RS RWT with "Legal" RWT Games

jjjon123

RS RWT isn't illegal, and that's where your argument crumbles down.

We all know what he ment by illegal, so please don't spam a thread, with potential discussion value, with comments such as those.

On a much different note, RWT is against the rules for sure, so is botting. Which is the bigger problem? That's debatable to the end of time. There isn't anything JaGex can really do since it is just certain players breaking the rules on a much different game. Steam should not have to watch over their players breaking rules on other games; I'm sure they have their own problems. It's Jagex's duty to monitor their players and ban accordingly. The responsibility lies with JaGex and the other gaming does not need to care in the slightest.

EXCEPT HE'S IS RIGHT...HERP DERP? The point is Valve is in not danger of litigation because its not illegal, and people can buy TF2 stuff to trade for RS stuff, thus benefiting valve. Why should they care? Jagex doesn't do jack [cabbage] anyway. Just because you don't like a position M_S don't call it spam...

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, hackers would just leave accounts logged in to troll people and that would cause extra confusion and trouble on Jagex' behalf, most likely they would have to refund a buttload of money.

And when has it been since Jagex refunded money because of hackers? :rolleyes:

I think Jagex needs to man up a little bit and take control of botting. That should eliminate a good portion of everything.

Easier said than done. Although the given solution seems obvious (You can tell who bots and who doesn't) It will be very hard to execute this properly without ANY traces of flaws.

Jagex can't just decide and ban everyone who has messy names, or wears the signature "botting" outfit at green dragons. You may be able to ban a large portion of botting, but at the cost

of banning legitimate players who happened to act identical to bots. This will yield lots of complaints and I hardly doubt Jagex will want any of that more than the botting itself.

Aren't TF2 items virtual items too? So would this really be considered "RWT"?

I'm not sure of Jagex's stance on RWT anymore. Is it the unfair advantage to rich players they don't want, or more about the scams and credit card fraud? And would trading for items in other games go against those ideals? I suppose if people are buying TF2 items for real money, then trading those TF2 items for RS items, it's essentially like paying money for the RS items in the first place...

P.S. Are people really arguing on the definition of "legal" again? Something is illegal if it breaks a rule, it doesn't mean something that can get you in trouble and thrown in jail. If I make an "illegal move" in chess, do the police show up and drag me into prison?

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

I suppose if people are buying TF2 items for real money, then trading those TF2 items for RS items, it's essentially like paying money for the RS items in the first place...

You mean like the ornate katana and the loyalty rewards?

Well, Jagex keeps saying that they're supposed to be things on the side that you receive while paying for your membership.

But I see your mind is pretty much made up :P

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

I suppose if people are buying TF2 items for real money, then trading those TF2 items for RS items, it's essentially like paying money for the RS items in the first place...

The Ornate Katana fair enough, loyalty rewards are slightly different though. Katana was a buy this special card deal. Loyalty rewards are offered to all who buy membership however they pay, a bit like well any members content when you think about it.

To be fair, by that definition, Jagex has always done RWT by allowing people to pay for membership. That's happened since... 2002? Yet people are complaining about it now? Random guess for date so I'm probably wrong, but my point still stands.

The ornate katana wasn't something I agreed with because it's different than a benefit offered by members - more so the fact that you buy a card at a certain store at a certain time..., but the loyalty points are pretty much given through membership anyway (through any payment method), so in addition to the extra quests/mini-games/items etc that you can get through members, you get other items as well.

To answer the question, RWT is defined as anything in-game being exchanged for something out of game, so the whole premise of it being worth real world money doesn't necessarily need to apply.

j0xPu5R.png

Since they stole credit cards to fund stolen accounts. Pretty common knowledge. :thumbup:

Except they wouldn't have to steal credit cards, if people started getting automatically billed for the amount of time played per month.

Also, hackers would just leave accounts logged in to troll people and that would cause extra confusion and trouble on Jagex' behalf, most likely they would have to refund a buttload of money.

It helps when you actually know what you are talking about when you post...

http://www.runescape.com/kbase/guid/diary06

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]