Player Mods, Ethics, and Dicing

n64jive

One question, why the heck would a j mod have a p mod account?

Lots of J Mods have their own personal account, which they give P Mod status to.

Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of a personal account though? If they need to whip out the ban hammer they could just hop to their j mod account when they're at work. And if its for enjoyment why bring work home with you?

There's several reasons.

1) J mod accounts cannot be logged on outside of the office, for security reasons.

2) J mods get hounded everywhere they go, and are subject to certain restrictions to prevent unfairness. Namely, they can't trade with or attack normal players.

3) J mods want to have some degree of power when playing at home, which is why they use p mod accounts.

td2sig.jpg

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so this thread is currently ok, as Heated discussions are fine here on the forums. However, just as a precaution, can we make sure that personal insults are not thrown around so this thread can stay open. As fast as this thread is going, I would hate to have to come back and read through 5 pages of flames.

Just so people know, we have previously contacted Jagex as clarification for our own rules and the response was that any 'gambling' in Runescape comes under their 'trust trades' rule and is thus frowned upon.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Its against the rules for anyone to claim to be a Jagex moderator on a non-mod account, so why would a Mod go straight against this by telling people his personal account name? If this pmod really was a Jmod, though, I really doubt he would

a) reveal his identity to a gambling clan

b) be at the 'service' of this clan, and willing to investigate whenever they say there's an auto-typer in the area

Its against the rules for anyone to claim to be a Jagex moderator on a non-mod account, so why would a Mod go straight against this by telling people his personal account name? If this pmod really was a Jmod, though, I really doubt he would

b) be at the 'service' of this clan, and willing to investigate whenever they say there's an auto-typer in the area

I raised this point earlier, and it was conveniently ignored. ;)

td2sig.jpg

I didn't think P'mods were supposed to be Clan Chat vigilantes either. But i've only been a Pmod for half a decade. this is a funny thread to me.

Anyways I wanted to post this. Carry on

boy%20at%20movies%20eat%20popcorn.jpg

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

Ok so this thread is currently ok, as Heated discussions are fine here on the forums. However, just as a precaution, can we make sure that personal insults are not thrown around so this thread can stay open. As fast as this thread is going, I would hate to have to come back and read through 5 pages of flames.

Just so people know, we have previously contacted Jagex as clarification for our own rules and the response was that any 'gambling' in Runescape comes under their 'trust trades' rule and is thus frowned upon.

See that doesn't really offer any clarification though. Frowned upon? soooooooo??....yes/no? I really just wish they would either say "Yes, you can do trust trades, just know that there are risks involved" or 'No, it's not within the interest of the game, therefore we do not allow gambling games".

w4M8t.png

Exactly. There's already been so many holes shot into Mew2 & PYR0's arguments. Odds are even if they do post "evidence" of Mod Dowd claiming to indeed be the pmod, it'll be an easy to fake screenshot.

A well-known clan trying to preserve its dominance in dicing by getting a pmod to abuse their power is a lot more plausible than a Jmod telling a dicing clan he's going on his pmod account to report people for "item scamming" when he thinks they're autotyping.

@Das: I agree with that image whole-heartedly :grin:

skillgoal99fakingunderb.png

Fake Awards:

flatawardsbox.png

(The large number is the amount of awards I have gotten; only 8 are shown above. Click to see all of them.)

a) Known him from January 2011.

b) He just trains in the same world often, and stops by time-to-time.

His stats is irelevant in this situation. Your first mute, along with the others was supposed to be for auto-typing. I don't know why it was for scamming.

Your second mute, I have no clue where that came from.

His stats is irelevant in this situation.

Nobody asked about his stats to begin with :|

skillgoal99fakingunderb.png

Fake Awards:

flatawardsbox.png

(The large number is the amount of awards I have gotten; only 8 are shown above. Click to see all of them.)

These evasive answers and smokescreens they're throwing out don't work so well when they're dealing with people who at this point are enjoying the process of picking apart their statements.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

I'm done posting about what happened, we're not getting anywhere with this argument. I am sorry you were muted for scamming when you werent. He came to mute people for autoing. Even if you weren't autoing, the autos advertising your friends chat could of had him mistake the name.

There are always mods running through edge, many sitting in the bank training. I'm sure if you contact jagex via rs forums, you can get a better response on who muted/why you were muted then you can here.

These evasive answers and smokescreens they're throwing out don't work so well when they're dealing with people who at this point are enjoying the process of picking apart their statements.

Status.

I've been talking to Limp Arch ingame, he should be posting shortly.

Posting here? Because if so that will do nothing to prove J-mod status.

And even then, you've acted so suspiscious at this point that if you prove it was a J-mod, I'll be believing that there's a corrupt J-mod running about.

@Mew2Dice:

His status? Status in what?

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

[/hide]

Limp Arch is the person that started the thread.

So what's supposed to happen now? Him post and completely change his story and claim he had everything wrong from the start?

Because people don't give up their stances that easily online. Just look at the religion thread to see that.

Honestly, if he changes his stance I'm going to be rather curious as to exactly what the catalyst in that situation was....

[/hide]

Interesting. I really do doubt a few things said here, dueto contradictions that have already been pointed out, but we can't get definate proof of this, due to tif rules.

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Honestly, if he changes his stance I'm going to be rather curious as to exactly what the catalyst in that situation was....

How much would you take in a gp payment to change the thread and be like misunderstanding?

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

How much would you take in a gp payment to change the thread and be like misunderstanding?

2 million gp, a raw herring, and red dye.

[/hide]

dnd2bl.jpg

This is what I can gather from the information.

1. These players are young. Probably 15-18. Not saying that holds anything against them, but it does explain their evasive ways as teenagers usually rather lie their way out of a situation rather than try to find the answer behind the situation, or reveal them if they are at fault. I sense that Pyr0 is experience some guilt, and had I not had any proof, these conversations would be different.

2. I still believe they know a pmod, and they likely often contact him to remove competition. He probably receives some sort of compensation for this, as these guys do have billion gp banks. Now were really getting into the movies.

3. I still stand by the fact that they do pay out legitimately, however this whole situation has left kind of a sour taste in my mouth. I believe the two were on a power trip, proclaiming how they *could* get me muted if I *messed* with them. And Pyr0 did all he could, when I wasn't even hosting.

Honestly, I came back to this game to get over a girlfriend. Little did I know there would be just as much drama...Which I'm partly to blame for.

I'll leave this post saying 1. If you are a gambler and want to dice, you should still dice with mew2, as the clan has earned it's reputation, and rightfully so.

However, I'll likely just avoid the whole dicing thing, as it has given me a headache.

EDIT: I forgot to point out that most people in IT (me being one) don't work on sundays. And also being a part-time video game developer for some side cash, I can tell you that if I wanted to spend my free time doing something fun, I wouldn't do it playing the games that I developed.

w4M8t.png

i woudla figured more!

Abraham Lincoln

Jagex has "Trust Trade" rule? where can I see it?

I've been talking to Limp Arch ingame, he should be posting shortly.

Disappointed? :lol:

i woudla figured more!

I have about as much integrity as a wooden scaffold in a firestorm.

[/hide]

Mew2, I knew I recognised your name... From "back then", and when you got in touch in more recent months. We haven't actually spoken, apart from sharing merchanting information for a few days. That's as far as it went.

I am amazed at the responses in this thread, and this absolute joke of a "clan" and "our turf" that I'm reading. So laugh-out-loud worthy.

Hi "Limp Arch",

I had a good laugh reading your post. Completely based off your options. Half of what you said never happened, the other half you just don't know enough information about to bring up.

"However this apparently offers you protection from being "muted". I had 6 people from my own clan muted along with you and your friend. I called the mod because the auto-typing was getting out of hand, it had NOTHING to do with another clan being in the same spot as us. Also, it was a Jmod's Pmod account who I called in.

From what you have said, it is clear you knew nothing about how we run the clan before you posted this. To become a RANK you must pay the 200m and wait 4 weeks. The 200m is paid so I can compensate someone if the host scams. It is also used to test the host with some bets and x-fers during the 4 weeks.

When you logged in, I told you stay out of our place, you will get muted again. That is true. Almost every person found to be using an auto-typer here is muted that day, you're no different. "He informs me that this is "their" dicing world, and that I had no right being there." Where did that come from? It was never said.

Please don't be spreading any more lies about us behind our backs . Thanks.

- Justin/Mew2

I'm almost certain, unless you provide proof (LOL!) that no J-Mod is going to condone your behaviour, let alone come at your request to mute competitors. Things don't work like that.

Funnily enough I just so happened to stumble upon world 22 Edgeville, thanks for the heads up.

EDIT: On topic, for Jive. While I completely disagree with any form of activity like this, it is a disgrace to think that a Player Moderator is acting on their behalf. I do recommend you find yourself another activity to take part in to gather money, as this one is risky.

RIP Michaelangelopolous