Anyone else having...

Lady_Taverson

Well I got back from my grocery shopping (love my food choices, went a little overboard and unhealthy, but what is life without a splurge here and there?? Plus I have an abnormally high metabolism for a woman so it never affects me at this point in my life. But I digress!) and tried to go to the Runescape homepage. I typed in what I am used to typing in for the last who knows how many years (6 and a half actually). It didn't load after 5 minutes. I closed the internet, wiped the browsing history and files and all that schmazz. Still took ages. Closed the internet, typed it in again. Nothing. I tried it one more time before turning off the computer to restart it and try again. This time, it took 10 minutes to load.

Now I'm a forums girl. I'm the fourth highest ranked person in my Runescape forums based clan. So naturally I have to keep the thread open at all times. Well I clicked on "Forums" under the "community" tab on the homepage. That was 15 minutes ago and I still am waiting. I'm terrified for what happens when I try to log in to the forums let alone the game. Will I die of old age?

Colorfully sarcastic humour aside, has anyone else been having this problem today?

No one tell me it's my computer or my connection as I can load everything else at a normal speed. My computer is a Sony Vaio which I just got brand new not even a month ago and the Runescape site in whole was working quite well until the idiocy that was everyone rushing to the forums to say "Jagex fix0rsz teh cirvurr 3rr0rz pl0xx! W3 R Stup1d and don't realize you're already doing it and by whining like 3 year old kids in the back seat "ARE WE THERE YET?" will solve nothing and make forums impossible to use for patient, mature people like Taverson." (Sarcastic 1337speak is too painful after about ten words of it)

I'm sorry if this reads like a rant, but I have a dry and abrasive sense of sarcastic humor not to mention I'm a tad upset at my not being to have an easy process to logging in, checking RS forums, and playing the game like I did a few days ago. IF I didn't have my cherry flavored carbonated water, I'd probably go rage and get a bunch of tattoos. OH wait.. that's anger at parents. Not anger at unexplainable slowness.

Your ability to last this far through the topic is very much appreciated. Especially if you comment to give me feedback on if you're having the same problem. And especially if you help me fix this or if you let me know it's a Jagex server problem and that Jagex is trying to fix it.

Thanks. :D

UPDATE: Able to get to the log in applet for forums, but still not able to get to actual forums yet. In fact it's still loading the "You have logged in successfully" message.

UPDATE2: Able to finally log in. Went back to trying to get to forums, took 5 seconds. I'll keep updating as I go along.

UPDATE3: Now forums are working relatively fine. About to try to log in game.

UPDATE4: Logged in rather quickly. Makes no sense..

Edited by Lady_Taverson

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had the same problem earlier (although it had loaded properly in SwitKit less than 5 minutes earlier), but seems to be fine now.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Still plenty of ongoing issue with logging in and sometimes the client not loading first time, my Facebook is full of it.

Clearing Jagex cache

Windows XP/Vista/Windows 7

1. Go to Start > Computer > Local Disk ( C: ) or your primary hard drive

2. Locate the folder named "jagex_cache_32" and/or "jagex_cache_33"

3. Delete these folders

4. Restart your internet browser (e.g. Internet explorer, Firefox, Chrome, etc.)

5. Load RuneScape and continue playing

I've cleared the cache, but no luck so far. Can't access the forums, constant timeouts logging in, and the Runescape toolbar for my browser isn't updating either. Judging from the time it's stuck on, these problems began 18 hours ago.

The problem is on their side, not yours, contrary to anything they may say. The issue is with their servers, specifically the UK ones. Clearing the Jagex cache every single time does little except leave it up to random chance that you won't get linked to a UK one.

I know this because of manual attempts connecting to their UK lobbies and game servers and it always gave an "error connecting to server." Everything else is alright.

parameters.put("lobbyid", "1111");
parameters.put("lobbyaddress", "lobby12.runescape.com");

That's what I'm using, and it's stable.

EDIT: just checked and the game worlds are fine, it's just the UK lobbies that have gone haywire. Lobby 19 did not work.

I'm using a barebones downloaded client to check FYI.

Prepare to Die! Path of Exile RPG

1emk2e.png

"Think where man's glory most begins and ends, and say my glory was I had such friends." Yeats

I've been playing alot the past week or so (managed to finally get 99hp and deffence after almost 10 years haha!) ... and I've been experiencing the same issues on and off at different times of the day. Must be problems on their side because my internet connection has been top notch all week.

bunyip.png

http://www.runescape.com/game.ws I used this and it worked, clearing the cache might help aswell.... (Link is legit :rolleyes: )

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

In regards to the cache, doesn't going to Internet Options on IE and clearing Temp Files, Cookies, History, etc. clear the cache as well?

Also in regards to UK servers: I live in Texas. Is it even possible I'd be connected to a UK server? The UK server deal makes sense though.

Also in regards to UK servers: I live in Texas. Is it even possible I'd be connected to a UK server? The UK server deal makes sense though.

I don't live in the UK either. When I started getting these problems a few days back, I noticed it was lobby-related. So yes, you can still be connected to a UK one. If you play on a browser there's nothing you can do except cross your fingers and hope the game loads. (I don't though. No problems for me.)

Seems they're on it, their messenger boy Mod Mozza is on the problem in support.

Prepare to Die! Path of Exile RPG

1emk2e.png

"Think where man's glory most begins and ends, and say my glory was I had such friends." Yeats

The game servers are ran all over the world, login servers I think are based in the UK. Don't quote me on that!

I believe I just quoted you on that. :rolleyes:

Just so I don't start a new thread, anyone having trouble with the Tip.It homepage?

Mine will not load. I had to come to the forums directly for this post.

And earlier I experienced trouble on RS as well, but I am not seeing it any longer.

wessan.png

I'm having the same problem with the main Tip.It page.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

It's been hard getting into clan citadels too, I guess it's because you have to switch servers when you enter the portal.

One of my friends logged in last yesterday & after loggin' out a while later she remained in the Clan Chat, so I tried talking to her, then I messaged her on FB and she said she wasn't on-line. She wasn't on-line on my friends list but was still in the clan, she then logged into game & back out but still remains in the Clan Chat, she's still their now even though she's offline.

Also, when she logs in it shows her world she's in on the friends list, but still shows her as in the lobby in the Clan Chat.