Hexhunter Bow

Quest_Cape_K

It only requires 98 range to wield, so I guess if you have a friend with 99 slayer who kills the Soulgazer and he gives it to you, that could work...but with hexes being so rare I doubt that's a very realistic scenario for you.

EDIT: This is going off the assumption that what's on both RSwiki and tipit is correct in saying that 98 range is the only requirement. I personally have neither 98 range nor 99 slayer to verify this myself.

EDITEDIT:

This might pertain to you:

Though the Soulgazer officially requires level 99 Slayer to damage, it can be killed by a player with any Slayer level using retribution prayer, wrath curse, and the special effect of the Blood Necklace. Recoil damage, such as deflect curses and the vengeance spell require your slayer level to be 99 to damage the Soulgazer. Players can also use Survivalist's Potions to temporarily raise their Slayer level. The bow can be bound at any Slayer and Ranged level; the only requirement to wield it is 98 Ranged.

According to RSwiki.

hzvjpwS.gif

Pretty much the only way to get it would be to have someone else kill it for you and let you take the drop, however since it is such a rare and sought after item it is unlikely you'll find many people willing to do that.

Also binding a HHB before 100 dungeoneering isn't the most useful thing to do since it limits your usefulness in a dungeon unless you key a lot, and even then I believe you're better off with a Primal Battleaxe or Prom 2H as your primary weapon.

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

So really my best bet would be to get the slayer level or close the level by myself?

Probably, it would require at least level 88 Slayer to pot (using Strong Survivalist which requires 99 Herblore) and they also don't appear on solo floors.

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

Ok thanks, expect me to post back in about 4 months looking for a team.

Just for some information, the droprate of hexes for a 99 slayer is around 1 per 50m dungeoneering xp, so even with the level you'd be considered lucky getting one on your way to 120 dg.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Ok thanks, expect me to post back in about 4 months looking for a team.

Just for some information, the droprate of hexes for a 99 slayer is around 1 per 50m dungeoneering xp, so even with the level you'd be considered lucky getting one on your way to 120 dg.

With 5 people in total will there be a higher drop rate?

Robbstarkded.png

The idea is that multiple 99 slayers = higher spawn rate. I'm 48m xp or so and seen 16 gazers (which is lucky apparently,) and 0 hex drops.

This. I'm at about 70.1m dg exp and I've seen two hexes in around ~25-30 soulgazers. The drop rate is 1/16. Hexes are the rarest items in the game.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.