How 2 Become Pro

MrClawz

Hello all, this is my first ever post, i just got a tip acc yesterday.

Ive had my acc (username: Tarun1998) for 3 yrs though i have only played for 1 1/2 or 2 of them as i quit in between.

My account is lv 100 combat and its best skill is level 85 fletching (totally noob)

I had a few questions on how i could become better:

1) Any advice on how 2 make 20m of cash... i have about 5-8m on hand but cant seem to get enough

2) I want 2 slay for cash and charms... what quests should i complete, what lvs do i need, when can i make cash.

3) I see some members have a banner stating there lvs on the forums, how can i make one?

4) Should i stop at lv 90 fletching, (is the cape worth it)

5) How 2 become pro at runescape :thumbsup:

Ty in advance all who post =)

Tarun1998.png

1) I cant really answer this as I recently lost everything and have almost nothing

2) Quests for Slayer, DEFINITELY do smoking kills, as it unlocks the Slayer Helmet which is nowdays an absolute necessity for slaying. Also Fairy Tail Prt II for the Fairy Rings. Charms, it all depends - Dagonnoth drop alot of golds, Waterfiends drop alot of Crimsons. You can still Slay for cash, but these days it's sort of dried up as the drops aren't worth as much (courtesy to bots amongst other things)

3) The banner you see is a "Stat Signature", it's an image which you put into your Signature. goto Draynor.Net and pick out which one you fancy. then you'll get a "BB Code" to paste into your signature which you can find:

Top Right > Signed in as (Name) > My Settings > Profile > Change Signature. Then copy+Paste that text into your Signature section.

4) Get to 91/93 and do Effigy Assits. They can give upto 30k free EXP a day which is handy to casually level up.

5) All depends on your definition of "Pro". Theses days people define pro as "Efficient Players". Just play to enjoy for now, It's a bit messy discussing the whole efficiency thing.

Hopefully this helped answer some questions.

Popoto.~<3

No such thing as PRO in this game, this game is all about time and efficiency nothing else, there's nothing pro about it, like someone stated read up your definition of what a "pro" is.

Runescape is nothing more then a chat game where you click from time to time, let me know when you people get payed/sponsored for it roflmao, then we'll talk about how to become pro or not. ;)

Runescape Main: | + Combat 138 + | 99 HP | 99 Attack | 99 Strength | 99 Defence | Prayer 99 | Mage 99 | Slayer 90 | 99 Cooking | | 99 Fletch | 99 Summoning | Theiving 99 | Firemaking 99 | Woodcutting 99 | Agility 99 | Ranging 99 | Herblore 99 | Total skill: ~2350+

1) Any advice on how 2 make 20m of cash... i have about 5-8m on hand but cant seem to get enough

2) I want 2 slay for cash and charms... what quests should i complete, what lvs do i need, when can i make cash.

3) I see some members have a banner stating there lvs on the forums, how can i make one?

4) Should i stop at lv 90 fletching, (is the cape worth it)

5) How 2 become pro at runescape :thumbsup:

Welcome to the forums MrClawz. :)

1) Farming herbs (do a run every 80 minutes or so) will bring in a decent amount of cash. In the mean time you could kill dragons, slay, fletch or whatever you like to do for money.

2) Smoking kills is an absolute must for slayer. You could do additional quests for perks, but they aren't specifically required. You'll pretty much start making cash immediately.

3) Go to this page and choose what you'd like. Then use the forum code given to you after creation and paste that in your signature here

4) That's a matter of opinion. If you like Fletching and want the cape, yes.

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

angel2w.gif Tip.It Website Crew Leader

[hide=Quotes]

I love it how Jafje comes outa nowhere and answers my questions

Hehe now we know what real life does...drugs, drugs, more drugs. Thank god we are addicted to something that won't kill us.

[/hide]

farm for cash, slay for charms/melee xp, skill so you can dg, dg for chaotics/fun/efficiency,

train herb so you can eventually pvm, and then have more options to make money.

UZp6G.png

32,606th to 99 magic || 15,388th to 99 dungeoneering || 12,647th to 99 farming

14,792nd to 99 range || 24,954th to 99 herblore

farm for cash, slay for charms/melee xp, skill so you can dg, dg for chaotics/fun/efficiency,

train herb so you can eventually pvm, and then have more options to make money.

ty guys, ive done smoking killz, ne other advice,

(20m thing specially =D)

Tarun1998.png

1) Most people would probably say merch it nowadays but good profitable skills include wc, fishing, and slaying. I would say rcing but until 65+ now doesn't seem worth the time monetary gain wise. You can flip small items in the market each time you happen to be in the area, just remember it comes with risk of not being successful (buying fire runes or air runes, etc., for x coins and reselling them for x+1 coins). Temple trekking has turned out to be a nice little profiteering game i've been playing lately with the herb trades or solely for extra exp with tomes (free exp = money saved for other things in my book). WC Yews or magics/mahogany if you've done deadliest catch. Fish lobsters or better though more money is made at the higher levels. Slaying you can start easily at lvl 58 slay on cave horrors looking for rare black mask drops. Higher monsters drop other rare specific items as well (Abbysal Demons drop whips, Dark beasts drop bows, Ice Wyrms drop staff of light, etc.).

2) As long as you do smoking kills, nothing comes to mind really. It enables you to make slayer masks and get rewards for slaying multiple tasks in a row.

3) If people have one like mine all you have to do is click on it to reroute you to the site to make one for yourself. Not trying to advertise mine or anything, just saying. You can always google search runescape stat banner or something of the like. Then all you have to do is post the code on the signature section of your profile.

4) Once I got my 99 I realized I didn't care about the cape. Personal Preference.

5) Devote your life and every second of it to....... just kidding. This is a sandbox game. The only "Pros" are the masters of efficiency, or pk, or some other small portion of the game. Don't waste time trying to be a superman when you can just have fun playing =).

Amduseias.png

Ok, that's cool, i remember fliping 2m of my money at some point, but that was just pure luck i think ;)

I had another question btw,

On the Tip.it main page, there was an an article called run, escape, and i will find you.

I found it interesting and i was wondering if i wrote a story on my own (as i love writing =D)

should i post it on a forum or send it 2 somebody?

Also when i asked about quests for slayer i was kinda wondering if quests such as the path of gloupherie and others

that unlock new slayer monsters were worth it.

I completed my 50th slayer task in a row today ^.^

Tarun1998.png

Read this on the Tip.It times and writing for it.

If you want to be pro, in my view, you need to aim for high levels, all quests done, all tasks done, and a decent bank.

Your skilling stats are pretty low right now, I'd say aim for all stats to 50, then all to 55, then all to 60, and every time you unlock a quest you complete it. The xp rewards of later quests especially are really good.

Combat-wise you should aim for 70 prayer and 68 summoning.

[hide=High-level slayer guide]

The base slayer gear is as follows (alternatives in brackets):

• [For all slayer monsters except those mentioned under other weapons] Chaotic rapier (whip)
  • Bandos body + legs (Verac's skirt with either fighter torso or proselyte top)
  • [Depending on prayer/accuracy needs] Fire cape/Soul Wars cape/Ardougne cloak 3
  • Barrows gloves (your best rfd gloves, at least rune)
  • Dragon boots (rune boots)
  • Amulet of fury (glory)
  • Dragon defender (rune defender)
  • Berserker ring (i)/ferocious ring if slaying in Kuradal's Dungeon (berserker ring, warrior ring)
  • [Most important] Full slayer helmet.
  • [For magic defence on waterfiends/aquanites] Karil's top and elite void skirt (black dragonhide body and chaps)
  • [Crush attacks to use on waterfiends] Chaotic maul (Saradomin sword, Zamorakian spear)
  • [stab attacks for higher-levelled dragons, when not using rapier] Korasi's sword (Zamorakian spear, leaf-bladed sword)
  • Task-specific items such as mirror shields, antifire shields/potions, elemental shields, rock hammers, crystal chimes
  • Cannon (optional, up to personal preference)

Slayer setups generally emphasise strength bonus, which increases the average damage of each succesful hit (slayer monsters usually having rather low defence, hitting is not a problem). Secondly, prayer bonus is important to keep the cost of prayer potions down (as you slay with piety on, to increase the speed of your kills. This is cost-effective and highly recommended). As a rule of thumb, +10 prayer bonus or above is good, but don't overdo it (anything above +20 is a waste). Defence and accuracy bonus are usually not fretted over (any defence bonus over 200 will do; if you get hit too often you should be using a protection prayer). Dagganoth, black demon, black dragon, lesser demon, hellhound, bloodveld and spectre tasks should be cannoned, as it dramatically increases xp rates (although it costs a bit).

Some notes on gear: You'll want a fury and a berserker ring before you get bandos plate, and get that before tassets. You'll want accuracy bonus on higher-levelled dragons; if using stab attacks (which you should) you can use the Ardougne cloak 3 which provides you with +6 stab and +6 prayer bonus. Torso + sw cape and fire cape + proselyte are common cheap top/cape combinations; the former is better.

Some levels to get for slayer (in approximate order but I'm not sure on the summoning):

• 70 prayer and King's Ransom - piety
  • 68 summoning - bunyip
  • 81 dungeoneering (you need 2 million xp, which takes you to level 80, but allowing some tokens for the scroll of life) - rapier
  • 89 herblore (85 with a +4 stew boost) - extreme potions, superantifires
  • 95 prayer - turmoil and soul split
  • 88 summoning - unicorn
  • 96 herblore (91 with a +5 stew boost) - overload
  • 99 summoning - steel titan

I'm sure I missed something but this is most of it.

[/hide]

Farming is currently the best low/medium/high level reliable money. Bosshunting makes a lot of money as well but requires much higher stats. Merchanting requires no stats, provides no xp and requires time to learn, but is certainly worth it.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Holy crap! o.0

Ok...

Damn those are all pro stats and equipment =P

I am aiming for high quests, (currently doing desert treasure) and i know the value of those quests.

Kinda wonderin if taks are really worth gaining the levels to do as they seem like a pain =P

Based on the high level slayer guide im really wondering how 2 get all that equipment!

But it is true that those skillz are needed 2 maximizing on slayer so ty for it in list form =)

Any ideas on which quest sets are most important for me 2 do (with regards 2 my stats/goals)

Tarun1998.png

Tarun1998.png

While Guthix Sleeps and prequests. I don't want to write them all out, there's a lot :P. You can check the tip.it guide to see what you need.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Slayer isn't worth training for money/charms/xp btw... Only do it if you care about leveling slayer. Because currently there is very little point of training it as everything you kill can either be killed when not on a task or isn't worth killing in the first place.

CNqWHdA.jpg

Slayer isn't worth training for money/charms/xp btw... Only do it if you care about leveling slayer. Because currently there is very little point of training it as everything you kill can either be killed when not on a task or isn't worth killing in the first place.

Slayer obviously isn't the best if you only want to make money or get charms but it does provide a nice combination of both.

The reason everybody advocates training slayer is that there's really no easy way to level it.

You should be able to get 99 summoning before 99 slayer (along with familiarisation at rock lob/wfs/black demons every week) and using your charms wisely.

And if you train all your skills to near 99, you're going to be spending a lot of time on slayer while not leveling atk/str/def/mage/range/hp and that's kind of a waste.

capt%20kevin.png

I'd say go for 99 fletching if you like it. It'll be fun, you'll make a bit of cash on the way, and you'll have a useful cape that you'll enjoy wearing :) .

fletch is a horribly boring skill, is one of the more common 99s, and untrim skill capes arent that useful. they have no prayer bonus, and if you just want the def bonus, you could spend 35k on an obsidian cape.

UZp6G.png

32,606th to 99 magic || 15,388th to 99 dungeoneering || 12,647th to 99 farming

14,792nd to 99 range || 24,954th to 99 herblore

I'd say go for 99 fletching if you like it. It'll be fun, you'll make a bit of cash on the way, and you'll have a useful cape that you'll enjoy wearing :) .

fletch is a horribly boring skill, is one of the more common 99s, and untrim skill capes arent that useful. they have no prayer bonus, and if you just want the def bonus, you could spend 35k on an obsidian cape.

Boring is in the eye of the beholder :P

also something else you can do for money is kingdom management (referred to as mtk more commonly) it will raise you 1-2m a week conservetively with almost no effort.

"Happiness depends more on the inward disposition of mind than on outward circumstances."

Benjamin Franklin

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Albert Einstein

G%20I%20Jackass.png

G_I_Jackass.png

If you click where it says "Signed in as MrClawz" a menu will appear, click "My Profile". Then on the right of the page that loads click "Edit my Profile". Then on the next page which loads on the left click change signature, then type the code which brings up the skills banner and click "save changes". This will mean the banner is in your signature and will appear automatically at the bottom of all of your posts, saving you typing it in constantly.

funnyline.png
260pifq.jpg
dlWmf3d.pngcyndane.png
Balthamel.png