Login Troubles

Pete Party

worlds.png

Lots of things are wrong.

Client is broken.

On the website:

Link thats under the button "play now" directs to broken page.

Ability to use the TAB button in the login screen

The save file or whatever holds my settings so I don't have to adjust my settings each login is broken.

The logout button in game where you can choose to go in lobby

If people want to choose a world, type /slu.ws behind runescape.com

List of members worlds that work currently (for me, as I run the test):

[hide]World 2 Trade - Members

World 6 Barbarian Assault

World 9 United States

World 12 New Zealand

World 15 Castle Wars

World 18 United States

World 21 United States

World 22 United States

World 26 United States

World 27 Trade - Members

World 28 Poland

World 31 House Parties

World 32 United States

World 39 United States

World 40 Duel - Staked/Friendly

World 42 Role-Playing Server

World 44 Soul Wars

World 45 Burthorpe Games Room

World 46 United States

World 48 United States

World 51 Vinesweeper

World 52 Castle Wars

World 54 Duel - Staked/Friendly

World 56 Belgium

World 58 Blast Furnace

World 59 Castle Wars

World 60 Great Orb Project

World 64 Lithuania

World 65 United States

World 66 Running - Law Runes

World 69 Pest Control

World 70 Runecrafting - ZMI Altar

World 72 House Parties

World 76 Mobilising Armies (4)

World 77 Dungeoneering

World 78 Vinesweeper

World 79 Tzhaar Fight Pits

World 86 Skill Total (1500)

World 88 Shades of Mort'ton

World 89 Mobilising Armies (20)

World 91 Barbarian Assault

World 92 Fist of Guthix

World 96 Quick Chat

World 97 Mobilising Armies (20)

World 115 Pest Control

World 116 Fishing Trawler

World 119 Sweden

World 129 Clan Wars

World 130 Trade - Members

World 131 Canada

World 132 Duel - Staked/Friendly

World 137 High-risk Wilderness Worlds

World 143 Soul Wars

World 145 Soul Wars

World 151 Finland

World 156 Mexico

World 157 Canada

World 158 Stealing Creation

World 159 Mobilising Armies (20)

World 160 Quick Chat

World 164 Stealing Creation

World 166 Norway[/hide]

Edit - This just got in, the play now button works. (refresh a few times maybe)

Tab works too.

Lobby works.

Most worlds work (148 didn't work earlier, now it does)

It loaded my correct settings (no music screen size etc)

Me and the wise old man go way back.... he was a foolish boy back then.

My crystal armour idea.

27-May-2011 13:17:56

Last edited on 27-May-2011 13:38:02 by Mod Piers

Hey Everyone,

As I'm sure you are all aware there is a problem with people not being able to log in to RuneScape at this time. The issue has been flagged and we have a team working on fixing the issue as soon as possible.

In the meantime it seems the only way to log in is to directly type in the server address into your browsers address bar.

Eg: http: //world(insert world number here).runescape.com

We realise this is not ideal and as I said before we are working on getting both the 'Play Now' button and the new Facebook login working as soon as we can.

Sorry for the inconvenience, we hope to get everybody back playing soon.

Thanks for your patience :)

EDIT: Some possible solutions to problems I've come across on this thread.

- If you have a world that is working for you then you could always come back and let others know :)

- Having problems with Java not being recognised I would suggest removing/uninstalling and then reinstalling with the latest version. Make sure you remove all old versions as they can be a pain sometimes if they linger in the background.

- If you can't log in to client then for now the browser may be your only option. Make sure your browser is up to date before trying.

- Do not follow any other links people may be posting just in case. Any other links will be hidden.

Will try to keep an eye on this thread and offer you more support as this issue persists. :)

Mod Piers

Quick find code: 25-26-867-62823060

Typical that the day I get off work early this happens <_<

My Blog

2 Visage Drops.

Over 1800 Castle Wars Tickets..

110715145129.png

Errr.png

How do you messup something as essential as the login for RuneScape? You link the game to Facebook. :-|

You might want to change the title to something more descriptive btw :)

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Easiest way I found to get into is to use the url of a working world.

There's a few of them but the one I used was:

http://world97.runescape.com

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Hum, and I thought it was because all the kiddies were still in school

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Figures... Regular Jagex Idiocy... When will they ever learn to not monkey with their own damn login system? Further, did any of the data on it get copied by some black-hat hacker? :roll:

~D. V. "I'd like to know, damnit." Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

This problem may be fixed, but the loading times mightn't be. Load several areas and there's a lag anywhere from 1 to 5 seconds.

It's worse on single-core systems that are stuck in "Safe Mode", where there's no hardware acceleration to take the graphical weight off of the CPU. Times can go up to an unbearable 10+ seconds, which tends to annoy the hell out of me when I have to get something done fast. :(

Personally, I wonder why Jagex doesn't side-stream the map parts alongside the main game link. I would think doing so would prevent and/or lessen these stop-and-start situations, and enable a far more fluid gaming experience, because they could then have seamless transitioning across map sections. Heck, weren't they supposed to be trying to take advantage of the extra RAM Heap that some users have allocated to their Java VMs? Jagex could easily have more of the game map loaded all at one time via the increased heaps, so not as many "Loading - Please Wait" messages are needed. Sure would beat having all this lag with absolutely no good/useful explanation as to why it's happening. For that matter, it's leaving modern systems twiddling their freaking thumbs to not have background processing to do. I can only begin to guess what it's like for multi-core users, as I have only single-core systems to work with here. :huh:

~Mr. D. V. "I feel like I've been run over by the long waits. Isn't there a solution?" Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)