Investigating the Wise Old Man

KCHughes

I didnt do the investigation today, but I dont think any of you cared nayway so...

I might get to it tommarow, and nice sig + avatar zweeler. Maby i'll play around with the cordinates later on. I guesse were all waiting for the history update.

Thanks, its by 4bejue... I forget how to spell his name, he's very good.

Anyway, I think that you're right, that'll definitely give us something to work on.

pre2asoldierofthekingce8.png

I'll show you how terrifying a true Christian can be!

It's Xewleer: ZEW le ar, got it memorized?

Hermit of the Varrock Library and its proud guard.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just dropped by to ask if I should post pics of my RS history books here. What do you guys think?

Just make sure you use the hide code.

[hide=(Title you want here)]

(image%20url%20here)

[/hide]

It's just easyer on everyone that way :D

Just dropped by to ask if I should post pics of my RS history books here. What do you guys think?

Just make sure you use the hide code.

[hide=(Title you want here)]

(image%20url%20here)

[/hide]

It's just easyer on everyone that way :D

Meh, post the code again, too lazy to search for it. But not now. I got 80 thieving to get.

Did that wrong, so here it is.

[hide=(title you want here)]

Now write whatever you want to be hiden. Text or

[img=(url to image here)]

[/hide]

i broke the code!!

its the letters

it turns out at 345 > 678

making a cross right on top od the mage guild

the other co-ordanate

186 > 976

points to the zammy mages there is a conection!

Care to explain?

the russians are the best! Hands down!
Womzoomed-1.gif

I should be able to get back to investigating on monday or tuesday, but theres no rush as I see it. I'll post before than if only to comment, I havent come up with any ground breaking plot ideas (that directly relate to WOM) that i rember, but theres always a chance i suppose...

but im wondering, would WOM be seeking assistance from all the towers he is aiming for, or is he going to demolish themall so he thinks that he conquered all magic and using it for bad deeds... :-k

anyways, after the robbery, its been months (maybe years) and that banker is still up on the tree, when is he going to get down? :-s

1150+ total, 151 questpoints and 76 combat.. is it good? Plz pm me for your thoughts.

untitled6kv7.gif

Join the campaign for more F2P Bank space!

I don't know when He'll come down, its just like the WOM, when's he gonna move?

hey, has anyone thought about whether the WOM's not already a god and just buying his time to reveal his ultimate plan?

Hey everyone. I haven't been on in a few days, my computer broke and now I have to use my sister's.

I got my membership renewed today, so I can investigate Ardougne and interrogate the citizens if you guys want me to. I was thinking maybe I would look around there tomorrow. I'm not sure if my sister will let me save any pictures though.

7,436th to 99 fishing on July 13, 2008

[hide=Quotes that I lol'd at]

the day the fantastic four come into runescape, i will eat my socks.

what kind of topic is this. ihaven't read it yet

but i now it must be stupid.

[/hide]

hey, has anyone thought about whether the WOM's not already a god and just buying his time to reveal his ultimate plan?

bob the cat = Zaros (check one of his chat things, tis actually true)

so maybe WOM = Armadyl

just an idea... :-k

Sig.jpg

I figured out that he wanted to raid the wizard tower so he can mage everybody with stolen runes....

Well, we at least know that he needs runes, He is a very accomplished mage so... Also, he might want to alch stuff. Hmmm... Does anyone know who the Sphinx is allied to god-wise? Because I remember the WOM really hating the Sphinx, I recall Zaros deposed Icthlarin. So he would have great animosity towards Icthlarin. So Icthlarin would/might/could be able to go an equal round with Zaros.

Also, we had a run of thought a while back that the WOM is connected to Zaros/was Zaros. What if he had a connection to him, by his desire for godhood! (I believe we talked about that too!) and BY proxy, what if the WOM has an idea that Icthlarin might spoil his plans.

Thats my two cents for now. Opinions?

soo...you want how much damage he did to the wall? the wall is an inatimate object, and therefore, you hit it hard, it go BLAMMO! If you dont hit it hard, it just weakens it/does nothing at all.

sigs_misc_025.gif

Since this seems to be the page for useless/obvious/already pointed out information, I'll post the coordinates KC asked soon. Also I know the perfect thing to mess with you people, stay tuned. :twisted:

The sphinx is the enemy of the devouror, and I havent checked this but I think that would ally the sphinx with Icthlarian.

I also just looked at the post date for this thred, hard to belive its a year old, or am I mistaken?

Hey all. Good news, my computer is fixed, and I'll be doing that investigation of Ardougne soon..I just have to reinstall some things. I did look around a bit, and found some interesting things to look into when I do the real investigation. I'll do both East and West Ardougne.

[/hide]

bob the cat = Zaros (check one of his chat things, tis actually true)

so maybe WOM = Armadyl

just an idea... :-k

if bob is zaros (which i believe), that would make evil bob, Armadyl (which makes sense because evil bob would be the OPPOSITE of evil, since he lives in scaperune.

?r=191108

image.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.png

Currently will be using my Oni Tsurugi account to attempt to get 99 on all free skills without spending any gp, just for the sake of doing so.

I didn't do much today, but I got some accomplished, I figured I'd show ya ahead of time. I took some pictures around the castle..

[hide=Screenshot 1]

This is just a picture taken in the castle..

2aj3ptl.jpg

[/hide]

[hide=Screenshot 2]

a picture of the King's throne room

30bpz6p.jpg

[/hide]

[hide=Standards]

Seem similar to you?

2nkp15x.jpg

4ftokm1.jpg

[/hide]

[hide=Rugs]

Some of those weird rugs found around the castle

315z6tl.jpg

30cu8va.jpg

[/hide]

[/hide]

Black Saradomin again. I wonder if different groups/sects within Saradominism carry different-coloured symbols of Saradomin. Do you think that, regionally in Gielinor, there are different denominations of Saradominism? For instance, Lumbridge and Ardougne could carry the same denomination, and therefore have the same Black Saradomin symbols. Yay or nay? Could therebe a schism in the Saradominist Church? Heh, Schism...

Or it could be the Opus Saradomin symbol, you never know. Just throwing out some ideas. :-k

the russians are the best! Hands down!
Womzoomed-1.gif

Black Saradomin again. I wonder if different groups/sects within Saradominism carry different-coloured symbols of Saradomin. Do you think that, regionally in Gielinor, there are different denominations of Saradominism? For instance, Lumbridge and Ardougne could carry the same denomination, and therefore have the same Black Saradomin symbols. Yay or nay? Could therebe a schism in the Saradominist Church? Heh, Schism...

Or it could be the Opus Saradomin symbol, you never know. Just throwing out some ideas. :-k

And good ideas they are. I for one really like the idea of different denominations of the religions, or different sects (whatever floats your boat). And Schism...as in miss schisim... going by what I belive that word means I finaly understand her name a bit more. Shes trying to split draynore apart (againt the WOM) but I really don't know if shes on our side (are we against the WOM?)

Oh and I might cruise through draynor, with the promise I wont write about it if theres nothing there, makes my life easyer anyway.

Please dont mind the double post, but my investigations have always been done in a seprate post.

Investigation of Al-Kharid

By: Randox

I'm gonna try an index, it might be usfull :shock:

1.1 - Forword

2.1 - Scimitar shop

2.2 - Sahnty Jail

2.3 - Palace

2.4 - symbol collage

3.1 - conclusion

Ok, be forwarned that this is actualy quite interesting, way more so than the one about Port Sarim....and if you guys are into symbol-ology(the hyphes so you can read the word I made up :D )you will love this.

Actualy anyone who knows anything about egiptian symbols (I have something around my room that would allow me to translate hyroglyphs that are letters) should have a look. If this place were re-named it would likely be Egyiptville. I tried to cut down on the phots, but I cant cut back to the level I had for varrock. Also there is a tablet, I tried to highlight some of the symbols, and as you will see one is definatly NOT even related to egyiptian, more on that later.

2.1 Images

[hide=symbols in the scimmitar shop]

separatesymbolsdk0.png

symbols2lo6.png

[/hide]

I actualy talk more about these later on. But the scimmitar shop was a main source of symbols along with the palace.

[hide=Symbol on the Shanty Jail]

symboljailbb1.png

[/hide]

[hide=palace pics]

statuesok6.png

symbols3vy8.png

throneau0.png

[/hide]

That throne is interesting. That is the sybol of asgarnia which closely resembles the quest symbol.(as of now confirmed)

[hide=symbols and highlighting]

allthesymbolssw8.png

[/hide]

As you can see from what I wrote in the picture, the to symbol tablets are identicle, but one is upside down (I belive the lighter coloured one). I tried to highligh some of the symbls, but the shading that was done makes the symbols hard to pick out when you zoom in, so I did the ones I could make out without zooming. I would call your attention to the bigest highlighted one, which looks like a banner with the symbol of saridomin on it, kinda neat at the least.

I will atempt to find pictures of the symbols that I can make out on the tablets and post them here, especily if any have some meaning. This might be awhile so I wont be posting the symbols (if I find any) soon.

Hope you enjoyed this smaller investigation.

2.1 Images

[hide=symbols in the scimmitar shop]

symbols2lo6.png

[/hide]

The Eye of Horus clearly. Offers protection (off to find more information).

[hide=Symbol on the Shanty Jail]

symboljailbb1.png

[/hide]

The ankh, a symbol of life. It also symbolises fertility and rebirth. It was later adopted by Christians and altered slightly to give a symbol for the resurrection of Christ (rebirth).

Haven't a clue about the others- perhaps Darkluniux can help us out? Thanks for the images by the way- I'm particulary interested in the appearance of the ankh. Shantay Pass leads into the desert doesn't it? And doesn't Ichthlarin (spelling?) have dominance mainly over the desert? And isn't he the god of death? This is interesting- it seems as though the ankh is showing the border between life and death. Hence why I think we might find that little eye symbol somewhere in the desert. Also, the ankh being so similar to the cross seems to be linked somewhat to Christianity, and likely the apocalypse.