Investigating the Wise Old Man

KCHughes

I could give a fiddelers fart weather we ever solve this or not.

What an odd way of putting it. I agree, though.

ooo, I saw Woms Spy again the other day. He was just standing in Draynor. I said hi and all he said was "Text not found" or something like that...weird?

7,436th to 99 fishing on July 13, 2008

[hide=Quotes that I lol'd at]

the day the fantastic four come into runescape, i will eat my socks.

what kind of topic is this. ihaven't read it yet

but i now it must be stupid.

[/hide]

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Fiddelers fart" could be considered something of a local expresion, im not sure if its used else where in the world.

Now, i'm done my varrock investigation and as interesting as I think some of this is, it's not teribly relevent or ground breaking (it wont change our theories) but its a good read none the less. And i'll be trying my hand at the hide code.

To start with, I think I found what could be the kings house out side the castle, and like his room in the castle (which I wilol get to) it is closly linked to the wizzard tower in weird ways.

[hide=Click to see picture] lowerfloorry4.png [/hide]

I have highlited certain elements that are intesting.

The windows are identicle (ie the curtains) to those found in the castle on the second floor surrounding the cortyard (in other places to im sure, but i forgot to rember). The swod/sheilds on the wall. That is the symbol for misthalin BUT in the colours of the symbol of varrock. (I shall call it the varrock symbol of misthalin). The chairs are also identicle to some of those found in the castle. And notice how gold and royale looking everything is? I took these pictures and gussed the rooms purpose before investigating the castle if your interested.

Now Upstairs

[hide=Click to see picture]

upperfloorzl2.png

[/hide]

This is the part of the house I origanlyu found interesting. The bed, identicle to teh one in the basment of the wizzards tower has the same examine"fit for a king". Notice the portaits of the king on the wall (examine confirms picture of king, presumably of varrock). And now the table, also identicle to the one in the basement of the wizards tower. Hmmm... Also there is a door into the wall, in theory there would be another exit from the wall into the castle grounds, and me theroy on the intended resident of this house would assume there is a way into the house from the wall(though jagex was not nice enough to give us another door and stairs for a second exit point <.< )

Now for the kings room in the castle

[hide=Click here for picture]

kingsroomxx3.png

[/hide]

I would quickly draw your attention to the bed, and the table. These can aparentyly be found in close proximaty at any residence of the king (so we know of 3 places he stays). I would guess with this new evidence that we were right way back when we though the king occasionaly stayed at the wizards tower, it just took a long time to prove.

Now we all know the blood stains in draynor manor. Check this out.

[hide=Click here for picture]

interestingsymbolhu5.png

[/hide]

either we were still right and there just blood stains (in this case someone attacked by that bear) or possibly the symbol of death. (im not sure what we currently belive the wave symbol means).

Thats it, hope you like it because I did cheack the whole city, although it was a waste, the rest of the city is quite boring.

Nice job Randox! I think that there are other such places in the members world too, especially Ardougne/Yanille

Have you checked Falador?

pre2asoldierofthekingce8.png

I'll show you how terrifying a true Christian can be!

It's Xewleer: ZEW le ar, got it memorized?

Hermit of the Varrock Library and its proud guard.

Ok since im done so early i'll do falador next, but not right now. I forgot to mention, the ruins in the southern varrock wall suggest the city was once larger.

KCHughes, do you find it odd that Mortimer and the Wise Old Man both have gold/gold coloured telescopes pointing out of windows directly into the heart of the town/village...? :P

I completely missed that. You've got quite an eye, amigo.

@ Trobi: A fallen S symbol, is that like the squigle symbol on the Guthix Platebodies?

@ Randox: Wow, excellent findings. Now we have an eerie link between the king and the tower basement, rather than just speculation like before. It's the same 4 poster bed, which is pretty rare in Runescape. The only difference is the color of the beds.

the russians are the best! Hands down!
Womzoomed-1.gif

No KC, its more like a flame going upward. Go to RUnehq's god page, its got all the symbols for the gods there.

Also, that table thing Randox noted is in a restaurant in Yanille.

Wow, nice job randox, you certainly did your homework. You deserve a really big delicious cookie, like the kind they sometimes serve at the mall. Mmmmm. Cookies.

[/hide]

You are not funny. You are immature and are only serving to get this post locked for spam, and thus ruining the combined efforts of several dozen hard-working individuals. So shut up now.

Womzoomed-1.gif

Stop spamming this forum topic! Its really annoying, I'm, gonna go round and report them!

Anyway, confirming, there are tables like the ones in the king's place in Yanille, and also there is a similar bed in a Yanille house, unless I am mistaken.

Edit: reported!

Ok, i'm almost done the Falador investigation. It's interesting to say the least, and I may have found the kings house! All this comming up in between 10 and 12 hours, maby less. And this time there are many more pictures, I went camera happy! Good night all!

Dude151515, do not make quote pyramids, that is regarded as spam and will be dealt with accordingly. Your posts have been edited and I advise you leave them that way. Further spam may lead to temporary bans, you've had your warning.

As a request to everyone else please only quote the last 2-4 posts to keep the thread clean and to save everyone the trouble of having to scroll down so much.

Thanks,

~Philip

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

Thank you very much Randox, we will await your pictures!

Also, I think I saw the same table in an inn in Ardougne.

I wonder, I think that the tables aren't important, unless put with something, i.e. the bed,

(Thank you Phillip Kolar.)

either we were still right and there just blood stains (in this case someone attacked by that bear) or possibly the symbol of death. (im not sure what we currently belive the wave symbol means).

Thats it, hope you like it because I did cheack the whole city, although it was a waste, the rest of the city is quite boring.

Well they're claw marks, not blood stains. I think I said that about the "In Aid Of The Myreque" quest, the book said: "And we made claw marks in front of the tomb of Ivandis, to make it look like a nest of some beast, to keep grave robbers away..." the claw marks were those red waves. So I guess the bear has been clawing the walls, in an attempt to get out.

I think the wave symbol is pestilence, since we connected Pestilence - Smoke and the Smokey Well in west-side of Pollivneach is the place to get the Smoke Diamond in Desert Treasure, and if you play on high-detail mode you'll see those waves in the screen.

Good job with those pictures Randox!

I completely missed that. You've got quite an eye, amigo.

Actually, I had a look in high detail, and the telescope appears to be just missing the wall of the bank. However, it does appear that the telescope points at the bank- El Paso, anyone? So, is the WOM Mortimer or Indio? :P Oh, and another thing- in Once Upon a Time in the West there is a character who is sort of like a villain called Morton. Now, in Morytania there is a town called Mort'ton. Another odd thing is that he suffers from tuberculosis I believe.

@ Randox: Wow, excellent findings. Now we have an eerie link between the king and the tower basement, rather than just speculation like before. It's the same 4 poster bed, which is pretty rare in Runescape. The only difference is the color of the beds.

That would indicate that Opus Saradomin could be very active. This could explain why the wizards seem to have no true god- they could be turning to Zamorak but Opus Saradomin might be putting the odd Saradominist object here and there to try and keep all the wizards sticking with Saradomin. Another bit of fuel to the fire to ignite the second God War.

For this investigation, I have turned up slightly less substantial facts or therories, but I have compensated with alot of pictures (10). But first I will hnor the npc's that kept me going with there humor, the first one is a man in a small house:

Me: Hello.

Man: What are you doing in my house?

Me: I was just exploring.

Man: Your exploring my house?

Me: You don't mind, do you?

Man: But... why are you exploring in my house?

Me: Oh, I don't know. I wandered in, saw you and thought it'd be fun to speek with you.

Man: ... you are veary strange...

Me: Perhaps I shoujld go now.

Man: Yes, please go away now.

Ok, i'll do the other conversatin now, the woman is the 'owner' of the house I belive may belong or belonged to the king.

Me: Hello.

Woman: Oh? What are you doing here?

Me: Just wandering around. You don't mind do you?

Woman: Wandering around? Veary well, I suppose the lower classes must entertain themselves somehow. But keep your hands off the furniture.

Me: I wasen't going to touch your rotten furniture!

Womna: Rotton, I'll have you know all the furniture in my mansion was desined by the finest artisians and crafters!

Me: Bah! It's a pitty they didn't design your personality too!

Woman: Why, you insolent PEASANT!

(woman attacks me, I kill here)

Ok. I started in the castle this time, and like varrock it's way more interesting than the city. Now these first 2 pictures I have brought up before, but here we are again for the sake of completion.

[hide=Click for first 2 pictures]

entranceps1.png

symbolsca8.png

[/hide]

The purpose of those 2 pictures is to highlight that the white knights are saradominest, or atleast they were when they built the castle. These is to keep you guys from coming up with crackpot theories about them being zamakorians or something.

Now, for the first bllod marks I saw (*but not the last :ohnoes: )

bloodmarksdz1.png

[/hide]

Now, you guys have beaten it into my head that the blood marks are of no relation to the standing stones. Ok I belive you, but as they are a strange mark I still feel it is important to note them.

Now the toruture chamber and a gnome ambasadore

[hide=click to see picture]

ambasidorandtorturezl5.png

[/hide]

So those are just showing you. Again lots of blood marks, suits the setting perfectly.

Now I got thinking, even if the king isent here, he should have a room. Guess what, there isent one. The next picture is Sir Vivyens(sp?) room.

[hide=click to see picture]

bedroomci1.png

[/hide]

The examine is something like "nicest bed iv'e seen in a while". Its the nicest bed in the castle. Now sir vivyen says something really interesting. "The white knights are healping the king because he is getting old and tired" or veary close to that. Now, this is possibly the MOST IMPORTANT PART of the investigation of Faladore. The way he says it means something. That is what you say when you are taking over, and then tell people the king is old and needs healp. I belive it is now intirly possible that the white knights have sized power, and wish to keep the royale family out of falador.

Now there is one other place that people sleep in the castle, but I think you'll agree it could not posssibly be the kings room.

[hide=Click for picture]

bedroomandkitchenjf5.png

[/hide]

Ok, I have 2 more pictures to show you of the city before we move on to the mansion.

shopsymbolae1.png

[/hide]

These are the same symbol windows that are in the castle, worth a small mention.

Now the mansion. Something that caught my intest here is the table, that same one linked with the varrock king. But I belive that the table only means something in the presence of something esle (in the case of the ones found at the king of varrocks residence the bed).

So here are the pictures of the mansion.

[hide=Click for mansion pics]

[hide=ground floor]

thetablezt3.png

[/hide]

[hide=second floor bathroom]

thebathroomqa1.png

[/hide]

[hide=top floor - bedroom]

thebedroominmansionao6.png

[/hide]

[/hide]

I can't say I have any proof that this is the kigs place, btu I still belive it could have belonged to him at one time, and either the woman on the ground floor bought it (maby the white knights sold it) or she is his wife in desguise or something. Still it is clear that he is not living there now, if he ever was. The oly hard evidence I have linking the house to the castle is the suits of armour in the bedroom (thats what my charecter is refering to in the picture)

Now, something that is possibly interesting. The saridomin/misthalin banner is nowhere to be found in the city...there is also no alter of anykind, not a veary religous place in practise, only in symbol.

And I think thats it, Ihope this is not crap compared to my varrock investigation which was apparently way better than I gave myself credit for (thank you all for all the good jobs I have recived, it's always nice to know you guys appriciate my work :D ) I might do a short lumbrige one somtime, at this rate I'll do the whole F2P world in about a month :ohnoes:

I guess those beds are reserved only for the wealthy and the powerful. Seridor has one too, I think.

Malignus Mortifier once said that the wizards in the tower used to be completely Saradominists and didn't want to open the tower up to Zamorak mages. That was one of the reasons that the first tower got burnt down. Maybe the wizards are a little more tolerant, since they've let Grayzag in. Maybe the monarchs don't like "tolerance" too much.

Womzoomed-1.gif

Once again randox, you astound me.

Yesterday, The Woms Spy messaged me :ohnoes: .

I was too shocked to take any screenshots. He/She said something about killing us all unless we join WOM in his quest for power.

And then I looked a few pages back and saw that King Wenlock confessed to being The Woms Spy, so I stopped worrying so much :P .

[/hide]

Why don't these RuneScape people ever lock up their houses? Make a lot more sense.

Also in Varrock, some of the doors on the City Wall's are unopenable, they don't lead anywhere, but it's worth a mention.