Player Mods, Ethics, and Dicing

n64jive

Wrongful mutes, eventually jagex will review and he will get mod status taken, please continue to mute us. Also, we're completely legit so continuing to bump this topic and giving us attention will only help our cause as more people will try us :)

Edited by jimmy_jim
Removed part of post as it was advertising

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wrongful mutes, eventually jagex will review and he will get mod status taken, please continue to mute us. Also, we're completely legit so continuing to bump this topic and giving us attention will only help our cause as more people will try us :)

LMFAO!

LOLLOLLLOLOLL

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, thanks for the laugh.

It's not so nice when YOU'RE on the receiving end up it, is it? Also, it's only a matter of time until a TIF mod boots you from the forums for being a pathetic troll.

Edited by jimmy_jim
Removed part of quote
td2sig.jpg

Ok so this thread is currently ok, as Heated discussions are fine here on the forums. However, just as a precaution, can we make sure that personal insults are not thrown around so this thread can stay open. As fast as this thread is going, I would hate to have to come back and read through 5 pages of flames.

Just so people know, we have previously contacted Jagex as clarification for our own rules and the response was that any 'gambling' in Runescape comes under their 'trust trades' rule and is thus frowned upon.

Jagex has "Trust Trade" rule? where can I see it?

Indeed! I've long been frustrated by the money "doublers", so I went a while back to look at the rules to see what, if anything, I could report them under. I figured if they got a mute or two maybe they'd cut it out. Unfortunately I was unable to find any rules related to trust trades or the like which I could use to report them.

As I said, it isn't exactly a rule, but they do frown upon trust trades. This is from their item scamming prevention guide.

Some players will ask you to display an element of trust in order to receive a free item or to join a group. This normally comes in the form of giving them an item, and them giving you it back. This will start as a small item and escalate to larger items or even multiple items.

Do not engage in any type of trust test as it will almost certainly result in you losing valuable items. A good rule to go by is do not give any other player an item you are not yourself willing to lose.

http://www.runescape.com/kbase/guid/scamming_prevention_guide

Thanks for the link, I remember reading that years ago when I was a newbie. I still find it unfortunate that Jagex takes action against legit hosts without making their policies clear. I sometimes attempt to weed out "doublers" by trusting them with 50k, and report when they log out or run away or refuse to double. I find it amusing that they find 50k (a rather insignificant amount of money) worth scamming someone over.

It must be noted that although Jagex has posted a "guide" on how players can avoid being scammed by trust trades, they've notably not updated their rules to outlaw those trust trades. In other words, at this time there's no rule against trust trades, regardless of whether they "frown" on them.

I can understand to a certain extent why, since some emergent gameplay relies on trust trades - there's no other mechanism that would make some things possible. Nevertheless, I wish they could at least outlaw trust trade scams, or item/trade scamming in general. Right now there's actually nothing you can report proven scammers for.

Alphanos

Alphanos.png

Indeed! I've long been frustrated by the money "doublers", so I went a while back to look at the rules to see what, if anything, I could report them under. I figured if they got a mute or two maybe they'd cut it out. Unfortunately I was unable to find any rules related to trust trades or the like which I could use to report them.

If they're spamming "doubling gold" or "join cc <x> to make big money" or whatever, then you can at least report them for disruptive behavior. It may not be autotyping, but spamming the chat box so no one else can talk is also against the rules.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

If they're spamming "doubling gold" or "join cc <x> to make big money" or whatever, then you can at least report them for disruptive behavior. It may not be autotyping, but spamming the chat box so no one else can talk is also against the rules.

That's not disruptive behavior, that's advertising their service (provided they are legit and don't scam). If simply spamming a message like that is reportable than people spamming their buy or sell offers of various items in crowded trading hotspots are guilty of disruptive behaviour as well.

Apart from this:

Note On Gambling Events/Groups

Please be aware that Tip.It is officially disallowing threads/posts/signatures/etc. advertising gambling games/groups. By "gambling" we mean any event that requires a user to make a deposit of GP with the promise that they will earn more winnings if they win a certain bet. Examples include but are not limited to:

The flower game

Doubling money

Dice games

It is perfectly acceptable to discuss the general existence of these games but advertising the playing of them is not allowed. We have decided to disallow then because of the large and common risk of scamming or being scammed.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM a forum administrator.

Tip.It Administrative & Moderation Teams

Them advertising their "service" is complete in line with Tip.it rules.

Michael's correct, you're welcome to discuss the groups, but please don't advertise them :)

I've edited out the few links to the YouTube channel as all that's on there are video's about the dice game.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

u can control my tip it account, but youll never control how fine i am!

This is by FAR my favorite song:

I love N_odie and would never edit his posts! I love Rainy_Day too <3 And also Cowman_133. <33 Oh, and Laikrob is a going to hunt me down and kill me like a pest kangaroo if I reveal how awesome she is. I owe tripsis skittles. DarkDude feels like he's missing out. This is my siggy! - n_odie Rainy_Day MINE! - n_odie Rainy_Day And meol shouldn't feel left out. Oh, and Y_Guy is a noob awesome

That's not disruptive behavior, that's advertising their service (provided they are legit and don't scam). If simply spamming a message like that is reportable than people spamming their buy or sell offers of various items in crowded trading hotspots are guilty of disruptive behaviour as well.

From Inappropriate Language or Behavior

6. What is flooding the chat window?

Spamming/flooding the chat window is to fill the chat window with unnecessary text. This is an offence and is disruptive and unfair on other players, as it makes it more difficult for them to communicate and trade with each other.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Wrongful mutes, eventually jagex will review and he will get mod status taken, please continue to mute us. Also, we're completely legit so continuing to bump this topic and giving us attention will only help our cause as more people will try us :) We have videos on youtube to show legitimacy and everyone should go check it out: www.youtube.com/Mew2dice

Here is what I don't understand. You assume Jagex is going to do anything about a wrongful mute. How long have you been playing this game? The temp banned may get lifted, but the offense will likely remain.

Next on topic: Honestly, hopefully this issue gets escalated enough where Jagex will finally make a decision on it, however they will likely just deem dicing and all other forms of trust trades as "scamming" and make it a reportable offense.

w4M8t.png

3 of us are already unmuted, and zero black marks.

More lies...

First off, How did you view the black marks? (Jagex removed black marks a long time ago)

Next, It's sunday.

3rd: It doesn't work that way...

w4M8t.png

3 of us are already unmuted, and zero black marks.

More lies...

First off, How did you view the black marks? (Jagex removed black marks a long time ago)

Next, It's sunday.

3rd: It doesn't work that way...

Just quit responding to him, and maybe he'll give up and crawl back into whatever cave he came from.

td2sig.jpg

Pmods abusing powers isn't new. Many of them are good people and definetly deserve the position, and many of them aren't.

This point exactly.

We would like to think that p mods are good upstanding players who would do the right thing. But my the OP story this isn't the case. Kinda sad to be honest, but there is nothing you can do while people who have the power can use it.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Haha..

Some mod muted multiple people in the clan, who were all unmuted within an hour.

I guess I should start another thread about the corrupt mod Limp invited..

Fail.

I am really beginning to suspect you and Pyr0 are the same person posting on alt accounts, with how closely you trolls are mirroring each other.

td2sig.jpg

This thread is so amusing. It's like the e-mafia (that dice clan or whatever) is trying to keep the little guy (OP) down. I have half a mind to go to that clan's world just to troll hardcore.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

This thread is so amusing. It's like the e-mafia (that dice clan or whatever) is trying to keep the little guy (OP) down. I have half a mind to go to that clan's world just to troll hardcore.

I have half a mind to go to that clan's world just to troll hardcore.

And the other half agrees.

I wouldn't tbh. These clowns have already proven they're terrible people who aren't afraid to use their dirty mod friend to mute you.

td2sig.jpg

Haha..

Some mod muted multiple people in the clan, who were all unmuted within an hour.

I guess I should start another thread about the corrupt mod Limp invited..

Fail.

I didn't invite anyone. Like I said, I don't have any mod friends. Most of my friends quit runescape long ago. Now if a mod from this forum read this post, and started laying down the mute-hammer, well I guess you could blame that on me, since the blame game is fun.

As far as I'm aware, while I sat around edge today making enchanted bolts, watching the numerous "ranks" auto-type as well as allegedly scam (which is allegedly, as who knows if they really did), I find it ironic how you clearly state that the reason for the mutes was because of autoing(although the reports claim item-scamming), yet when you're clan mates get muted for autoing, you start a fuss over it.

Off topic: don't plan on joining the debate team when you finally make it to high school. Also, becoming a lawyer is probably a bad idea.

Edit: Just re-read the post and earlier in the topic you said something along the lines of 6 guys from your clan were muted because the auto-typing was out of hand. Now all of a sudden, 3 guys are muted from your clan, for auto-typing, and you get defensive about it, claiming I brought in a corrupt mod (snidely sarcastic).

It just seems weird that you were ok with it earlier today when you claimed that 6 players from your clan were muted, and now that you claim three people are, there is a big fuss?

w4M8t.png

When this thread was originally created, it held great promise for discussing ethics of two very important issues in today's culture: trust trading and player mods. And while there are a lot of times this particular topic pops up, it always serves as an interesting (albeit brief) discussion. Unfortunately, through a few poorly shaded out pictures, the identity of who the topic creator was talking about was revealed, and the 'injured party' in this case understandably came to defend itself. The problem is that this thread has now been so derailed that it's really past salvaging, and butchering the thread and removing these posts will serve no purpose.

I'm going to lock this thread but I would like to stress that anyone is welcome to recreate a topic to discuss what this topic originally attempted to: the ethics of trust trading things like dicing, player mods, and so on. But continuing this argument, naming names, and the like will not be tolerated.

I'll be in contact with the two conflicted parties as well as sending out a few reminders to a few users on the rules. :)

For now, this topic will be locked.

hzvjpwS.gif