Player Mods, Ethics, and Dicing

n64jive

Once again, I'm stressing the fact that we do not have a player mod on our payroll or any other weird godfather-like conspiracy theories you seem to think of.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so this thread is currently ok, as Heated discussions are fine here on the forums. However, just as a precaution, can we make sure that personal insults are not thrown around so this thread can stay open. As fast as this thread is going, I would hate to have to come back and read through 5 pages of flames.

Just so people know, we have previously contacted Jagex as clarification for our own rules and the response was that any 'gambling' in Runescape comes under their 'trust trades' rule and is thus frowned upon.

Jagex has "Trust Trade" rule? where can I see it?

Indeed! I've long been frustrated by the money "doublers", so I went a while back to look at the rules to see what, if anything, I could report them under. I figured if they got a mute or two maybe they'd cut it out. Unfortunately I was unable to find any rules related to trust trades or the like which I could use to report them.

Alphanos

Alphanos.png

Once again, I'm stressing the fact that we do not have a player mod on our payroll or any other weird godfather-like conspiracy theories you seem to think of.

Pyro is a synonym for fire.

Mobsters burn down the buildings of their competitors.

The connection is obvious, so don't try to hide it.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

At this stage it's not about godfather-like conspiracies, simply immature people trying to play gangster in their fantasy worlds.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Ok so this thread is currently ok, as Heated discussions are fine here on the forums. However, just as a precaution, can we make sure that personal insults are not thrown around so this thread can stay open. As fast as this thread is going, I would hate to have to come back and read through 5 pages of flames.

Just so people know, we have previously contacted Jagex as clarification for our own rules and the response was that any 'gambling' in Runescape comes under their 'trust trades' rule and is thus frowned upon.

Indeed! I've long been frustrated by the money "doublers", so I went a while back to look at the rules to see what, if anything, I could report them under. I figured if they got a mute or two maybe they'd cut it out. Unfortunately I was unable to find any rules related to trust trades or the like which I could use to report them.

As I said, it isn't exactly a rule, but they do frown upon trust trades. This is from their item scamming prevention guide.

Some players will ask you to display an element of trust in order to receive a free item or to join a group. This normally comes in the form of giving them an item, and them giving you it back. This will start as a small item and escalate to larger items or even multiple items.

Do not engage in any type of trust test as it will almost certainly result in you losing valuable items. A good rule to go by is do not give any other player an item you are not yourself willing to lose.

http://www.runescape.com/kbase/guid/scamming_prevention_guide

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Okay, now you're just trolling, as you have been this entire thread.

Actually, I was making a point. Anyone can say anything, but that doesn't make it so. And everything you've said so far on this thread has been highly suspicious.

And nice troll-calling, by the way. Even if that post wasn't aprticularly useful besides poking fun, it does not invalidate my past posts.

Edit: Also, the above.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

[/hide]

Never trust an RS Gp obsessed teenager.

The End.

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

k4a77n.png

Amusing.

Fact: these fools were gloating when Jive got muted. That speaks for itself.

J-Mods are supposed to divorce themselves from the players and play incognito to prevent something like this from happening. Mod Dowd could get fired.

Bahahhahahahahahaha!

Prepare to Die! Path of Exile RPG

1emk2e.png

"Think where man's glory most begins and ends, and say my glory was I had such friends." Yeats

As I said, it isn't exactly a rule, but they do frown upon trust trades. This is from their item scamming prevention guide.

Some players will ask you to display an element of trust in order to receive a free item or to join a group. This normally comes in the form of giving them an item, and them giving you it back. This will start as a small item and escalate to larger items or even multiple items.

Do not engage in any type of trust test as it will almost certainly result in you losing valuable items. A good rule to go by is do not give any other player an item you are not yourself willing to lose.

http://www.runescape.com/kbase/guid/scamming_prevention_guide

Thanks for the link, I remember reading that years ago when I was a newbie. I still find it unfortunate that Jagex takes action against legit hosts without making their policies clear. I sometimes attempt to weed out "doublers" by trusting them with 50k, and report when they log out or run away or refuse to double. I find it amusing that they find 50k (a rather insignificant amount of money) worth scamming someone over.

@Crossed Body,

His PM started with: How much you going to pay me?

Just no lmao..

The sad part is that you didn't even realize how cheap I am, either.

Mind, where money fails, you can surely use your skill with the written word which has obviously won over everyone in this thread.

[/hide]

I agree that trust games such as those should be clarify by Jagex to see if they are actually sanctioned, because it can totally swing either way. No matter how legit it is, its an online game, and there bound to be a risk. I know its playing safe, but at least less people get scam (or we can just ban free trade again).

On another note, after reading through the topic, I am a bit confused where the thread now stands. Not saying that their argument mean anything rather then he said she said, but are we still talking the whole thing in general, or between one player vs a clan and their suppose dominance over a certain market.

a happy Runescaper

Umm.. I think everyone came to the conclusion that W22 Edgeville Dicing Friend's Chat [[[ Mew2 ]]] is a little protective of their turf and apparently use player moderators, including a Jmod named Mod Dowd, as enforcers to mute those who oppose them. It was noted however that it is a legit cc where the ranks there payout into the billions of gp in a single bet. Not too much evidence however as to whether or not the player mods in the situation were corrupted or legit.l

Do you want to write a comic to go with that, PYR0?

"The Backyard Adventures of PYR0 And Co. ; This week they let their imagations take them into the world of gangs, where they will engage in turf wars and hire crooked cops! Stay Tuned!"

:mellow: :thumbup:

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Bunch of people are ranting at me because they think that I somehow got them muted. They don't realize that I was in the same boat.

"We muted you for auto-typing"..."There was no grounds for you muting us"...

1. There was no grounds for muting me.

2. I didn't mute you

3. Karma? Now you know how I feel? I had nothing to do with this...lol

w4M8t.png

I'm not muted lol.. good one though Newb for muting us, or whoever it was.. Real cute. Be unbanned in like an hour, plus we use a different chat to talk lol