Charm gathering

Nomrombom

My Summoning level is in my sig, and I'm looking for 69 Summ. I have about 698 golds, 371 crims, 364 greens, and 106 blues. For 69, if I only used said kind of charm, I'd need:

~4300 gold

~3400 green

~1300 crims

~700 blue

Of course, I'm going to use all kinds of charms, those are just the numbers I can get from the calc.

So my question is what should I be doing for the charms?

1. No Waterfiends, I have tried them out and my stats/gear are not enough to be efficient (No bunyip, no maul, all melees under 80, etc.)

2. No Black Demons, I have also tried them out and my stats/gear are not enough to be efficient either (no rapier, no bandos, can't afford to cannon, etc.)

I've been thinking of doing Baby Blacks as their overall drop rate of charms is 51%, with good greens and decent crims.

Thoughts?

PM me for fitocracy invite

No reason to settle for mediocre charms when its faster to make money to cannon black demons. However other options you have are dust devils, shadow warriors beneath the legends guild, or just level slayer.

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

Almost all slayer tasks on an efficient list have good charm drop rates. There are a few exceptions, but those tasks are good in other areas like experience, effigies, and drops.

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]

Almost all slayer tasks on an efficient list have good charm drop rates. There are a few exceptions, but those tasks are good in other areas like experience, effigies, and drops.

Not to mention the fact that training slayer will get your combat skills up.

That would then allow you to kill waterfiends/black demons/what have you later if you so wish.

I just do slayer and the occasional penguin points for my summoning level.

I may put something here eventually.

I used to think like that - go do something with a high drop rate and a low combat level.

However, it's a pretty bad idea - don't focus so much on summoning at the moment.

One thing you can do is bring a bunch of prayer potions and go familiarization before going to water fiends.

Since you can only do this once a week - I suggest start training your other skills.

You can start working on skills needed to unlock some of the achievement diary awards while farming ever hour or so for the money.

capt%20kevin.png

You should be able to kill waterfiends, try Karil's + prot ranged (if you can afford it).

Otherwise I agree with Litterbug that it won't be very fast to gather a lot of charms now - of course you won't have a bunyip for longer, but I think you best stick to familarization + Bork + slayer.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Definitely head to waterfiends! I was assigned them and didnt want to move on after i finished the task haha. My account is a typical range tank with 70 str & 70 attack and I did fine slaying them. Just use a sara sword (on crush) karil's top and bottom, d boots, and any other thing else to help your str/attack bonuses. Bring some supers and some pray pots along with a few sharks. Crimson charms are common along with a couple of other items worth a bit of money. :thumbup:

1zfsnkj.png