Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Bots, bots, bots, and why they make me rage!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
131 replies to this topic

tripsis
[ Display Name History ]

tripsis

The Fuzz

• Administrators
  • 21,534 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Tripsis
Bots, bots, bots, and why they make me rage!

This sticky is a place for you to rant about bots, how they affect you, and what is being done (or not being done) to stop them.

If a rant is particularly well thought out, we may allow it to exist in its own thread outside of this sticky, but this will ultimately be up to the moderators.

Remember: no naming names! So if you see someone who you believe to be botting, please edit our their name when posting a screenshot or telling your story. There's always the chance that they could be a legitimate player and we don't want innocent players to wind up with an undeserved bad reputation!
Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -
- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Sethz0rz
[ Display Name History ]

Sethz0rz

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • RSN:Sethz0rz
  • Clan:BornSkilling
So I was checking my Facebook, and I looked over on the side where they have the Ads and this is what I saw.

Posted Image

Are they really that big now? It's pretty shocking to me, anyway.
Posted Image

Swiller2
[ Display Name History ]

Swiller2

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 284 posts
  • RSN:OpusX
  • RSN2:Vulgar Saint
Thanks for adding this sticky! Was needed imo.

@SethOrz Yes, bot ads/rwt sites advertise EVERYWHERE. Even more so if you search for anything Runescape related, or visit anything to do with runescape from social networking sites. It's sad, but business must be booming for them if they can pay to advertise so much.

lsubzero
[ Display Name History ]

lsubzero

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Ladiesimdtf
wow rs ads on facebook :shock:

Lose No Hope
[ Display Name History ]

Lose No Hope

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,864 posts
  • RSN:Lose No Hope
  • Clan:DGS
My personal opinion. I don't care about bots. If someone wants to get crappy exp/gp through laziness, that's their choice. It doesn't hurt my gameplay either.

Nomrombom
[ Display Name History ]

Nomrombom

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,736 posts
  • RSN:Nomrombom
Above post.... just wow. F-, F for effort. Ouch. Try again next time.

On topic, I'd like it if bots weren't here, but I suppose they'll never be eliminated. Have to live with them. At least they keep raw good prices down... :mellow:
PM me for fitocracy invite

Youmu
[ Display Name History ]

Youmu

Retired Website Crew

• Members
  • 4,622 posts

My personal opinion. I don't care about bots. If someone wants to get crappy exp/gp through laziness, that's their choice. It doesn't hurt my gameplay either.

This. To add to this, bots aren't on every single world and every single spot, so if one still wishes to go to crappy xp/gp areas, they can keep hopping until they find a world.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Helm_Lardar
[ Display Name History ]

Helm_Lardar

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • RSN:Helm Lardar
I hate bots, but it's only really because this game is so damn grindy. But, yeah, I hope they don't fix the sorcerresssess garden bot before I get myself 63/65 herblore.

I'm not an efficienado.

Lose No Hope
[ Display Name History ]

Lose No Hope

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

I hate bots, but it's only really because this game is so damn grindy. But, yeah, I hope they don't fix the sorcerresssess garden bot before I get myself 63/65 herblore.

At least you didn't get 87 herblore literally a few weeks before the SC bots started showing up... <_<

Sir_Squab
[ Display Name History ]

Sir_Squab

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,903 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Sir Squab
Honestly, I've come to the conclusion that the heart of the botting issue is asking WHY people bot - and the answer is very obvious. Rs is extremely, extremely grindy. I mean, I haven't seen one person on this forum who doesn't like the effects of bots, i.e. cheaper prayer and herblore. Imagine how bad it'd be to collect it ourselves - thus making it hypocritical for most people to actively dislike bots on general principle, for one thing...

I could try to come up with examples, but really I'd expect most RS players to understand what I'm talking about. RC, livid farm, agility are the first things that come to my mind.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.

The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

i_trollz_u
[ Display Name History ]

i_trollz_u

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 752 posts
  • RSN:i_trollz_u

Honestly, I've come to the conclusion that the heart of the botting issue is asking WHY people bot - and the answer is very obvious. Rs is extremely, extremely grindy. I mean, I haven't seen one person on this forum who doesn't like the effects of bots, i.e. cheaper prayer and herblore. Imagine how bad it'd be to collect it ourselves - thus making it hypocritical for most people to actively dislike bots on general principle, for one thing...

I could try to come up with examples, but really I'd expect most RS players to understand what I'm talking about. RC, livid farm, agility are the first things that come to my mind.

People that think pollution is bad are stoopid bcuz dey drive carz and needs dem so they r hypocritiszers, so pollution must be g00d.

People are able to consume goods td incredibly low prices in the US because of exploitation of labor in third world countries, you probably think that is good too.

but wutdo ino, im just a trolololo.

Saneug
[ Display Name History ]

Saneug

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 78 posts
  • RSN:Book-Power
Sorry, but I don't like bots cause they don't talk. I like to fish and talk to people. It's nice to get to yak about anything. Makes RS more interesting to know others all over the world like this or that about RS. Oh well, who am I. I'm just a player that love RS. botters stink.
Posted Image

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,503 posts
Awesome we finally got a sticky for this

ghjkl
[ Display Name History ]

ghjkl

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,226 posts
I was woodcutting and some idiots started planting swamp toads or w/e under the premise of "bot killing" which annoyed me and forced me to tele.
I am disgusted at how the presence of bots allow these so called "bot hunters" to have an excuse of hurting legitimate players and effectively luring people while they are woodcutting whether they are bots or not.

Lose No Hope
[ Display Name History ]

Lose No Hope

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,864 posts
But they are helping stop the botting!!!!!
They are doing an outstanding job. With the combined efforts of the bot hunters and Jagex's super bot detecting system, bots will be gone in no time!!!!!

Swiller2
[ Display Name History ]

Swiller2

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 284 posts
Why are there so many bots at Turoths? Anyone care to clue me in to why people would bot them?

I havent had them assigned in ages, but was hangin' with my low lvl friend at cockatrices and saw all these bots walking by. Followed one and there were like 5-6 there on a few different worlds. I cant remember them having any great drops besides leaf blade sword when they first came out.

Lose No Hope
[ Display Name History ]

Lose No Hope

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,864 posts
From what I've heard, they are botted for clue scrolls.

Saunamajuri
[ Display Name History ]

Saunamajuri

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 798 posts
  • RSN:Saunamajuri
  • RSN2:Logigalize
  • Clan:Nobody tells me what "Clan" is :(

From what I've heard, they are botted for clue scrolls.

This. Turoths have quite high rate for clue scrolls.

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

Swiller2
[ Display Name History ]

Swiller2

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 284 posts
Woah, so bots do clues? Crazy.

The Dark Lord
[ Display Name History ]

The Dark Lord

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,517 posts
  • Clan:S.W.A.G.
With how far AI has advanced in recent years, I believe we should start rallying for Cylon rights.

Bots are legitimate players IMO. At least the more sophisticated kinds, not the color clickers.
SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users