spiritual mage task

Shady Character

i recently got 83 slayer and with it my first spiritual mage task. i dont do gwd so ive rarely been down there.

i was wondering if anyone here could help me with a setup and how i should go about them.

i have standard slaying gear, extremes, stats in sig

De_Toke.png
max.png
Quest cape since Jan. 30th, '08

I'd go with killing zamorak spiritual mages because they drop dargon boots.

Someone could post a better set up but I wear prossy and pray protect from magic. I had 166 mages to kill so that was about 4/5 prayer pots and 47 mins. Take 1 or 2 ext strength and attack depending on how often you pot up.

Oh yeah, and have a zamorak arrow equipped so that you aren't attack by everything in the zammy place. They are a little spread out in the encampment but closer to the boss door are three that roam around closely.

I'm not sure on how many to prayer pot to take for killing over 200 monsters, how many is in your task??

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

i have 246.....

thanks for the tip about the arrow i was thinkin gabuot what zammy item to buy now xd

also is meele best or can u range them? and do i have to worry about any other monsters atkin me in there?

De_Toke.png
max.png

I obviously don't have the necessary stats to get assigned the mages.

However, in 99.9% of the threads I've seen about what tasks to block/skip - this is pretty much on every single one.

The slayer exp is extreme slow and dragon boots are not worth much either.

I'm sorry that I don't have much figures (but maybe some other people will).

Anyhow, good luck with your slayer task!

If you are at all interested, I created a thread on this a while back and here it is:

http://forum.tip.it/topic/296282-blocking-tasks/page__gopid__4908693#entry4908693

In the middle of the post, Dex was kind enough to link to RSOF threads that have explicit numbers/etc for certain task lists which I copy/paste and hide in tags a few posts later.

EDIT:

I only provided the task lists - but if you look up the actual forums, there are plenty of numbers (including melee exp/slayer exp gained I believe)

capt%20kevin.png

i have 246.....

thanks for the tip about the arrow i was thinkin gabuot what zammy item to buy now xd

also is meele best or can u range them? and do i have to worry about any other monsters atkin me in there?

For the most part, melee is ALWAYS going to be the best method for slayer.

This may not be true in a few instances namely:

Nechryals (chin them in CT)

Ice Strykewryms (with a good set up - and fire surge, I believe magic is better)

capt%20kevin.png

In the Zammy GWD, there are only Zamorak monsters, so no, you don't have to worry.

azeem1992.png

Really? Cause as I recall it was you who was the one cussing me at base. Also, re-read what you just said: one 15 second delay (which is an exaggeration to begin with) ruins floor times? You are beyond ridiculous.

Spiritual mages do not drop charms - you won't gain valuable summoning xp from them. Similarly they do not drop effigies, which again cuts down on overall xp/hr. To add to that they are slow combat and slayer xp even with a steel titan and your best combat familiar is probably some sort of titan, so that really makes it the worst task ever.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Doing spirit mage tasks is exp waste. Block or skip them.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

This. :thumbup:

Thanks for your very useful post which added a lot to the discussion

If you're gonna do them, bring 10+ prayer potions and a wrench and pray magic+piety/turmoil. It makes a huge difference an the time you save is worth the cost of the prayer potions, which are extremely cheap anyway.

He gave advice and I supported/confirmed the advice. It helps reassure OP that the advice can be taken seriously and/or that it is supported and agreed upon by others.

I'm not sure what you want me to say instead. Spirit mage tasks suck because of the reasons already provided. They aren't worth doing and should be blocked for the frequency that they are assigned. Better?

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]

No discussion. They should not be done because they are slow, have crappy drops and are exp waste.

PM me in game anytime

No discussion. They should not be done because they are slow, have crappy drops and are exp waste.

Unless, of course, you enjoy the exp waste they provide.

[hide]

[/hide]

If you really insist on doing Spiritual Mages (I do, just because I like the task, and don't care so much about the efficiency of exp gain)...

Depending on your stats, this should be more than enough.

Full Slayer Helm

Amulet of Fury

Pros Top

Pros Bottom

Zamorak Arrow

Soul Wars Cape

Chaotic Rapier/LS or Whip if you don't have those.

Falador Shield (free recharge).

Bandos or Dragon Boots

Barrows Gloves

Your favorite ring.

Bring a set of extremes, holy wrench, your favorite combat familiar if you want, and 5-7 prayer potions, depending on your prayer level, and the number you have in your task.

Ddef is more useful than the fally shield's prayer restore. Keep the fally shield in the inventory if you insist on using it

[hide]

[/hide]

Also dragon boots > bandos boots. Berzerker ring i > berzerker ring.

PM me in game anytime

thanks for all the replies!!!

i do insist on doing the task at least once to see how it is, so thanks for all the advice everyone!

if they do prove to be horible exp (even with piety and extremes) then i'll skip/block.

again thanks for the help :)

De_Toke.png
max.png