Mage Arena Training. You Think It's Worthe It? I Do (LONG)

deangut

Ok, Here is my opinion on the mage arena so far. ((Only have done the Alchamy, but read on why))

LvL 74 Mage ((1,123,450 xp)) when I went down to the Mage Training area. Brought with me 1k Natz and Lava staff. I wanted to see how much XP I could get in an hour and how many natz it would take me. This is what I found in 2 one hour sessions.

First hour: 502 Natz - 16630 Coins which converted to 166 Pizzah Points - 32630 XP from Alc'n - 33,320 from Bonus after I deposited coins. (( I got some coins depo'd to bank, but not paying attention coins ))

Second Hour: 492 Natz - 16623 Coins which converted to 166 Pizzah Points - 31980 XP from Alc'n - 33,320 from Bonus after I deposited coins.

Summary:

2 Hours I used 992 Natz, received total of 131,250xp. ((Lvl 75 mage now))

Average 132xp per nat

Cost for natz at 300 each: 297,600

I normally can alc 1k bows an hour, so....

If you bought 2k natz 600k and 2k Yew Longs 1.2m total = 1.8m

You would get : 1,512,000

Net loss = 288,000

XP you would ge in 2 hours: 130k (if you alc'd for 2 hours straight no trading or event)

The difference between the two is only 9.6k.

My outlook on Mage and other XP right now:

I am currently speed training my mage to lvl 85 and am not worried about getting XP on other stats. So I am not worried about my fletching or RC'ing lvls. What I am looking at is what is the fastest way to lvl up mage! On that note.....

Alc'n has it's ups and downs

Upside: while your alcn you can merchant or buy items you need. This is always my time to sell my items that I have PK'd or items I am looking for. If time doesn't matter you can make a profit on this skill, again if time doesn't matter.

DownSide: It is boring as sin! On top of that, if you make your own bows and natz you need to add another 2 to 4 hours to the mix for 2k bows. If you can find the supplies. Can be a waste of time. ((Especially with random events))

Mage Arena also has ups and downs:

Upside: Quick XP. You do not have to waste your time find supplies or buying bows at inflated prices. Lot less boring then just alcn at a bank or wherever. You earn points for new Items (which some are worth). You use half the amount of Natz that you use for Hi alcn with same XP or more.

DownSide: You hardly make any money here, so no profit. You only make a couple K every hour. The lag on busy servers can be brutal.

Conclusion:

When speed training your looking for the quickest way to lvl. Just like power mining/wc your not there for supplies, just lvls. The time I save on gathering supplies and making bows can be anywhere from 2 to 5 hours. In 2 to 5 hours I would have made 131k to 320k XP only costing me 300 to 700k. Which for me, my time is worth more then that! Obviously, there are two sides to this coin and many other factors. You could make your own natz for this to help the cost. ((making 1k natz an hour at abyss)) You can make money from fletching and alcn your bows, no doubt! But again this is all about speed training to 85....

then to 94 (woot)

So let me know what you think on this and any constructive comments are welcome

CRUNK

No, I HATE Alching with a passion, the new mage training arena is my nightmare. IMO the non combat spells are all too repitive and this arena is just boring and repitive.

I've got most of my magic XP from Fire Bolting Steel dragons, you have to pay attention but it doesn't require much clicking and you never know what you're going to get off them so there's always a surprise element to it which is what makes it more fun to do.

My outlook on Mage and other XP right now:

Omg that is so Microsoft! You gave me watery eyes. :lol:

LOL!

On alcn... I agree it is pretty boring, but again it's all about quick xp and S or I dragons are pretty slow in comparison!

any other comments?

No, I HATE Alching with a passion, the new mage training arena is my nightmare. IMO the non combat spells are all too repitive and this arena is just boring and repitive.

I've got most of my magic XP from Fire Bolting Steel dragons, you have to pay attention but it doesn't require much clicking and you never know what you're going to get off them so there's always a surprise element to it which is what makes it more fun to do.

Well, at least these new minigames make the spells more fun. With the alching game you run around grabbing items from closets alching the ones that go for the most and when the alching is free. With normal alching, its boring as hell just standing there repeatedly clicking on noted yew longs.

Mabye fire bolting dragons might be fun, I don't know. But its a helluva lot more dangerous than alching I'll tell you that.

I had 500 cosmics in my bank, which isen't too much, but when the only use for them is for orbs, I found this update worth it.

The new spell seems like a let down though :S.

I had 500 cosmics in my bank, which isen't too much, but when the only use for them is for orbs, I found this update worth it.

The new spell is actually very nice.... you can stay at a training spot for much longer when you can turn the bones to food that heals 8. Useful for slayer.

The new spell is actually very nice.... you can stay at a training spot for much longer when you can turn the bones to food that heals 8. Useful for slayer.

i thought that it heals for 4. anyways, i agree any skill is more fun when you can forget about how much xp you have, how many you have left to do for that mage level, or whatever.. already got 92 magic there, and i have 400k to 93 now, when all i've really been focusing on is getting a master wand. albeit the telekinetic theatre is ALWAYS going to be a total pain in the behind, and i don't really enjoy the alcing too much either, since you have to look at your cash so much of the time. and that i've done tens of thousands of alcs in the past, and i am starting to hate it with a burning passion like the others..

ubersig2se0.jpg

At least on world 2, alching is great xp and cash as well. I went in with 1k nats and at times bought nats at 10 ea from the merchants selling in there. By the time I came out, I had 72k mage xp, 42 pizzaz points more than when I went in and 2130 nats. I'll go back and use up those extra runes I bought in there to make another 30k+ in cash and end up with almost 400 alchemy pizzaz points without spending a dime. So heres a big heart-felt THANKS MERCHANTS. Considering that I have been raising mage by fletching and alching for the most part, this is way better in xp and gp.

sig5qf.gif

# 1101 to 99 range on 12-18-05

85 slayer on 12-18-05 with combat at 102;

retired from members since Feb 06.

Back since June 07. 2000+ total.

i like the new training arena because i want the new items, mainly the boots, gloves and book. to get them i need to accumutate like 9k enchant pz and nearly 900 grave, alch and tele pzz. that is a lot of work

anybody got any estimates how many runes you use up per 1000 pzz in each of the minigames?? and how much pzz you could get per hour?

Are you a member with a full bank and cancelling your subscription? Are you an F2P player that wants more bank space? Check out my guide on Going to F2P with a full bank

New Spell = Endless camping at

a) Dustdevils

B) Dagganoths

c) Basilisks

d) Bloodvelds

its cheap guthans it owns ;) not to mention what it does to mb pking

tipitsigkk0.jpg

a) Dustdevils

B) Dagganoths

c) Basilisks

d) Bloodvelds

You sure Dust Devils drop bones?

a) Dustdevils

B) Dagganoths

c) Basilisks

d) Bloodvelds

Murderer 10td8va.png

awesome_bloodvelds_siggeh.pngpossiblesig11.png

:^_^: I drew that smilie, btw, along with a few more used by this site.

Classic bloodveld for lyph3! Although I do like the new ones.

Like a ninja, here I was, gone I am now.

BUT! I may be back! Add my new account, Dr Bloodveld!

a) Dustdevils

B) Dagganoths

c) Basilisks

d) Bloodvelds

You sure Dust Devils drop bones?

Yes, they do