Ivandis Flail vs Blisterwood Weapons

Soulthresher

Flail is useless now, unless you use the special attack and guthix balance.

Blisterwood is much much better.

And yes the 500 corpse burns apply to all 4 weapons (flail, polearm, stakes and staff) auotmatically

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

If you had burnt 500 vyres when you had the ivandis flail then it automatically transfers to the blisterwood weapons, you do not need to burn another 500 vyres.

Btw the blisterwood tree, you can get fletch rocks from it if you make the stakes, i never received any woodcutting rocks from it when i was fletching the stakes though.

[spoiler=Sig]oliboli1992.png

Oliboli1992.png

I like to think of the Dark Bow like a Rocket Propelled Grenade (RPG) - you get one shot and then you're screwed.

yup, also, previous power-ups to the flail carry over to blisterwood weapons

One wonders what to do with the 100 Guthix Balance and 25 Flails he stored <_<

It was nice to introduce these new weapons but a bit lame to leave the flail, which we've been constantly upgrading, as kind of redundant.

It can still cast Bloom, though, but this is rendered pointless with the Ouroboros pouch.

UGH.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

It was nice to introduce these new weapons but a bit lame to leave the flail, which we've been constantly upgrading, as kind of redundant.

It can still cast Bloom, though, but this is rendered pointless with the Ouroboros pouch.

UGH.

It's still a very nice looking weapon, how many weapons do you have that has chains in them? not many...

[spoiler=Sig]oliboli1992.png

Oliboli1992.png

I like to think of the Dark Bow like a Rocket Propelled Grenade (RPG) - you get one shot and then you're screwed.

UGH.

Well, hold your horses for a minute !!!

I'll agree that the the flail is pointless to have if you only use it for filling a druid pouch, but it can still be used for getting Mort Myre Fungi, which is used when making Super Enery potions.

IMO, Jagex should have upgraded the Flail of Ivandis even further instead of making these new Blisterwood weapons !

Yeah I was expecting the quest to create mage weapon and range weapon for vyres, but just upgrade flail, same as we made flail from rod.

Heck we could of used the flail instead of 2 sickles when making the polearm!

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Yeah, a bit surprised at getting rid of the flail. Personally, I never liked the weapon. Thought it was ugly. Plus, the slivithril part of it does nothing; you're actually doing damage with the sickles, unless the slivithril just being near the vampyres makes them weak somehow.

Also, what are the bonuses like on the blisterwood weapons? Llike, the 500 vyres killed bonus I mean. Weapons seem fairly powerful without it.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Friends with all 99s and no 500 burns have got max hits in like 650-700 region.

With my stats and full 500 burns I got 750 - 800 max hits.

So seems to be like 200 ish max hit increase

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Yeah, a bit surprised at getting rid of the flail. Personally, I never liked the weapon. Thought it was ugly. Plus, the slivithril part of it does nothing; you're actually doing damage with the sickles, unless the slivithril just being near the vampyres makes them weak somehow.

Also, what are the bonuses like on the blisterwood weapons? Llike, the 500 vyres killed bonus I mean. Weapons seem fairly powerful without it.

Well, if the vyre dodges the sickle (with mind-power) then they'll be hit by the weight of it's swing affecting the rod and chain. And the rod of ivandis gives off the mortal and divine energies which in a way empowers the sickle too. I think the sivthril chain can transmit that power in a way that normal metal can't.

(I think that's how it works, but I don't think I'm 100% right).

What I don't get is how blisterwood weapons work with the whole vyrewatch mind-reading thing though. I haven't done the latest quest, but the point of hte flail was that it was so epically unpredictable it was bound to hurt them in a way they didn't expect: how does the player use stakes: shut their eyes and throw? Magic, with leaving your mind blank to cast? A polearm, with just being really bad at using the weapon?

I'm not an efficienado.

What I don't get is how blisterwood weapons work with the whole vyrewatch mind-reading thing though. I haven't done the latest quest, but the point of hte flail was that it was so epically unpredictable it was bound to hurt them in a way they didn't expect: how does the player use stakes: shut their eyes and throw? Magic, with leaving your mind blank to cast? A polearm, with just being really bad at using the weapon?

Vampyre-kryptonite seems to be the explanation the quest gives (One vyre speculates that the tree was blessed in some way). It probably blocks the vyre's mind-reading ability, and burning vyre corpses probably improves whatever divine power it has. Or something like that.

Vampyre-kryptonite seems to be the explanation the quest gives (One vyre speculates that the tree was blessed in some way). It probably blocks the vyre's mind-reading ability, and burning vyre corpses probably improves whatever divine power it has. Or something like that.

I read somewhere it's because the wood is still alive and growing, making it's attack unpredictable (wut.)

I don't really see how it growing half an inch a month makes it unpredictable and hard to dodge, but whatever. VIDEOGAMELOGIC

CNqWHdA.jpg

I read somewhere it's because the wood is still alive and growing, making it's attack unpredictable (wut.)

I don't really see how it growing half an inch a month makes it unpredictable and hard to dodge, but whatever. VIDEOGAMELOGIC

If you see the tree, you'll notice that it moves around much more than that... The vyres have it chained down and it's still trying to smash some [cabbage] up. And they're all scared [cabbage]less of it, so chances are their thoughts are less "Okay, parry here, then..." and more "OH GOD NO GET IT AWAY FROM ME AAAAGH", since they're all weak against it.

Eh, best explanation I can think of is it's vampyre kryptonite. Why else would the magic staff work? I've decided that they use their mind powers to basically sense the spell and do something to cause it to splash (immunity to magic is dumb because some of the higher level ancient spells should still work, especially on average Vampyres.)

Best explanation for why the flail works on them is regular silver is enough to hurt them, slivithril just works better. Plus, if regular silver couldn't hit them then the polearm couldn't because you actually hit them with the sickles.

Actually, what I'd really like to know is why the Vampyres don't deal with the damn tree. You'd think if nothing else they could let it die given how sick it was, and not hook it up to a machine that can be used to repair it.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

If you do the quest they killed off a whole forest of Blisterwood trees and thought them extinct then this one tree popped up inside the arboretum and despite their best efforts they cannot kill it. The machine's purpose to the vamps was limiting its nutrition to try and kill it, but it only stunted the trees growth. We just abused the machine to give the tree what it needed back.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Yes, I think your assumptions are correct. This is also why I think that one of the quest rewards should have given the player an ability to make an upgraded Flail of Ivandis instead of new weapons as this would have giveng a coherence between this new quest and the older ones.

Rant: I sense that it's not the same developers who have made this quest as the ones who made the previous parts - may I suggest that they read up on the questline so far... - had they done this we most likely wouldn't have had these new weapons.

Rant: I sense that it's not the same developers who have made this quest as the ones who made the previous parts - may I suggest that they read up on the questline so far... - had they done this we most likely wouldn't have had these new weapons.

Gee ... you really think so? :roll:

It's pretty much known that the previous developer Tytn left Runescape earlier this year, so the Myreque storyline, and whatever had been developed so far for Myreque V, got moved somewhere else. Ana, in charge of Myreque V, still managed to do a pretty good job with whatever brief she had been given. This doesn't feel anything like the contrast between MEP2 and Within the Light, or the more recent example of Kennith's Concerns/Slug Menace and Salt in the Wound. I must say that Ana already did a good job getting the quest to feel like a Tytn production, and the Blisterwood issue is merely a small inconsistency in the production.

6Ij0n.jpg

I think most people are just annoyed about this inconsistency because honestly, we lost an epic looking weapon for something that looks no different from a spear =/

Follow my road to 5.6/Gold Reaper/True Trim - DAT BLOG

I think most people are just annoyed about this inconsistency because honestly, we lost an epic looking weapon for something that looks no different from a spear =/

Oh, the pain. :thumbdown:

Really hope this was merely an oversight and not because of some lore-type issue, and Myreque VI allows some form of combination of the Ivandis tools with Blisterwood and whatever comes next.

6Ij0n.jpg

Personally I think the idea of vampyre kryptonite makes sense. Presumably the presence of the intensely magical wood dulls a vyre's powers, lowering their defence and shunning their mind-reading abliity. that would explain why the tree is truly the vampyre's bane. Equally, perhaps the wood is able to guide the user's mind to hit harder and faster than they might normally.

I'm not an efficienado.

Oh, the pain. :thumbdown:

Really hope this was merely an oversight and not because of some lore-type issue, and Myreque VI allows some form of combination of the Ivandis tools with Blisterwood and whatever comes next.

Perhaps they should have made the staff require a staff of Ivandis, like the flail required two silver sickle. The stakes could have incorporated some kind of silvthril.

They do have room for other blisterwood/anti-Vyre gear, though. They have the fast accurate one in the polearm, maybe have an Ivandis flail with blisterwood instead of a sickle as the high(er) hitting but slow one, and a blisterwood battleaxe or something for the balanced weapon that is ultimately too balanced to be useful.

Presumably they'll add a new class of high-level vyres so that it won't be amazing gear on an enemy that, by that point, we'll be able to one-hit with the weakest weapon.

Vampires quite often have superhuman healing - perhaps the reason normal weapons do not hit is that they only make small scratches which heal instantly. Only silver and blisterwood would cause long-term wounds which means the vyre's mind-reading ability, which is crude and only enough to avoid bigger wounds, would still make them avoid the weapon, just that the small scratches are deadly as well. The flail on the other hand works by partially circumventing the mind-reading power. So you could say the blisterwood is kryptonite, and the flail also but in another way.

Good fun this speculation :P.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted