People killing runecrafters

Robert_R

Man, this feels like a rant from 2007.

Anyway, I highly recommend that you get out some mage gear and farcast them till they decide it's not worth camping out for your glory. Historically, abyss PKers are wimps. They run as soon as you fight back, and they won't like being barraged. You don't need to risk a bunch of gear or anything - just annoy them till they leave. IMO, that'll break up the monotony of RCing quite nicely.

How I wish those times were still there...

Evading rc pkers was my favourite hobby (gained 91 rc somewhere at fall 2007). Really rc pkers made rcing the least monotonous skill, and it actually made me proud be capable to train this skill quickly. With zmi, graahk and whetever else rcing has just become another boring click-fest skill.

Wish all skills were like old abbys rcing.

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It happened once and I was mad.... Never said I give up on it/hate it entirely. I know the risk please tell me when I said I don't understand the risk and that I don't think it's worth it. Go ahead please point out where I clearly said that. In the 12ish hours I've been making bloods that's the first time. I usually make them in a full world because people are busy killing people who actually have stuff on them. I just decided for some unknown reason to try a semi-empty world hoping for less lag. Way to read way too much into me posting a rant being mad because I got pked for no reason.

I didn't post a rant to start a debate on whether or not I think it's not worth it or what methods are better or if I should play some stupid mini-game or about how I should hop worlds.

That is all.

You posted a rant because you do not like the risk Jagex added to the method of training you wish to do. If you do not find the risk worth the reward then do not use that method. If you do, stop crying and do it.

zerker_jane.png

99 farm easy

I find it difficult to kill rcers because my combat level is so high.

It's a shame every high level player is an efficiency freak and always uses ZMI.

It took a while but I managed to find lvl 120 f2p cmb in wild.

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

Ok point taken. There are people who enjoy being spanked

I'd like to point out that in the world of sex, spanking isn't an oddity.

I love how on-topic this is.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

RC PKing is fun.

Rofl

@TC: Use a foreign server or a 1500+ TL world. Cuts down the number of young teenage hormonal pkers.

I love how off-topic your statement is.

RC PKing is fun.

Rofl

@TC: Use a foreign server or a 1500+ TL world. Cuts down the number of young teenage hormonal pkers.

I love how off-topic your statement is.

paradox.

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

I feel like some people will do things like this because their reward is the other player's frustration. :thumbdown:

Come support my max total goal here.

Briobe122's 10-step guide to staking:

1. Get cleaned

2. Vow to never stake ever again! (very important)

3. welfare tds and get claws

4. kill glacors til i get boots

5. bandos ffa or more tds til i have around 50m

6. realize that it is far too hard to rebuild using steps 3, 4, and 5

7. give up the vow to never stake again

8. go back staking and make your bank back

9. if you failed at step #8, Go back to step #1

10. if you succeed at step #8, you will eventually feel the need to make money for rich people stuff, have a bad day of staking, then get cleaned anyways

Pain is just weakness leaving the body.

I feel like some people will do things like this because their reward is the other player's frustration. :thumbdown:

orly? because I'm pretty sure almost everyone in this whole thead will agree with you.

I can understand the frustration involved in this, I have been through it before but believe me soon you will have a blast trying to evade these wannabe pkers. Plus I agree with the guy saying that they are wimps, often they come to kill you because they are unable to kill anyone else. When you gear up and go after them, they high-tail it out of there.

I think it has probably become a little difficult to run away because of craziness of the newer spec weapons but just make sure to carry a one click tele at all times.

orly? because I'm pretty sure almost everyone in this whole thead will agree with you.

I only read the first couple of posts so I don't know what people have been having so far.

Too many people enjoy other's suffering.

Come support my max total goal here.

Briobe122's 10-step guide to staking:

1. Get cleaned

2. Vow to never stake ever again! (very important)

3. welfare tds and get claws

4. kill glacors til i get boots

5. bandos ffa or more tds til i have around 50m

6. realize that it is far too hard to rebuild using steps 3, 4, and 5

7. give up the vow to never stake again

8. go back staking and make your bank back

9. if you failed at step #8, Go back to step #1

10. if you succeed at step #8, you will eventually feel the need to make money for rich people stuff, have a bad day of staking, then get cleaned anyways

Pain is just weakness leaving the body.

I can understand the frustration involved in this, I have been through it before but believe me soon you will have a blast trying to evade these wannabe pkers. Plus I agree with the guy saying that they are wimps, often they come to kill you because they are unable to kill anyone else. When you gear up and go after them, they high-tail it out of there.

I think it has probably become a little difficult to run away because of craziness of the newer spec weapons but just make sure to carry a one click tele at all times.

I do it because I'm not interested in fighting others. People who were geared there I fought also, but for me just killing them like that is fun.

sig2-3.jpg

Good luck with that homework then.

Okay, I'll take the high road. How is pking childish?

Because by and large it's not about training a skill, or gaining money/items. It's about making someone else's experience a crappy one and enjoying doing so. Look at the topic...pkilling people doing runcrafting runs...WTF do you get? A bunch of rune essence?

C'mon.... :roll:

Because by and large it's not about training a skill, or gaining money/items. It's about making someone else's experience a crappy one and enjoying doing so. Look at the topic...pkilling people doing runcrafting runs...WTF do you get? A bunch of rune essence?

Pking is usually done when two people are fighting, so I guess you have no idea what you're talking about.

Abbys pking is just killing runecrafters, which I do. It's about me killing bots and the occasional person. I 3 hit someone for 50k worth of loot easily. I've had 2 kills that totaled for 400k, and none of them below 50k. Also made some guy lose adze :XD . I don't care what you think, I find it fun. And that's usually the only reason one should play a game.

EDIT: kill.png

Decent fun cash.

sig2-3.jpg

[hide]

[/hide]

One would argue that you do actually gain money/items. And besides, if only things that gain money/items/skill xp count as "not being childish" do you find CWars players childish? People who like to chill with friends? (As an aside, youd also argue that killing people does actually give xp, albeit not much).

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER