You've Got to be Farming Kidding Me!!!

Wessan

I have pretty much been just farming herbs for the past week rather than anything else. I am not focused on levelling farming at any good rate, I just like the money from my snapdragons at the moment.

Anyway, did a herb run to collect from my 5 patches this evening and this was my yield:

- 1 Dead plant at Mort Myre

- 3 Diseased plants at Falador, Ardounge, and Catherby

- 3 Snapdragon herbs from the one patch I am guaranteed disease free thanks to My Arm

This is a yield from using supercompost on all patches necessary (meaning all but Troll Stronghold), and going to Edgeville while it all grows to smelt some gold. WTF Runescape.

Feel free to post your own farming luck (or lack thereof).

wessan.png

You should put supercompost on My Arm's regardless, increases yield further.

This is true. Also use jujus if you have them, and Magic secateurs should be a must as they're pretty easy to obtain, and increase the by 10%. Besides that, it's just bad luck.

Hexiled Razz. Player since March 8th, 2005.

I had terrible luck with herbs today.

First run- 1 dead patch

Second run- 2 dead patches

Third run- 2 dead patches

Fourth run- 3 dead patches

8/20 patches dead. 8/16 if you don't count trollhiem patch because it doesn't die.

What is this bs?

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]

I had a 68 torstol run and a 56 torstol+2 seed run today. umad?

you could just have cured the 3 patches and lost nothing and you should be composting my arms, seems like a personal problem

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

I swear after 99 farming my number of herbs went down. 80-99 farming I never had all my patches die. After 99, it happened 2 times, kinda sad to say the least. So I know what your talking about.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Yesterday while on a run I ran upon a diseased patch (Catherby). I cured it, saving my ass a torstol seed. The next run I run back only to find it dead. :thumbdown:

S2buxtG.png

I had a 68 torstol run and a 56 torstol+2 seed run today. umad?

you could just have cured the 3 patches and lost nothing and you should be composting my arms, seems like a personal problem

Of course I cured the patches, just sucks to have 3 diseased in one go around. Good run on your torstols.

Yesterday while on a run I ran upon a diseased patch (Catherby). I cured it, saving my ass a torstol seed. The next run I run back only to find it dead. :thumbdown:

That is terrible luck. I had a snapdragon patch in Falador get diseased twice with the same plant in it, thankfully caught it both times.

wessan.png

yes, as said before, I HIGHLY req getting

Juju potions + magic secateurs + remote farming, my patches never die

and yes if it lives and you have super-composted it the min u can get is 5.

normal compost i believe is minimum of 3 but not sure as i always use super

personal record with torstols is 76

i don't play psykick anymore... i play 2ed: "pure fett"

26081 to get 99 herblore

Ive recently farmed 4k herbs doing several runs per day, from the trneds ive seen on average (this is over like 600 seeds) with super compost and magic seceteurs, you get 6 herbs per patch, some days you will have terrible runs (20ish herbs) other days you will have huge runs (62 is my current record). Just stick with it and over time it will average out.

I really think the problem here is (I'm pretty sure) farming level has little to no effect on plant yield. I remember reading a thread on rsof with a large amount of tests at different levels confirming this but I'm not 100% sure (This was at least a year ago and I can't find the thread anymore). I definitely haven't noticed any difference in yield over the course of 85-97 farming on purely herbs.

I really think the problem here is (I'm pretty sure) farming level has little to no effect on plant yield. I remember reading a thread on rsof with a large amount of tests at different levels confirming this but I'm not 100% sure (This was at least a year ago and I can't find the thread anymore). I definitely haven't noticed any difference in yield over the course of 85-97 farming on purely herbs.

That should be the way it goes. I dont think it should be a huge difference like a guaranteed +1 for each level, but maybe an extra herb per 5-7 levels.

The most annoying farming thing [...] were the timers, when fruit trees which take 14.5 hours weren't done after 20+. >.<

Agreed

I would like to report that I havent had such terrible luck lately, nothing like my original post yield, thankfully.

wessan.png

That should be the way it goes. I dont think it should be a huge difference like a guaranteed +1 for each level, but maybe an extra herb per 5-7 levels.

The most annoying farming thing [...] were the timers, when fruit trees which take 14.5 hours weren't done after 20+. >.<

Agreed

I would like to report that I havent had such terrible luck lately, nothing like my original post yield, thankfully.

I was thinking more along the lines of +1% every level after the required level to farm the herb up to 20%. Seems reasonable, not ground breaking but still nicer than no bonus at all for having a higher level. It would actually give people an incentive to train it past 85. If you don't take into account juju potions I think the average is about 7 herbs per seed which at 20% bonus would only be a 1.4 herb average increase. 7 herb average increase per run doing 5 seeds at 20 levels higher than the required level to farm the herb. That would make the max average for torstols only 14% too so it's nothing major.

That sounds reasonable. I was thinking along the lines of 1-99, every 5 levels gives +1% so that would lead to an overall 20%.

Your way sounds good too. I hate the "7" average because Ive been getting about 6 average lately. I know "get jujus", but that is not my focus at the moment and the 6 I get covers and exceeds my costs so I am not particularly worried about it.

wessan.png