp herp derp"

He never botted, never broke rules, nothing.

The balance of runescape stands on the edge of a knife. Stray but a little and it will fall. what makes it harder is Jagex insists on standing on one foot.

Screenshot2011-08-18at14818PM-1.png

bots wear the ugliest ass outfits, learn to wear drag boots and glorys not accuracy ammys fools

Granite body/drag skirt gives you all away

Skirt because it's cheaper than legs and gives good defence, granite because they haven't done Dragon Slayer, and if a bot is wearing an accuracy ammy then it's just a dumb or unknowing bot owner. Doesn't matter if they're given away anyway, people don't report and Jagex doesn't perma.

Also granite plate because it is stronger than Rune

Bots completely ruined woodcutting. Can't even get a single log before the tree is chopped down.

wc somewhere else?

For any tree worth cutting for cash (lol) there are bots in every world in every spot.

PM me for fitocracy invite

Bots completely ruined woodcutting. Can't even get a single log before the tree is chopped down.

wc somewhere else?

For any tree worth cutting for cash (lol) there are bots in every world in every spot.

In f2p, yea. But in members, there are a few spots bot free, like llyeta and gnome stronghold.

99 attack-34,104th to 99 attack.

spirittrack.png

A_Spirit_God.png

OMFG @ BOTS.

WT[bleep]ING[bleep]!?!?!?!?!

I counted 9 bots here all wearing same [cabbage] bar 1 who was still a bot wearin a anti fire shield, and the one with cannon was legit player.

omfgbots.png GTFO

RS HOME PAGE: 205,202 people currently online.

how many are bots [bleep]ex?!?!?!

g_e_3_k.png

I feel this is relevant to this thread

What if you can afk a lot [30mins +] and still train a skill. Would that be considered botting? If so, then a lot of legitamate players who just afk occassionally will be banned. If not, it would be hard to tell if someone is botting or not [using a program]. This is why I think Jagex doesn't take more severe actions.

Bots are an odd topic. Without them skills such as Prayer, Construction, Herblore (pretty much all skills that require you to buy and use items), would be insanely expansive. But on the other hand, it makes skills like Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining (skills that produce items for before mention skills) less profitable. In my opinion I prefer them, but when they mess with things like my Slayer task, I get mad.

8B9SO.png

I feel this is relevant to this thread

What if you can afk a lot [30mins +] and still train a skill. Would that be considered botting? If so, then a lot of legitamate players who just afk occassionally will be banned. If not, it would be hard to tell if someone is botting or not [using a program]. This is why I think Jagex doesn't take more severe actions.

You can't AFK anything 30+ minutes except maybe Bandits. It's not botting.

Jagex doesn't take severe action (permabans) because they don't want to lose a paying player. This has been established...

OMFG @ BOTS.

WT[bleep]ING[bleep]!?!?!?!?!

I counted 9 bots here all wearing same [cabbage] bar 1 who was still a bot wearin a anti fire shield, and the one with cannon was legit player.

omfgbots.png GTFO

RS HOME PAGE: 205,202 people currently online.

how many are bots [bleep]ex?!?!?!

I'll see your 9 bots and raise you 3 more good sir!!

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/827/runescapebots.png/

Tubby_Mc_Fee.png

• 2 weeks later...

Took me weeks and weeks to finally reach L85 dungeoneering. To me it's the most terrible skill ever and I solo'ed all of it. I know it's not the best way to gain XP but since 90% of RS population are botters and selfish kids I prefer playing solo.

Anyways, I reached 85 dung and geared up with my precious rapier, cannon etc to go own some Frost Dragons. I enter there and it's just PACKED with cannons and dragon armor nubs...

I was like 'WTF' and started spam talking to some of them. NOBODY talked back. I mean over 15-20 people I was chasing and asking questions and they just kept doing the same stuff over and over again...

I'm starting to hate this game and the mentality of Jagex who prefer hard cash over the joy of their loyal gamers. I'm seriously considering to quit this game till the day Jagex comes up with a solution.

I read they were gonna take legal actions against all companies selling bots/scripts etc AND against all bot users... ROFLOL, so they can't detect botters in-game and now they're gonna stop them in real life???? :thumbdown:

GF JAGEX

2016 goals: all skills +30mil xp - Completed this goal 11th December 2016 smile.gif
2017 goals: get at least 3 more master capes (start xp: invention done@21st Jan, mining done@2nd April & ranged 76/104mil done@June 20th) & all skills +40mil xp (done 24th August)

Well isn't that just sad? This isn't the service I've been paying for the past years. Ever since they brought back free trade the game has gone downhill so fast it makes me dizzy...

If they only care about profit there won't be many legit highlevel players left willing to swallow these nonsense day after day. I spend at least 2-3 hours a day on RS.

I considered playing this game being a hobby, but when I look at my friendslist and the old friends who've quit the game or who took a break I'm starting to think I should do the same.

Just park my account and check back in a year from now what's changed...

Atm it's simply impossible to decently train a skill: I wanted to get hunter up to L93 but there were 3 (!) bots boxtrapping red chins... Couldn't even remember what my boxes were since they literally packed all the spots...

Slayering Nechs? 4-5 highlevel bots farming them at tower. Nobody talked, nor complained when I halfkilled them and ran to another. *sighs*

I don't think it's normal the legit players have to keep hopping worlds to find a less botted spot so we can finally get a fraction of the XP they grind day after day after day...

2016 goals: all skills +30mil xp - Completed this goal 11th December 2016 smile.gif
2017 goals: get at least 3 more master capes (start xp: invention done@21st Jan, mining done@2nd April & ranged 76/104mil done@June 20th) & all skills +40mil xp (done 24th August)

You loved bots? How can someone love bots? They ruin the game for every skiller who wants to do stuff their own way. I personally never buy XP. I enjoy my skillcapes most by earning every single XP of them.

Are you nuts? That is a bad thing. The bots are hurting the economy. You are at the botters level if you think it's a good thing to give yourself unfair benefit.

Amonitas.png

Quest cape since 11th July 99 Farming 4th February 99 Cooking 31st August

Are you nuts? That is a bad thing. The bots are hurting the economy. You are at the botters level if you think it's a good thing to give yourself unfair benefit.

It's not an unfair benefit if everyone gets it.

I was at Turoths the other day and there were so many bots it wasnt funny, but they all had the same armour (granite body, dragon platelegs, etc) really wish i got a picture

Do you think there is a bot clan out there?

Mr. Charming, Someone You Can Trust

I was at Turoths the other day and there were so many bots it wasnt funny, but they all had the same armour (granite body, dragon platelegs, etc) really wish i got a picture

Do you think there is a bot clan out there?

a what clan? a clan that bots?

There is no designated "bot clan." Bots are used for individual benefit and by gold farmers.

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]