Anyone else having...

Lady_Taverson

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't load up for love nor money. Been having some issues for days but I can't log in at all now, neither through the RS client or the official website. It either whitescreens, or gets stuck on the "Checking for updates" bar. I figure if I keep loading I will eventually get lucky enough to be put onto a non-UK server. I've cleared the cache, reolading the browser and everything. I've also been having problems with Tip.It, both the main site and the forums. The banner loads up fine, the rest of the page stakes a good while to load up.

EDIT: After trying and trying, I've eventually logged in. Just keep plugging away, it'll happen eventually.

Edited by Ginger_Warrior

I can't load up for love nor money. Been having some issues for days but I can't log in at all now, neither through the RS client or the official website. It either whitescreens, or gets stuck on the "Checking for updates" bar. I figure if I keep loading I will eventually get lucky enough to be put onto a non-UK server. I've cleared the cache, reolading the browser and everything. I've also been having problems with Tip.It, both the main site and the forums. The banner loads up fine, the rest of the page stakes a good while to load up.

EDIT: After trying and trying, I've eventually logged in. Just keep plugging away, it'll happen eventually.

Exactly the same here. I keep trying different browsers, Chrome seems to be the one that eventually gets through.

I also clear all caches and relaunch browser and before anyone says, it's not my ISP because I'm logging into other sites like Ebay and Amazon with no trouble. I'm even streaming music.

WTF is going on??

Rozanante.png

Rozanante.png

Still the proud owner of Quest Cape since 8th December 2007

All skills used to be 70 or higher. (Dang you Dungeoneering. Oh wait, it's not a skill...)

Drops: Whips 8, Black Mask 8, D/Skirt 1, D/Spear 1, D/Shield Left Half 1, D/Boots 12, G/Maul 4, Range Ammy 1, Hexcrest 1.

Exactly the same here. I keep trying different browsers, Chrome seems to be the one that eventually gets through.

I also clear all caches and relaunch browser and before anyone says, it's not my ISP because I'm logging into other sites like Ebay and Amazon with no trouble. I'm even streaming music.

WTF is going on??

THE PROBLEM IS ON THEIR END

With this kind of poor service, no wonder I'm not resubbing any time soon.

crossed_body.png

What a buncha jokers.

If you're still having problems it might be time to invest in non-browser solutions.

Of course I could use a third party client with "somewhat illegal enhancements", but I shouldn't have to because of their crappy service. Just because there's an alternative doesn't mean they shouldn't be held responsible for their failures.

crossed_body.png

Of course I could use a third party client with "somewhat illegal enhancements", but I shouldn't have to because of their crappy service. Just because there's an alternative doesn't mean they shouldn't be held responsible for their failures.

Of course they should be held responsible. I never implied otherwise. It's their game, and you're the paying - formerly paying but surely loyal - customer. Heh.

And even the custom clients will keel over from this problem if they randomly load onto a UK lobby.

It's been almost a week since this happened, and it's still not fixed.

Prepare to Die! Path of Exile RPG

1emk2e.png

"Think where man's glory most begins and ends, and say my glory was I had such friends." Yeats

One look at the RSOF says they are trying but for whatever reason it isn't working. I think part of the problem might be because it's a Bank Holiday weekend in the UK (national holiday over Monday as well) so I doubt that any significant number of staff are looking into it right now. See how it goes on Tuesday I guess.

I run a brand new computer with 100 MBPS internet and the RuneScape main page, forums, and adventure log take unbelievably long to load. The game is not the issue, just the main pages of runescape.com.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Can't say I have had this trouble recently, but I have seen quite a few people who are having this problem, and they are from a pretty wide range of locations as far as I can tell.

I have had days though where the runescape forums just plain don't work very fast, and often have to be refreshed because when it does load, it only loads about half the page.

And I think the log in server just died again.

"Our systems are currently unavailable. Please try again in a few minutes." <_< :wall:

And I think the log in server just died again.

"Our systems are currently unavailable. Please try again in a few minutes." <_< :wall:

Second time in the last week. This is getting pathetic....

[hide]

99 Strength 99 Fletching 99 Range 99 Hitpoints 99 Attack

99 Dungeoneering <3 99 Magic 99 Smithing 99 Herblore

99 Theving

Slayer Drops: 14 whips, 22 D boots, 27 Granite Mauls, 42 Effigies, 5 Dark Bows.

What would be cool is if Drakan and his minions kill all the sig heroes in the quest except Raptor who is wrecking. You and him team up and cave in some vampyre heads. He becomes a total bro in future quests and in a GM quest he receives a fatal injury and his last dying words to you are "Brofist, mang"

[/hide]

And now my character is stuck logged in. GAH X.X This is getting rather annoying.

EDIT: Great, ton of worlds of line now. -_-'

EDIT #2: Yea, my character's locked in the off line world. Whoopie.

I LOVE how I decide to do a slayer task instead of going to citadel to hit resource cap ;/

[hide]

99 Strength 99 Fletching 99 Range 99 Hitpoints 99 Attack

99 Dungeoneering <3 99 Magic 99 Smithing 99 Herblore

99 Theving

Slayer Drops: 14 whips, 22 D boots, 27 Granite Mauls, 42 Effigies, 5 Dark Bows.

What would be cool is if Drakan and his minions kill all the sig heroes in the quest except Raptor who is wrecking. You and him team up and cave in some vampyre heads. He becomes a total bro in future quests and in a GM quest he receives a fatal injury and his last dying words to you are "Brofist, mang"

[/hide]

Crash is eerily reminiscent of a recent incident where some players accidentally - not purposely, it was a side effect of their actions - crashed the server hosting several worlds. Far too many member worlds are down, with only about four F2P down.

Population is at a steady 99k.

1emk2e.png

"Think where man's glory most begins and ends, and say my glory was I had such friends." Yeats

Third time in 2 days that i find myself to be in one of the offline worlds. At least this time i ran no risk of losing anything. But it is getting a tad annoying.

That is not related to the current crash. That was last week's problem. This is a new one.

Last edited on 28-Aug-2011 17:33:52 by Mod Mozza So that we can pass on as much information to our developers who are working on the issue, please answer a few questions:

- Where are you logging in from (USA, UK, Germany etc...)?

- Are you using a username or an email address to login?

- Are you trying to login via the website or via FaceBook?

- (*NEW QUESTION*)If you are stuck, are you in the lobby or game? This means you are getting a message when attempting to login that says you are still logged into the game or lobby.

I appreciate how frustrating this problem is, but I can assure you that this is being looked into thoroughly, and we all really appreciate your patience in this matter.

That was just yesterday. I think it still applies? :|

Doesn't apply to the crash. That's a previous thread related to the more current "Did the fix work?"

EDIT: I can still log onto my mules and pures. Last week's problem was not being able to get in the game either through the browser or the client.

1emk2e.png

Ah well worth a shot. >_< Posted anyway to see if it will work.

EDIT: Try logging in now guys. Worlds are still down though.