Forum Restructuring - Completed

Thank you everyone for your input :) The following changes have been implemented:

• The Metagaming forum is now a subforum of Archive of Wisdom and has been renamed to "Data and Research (Metagame Discussion)."
  • The RuneScape Media forum now accepts things like video commentary in addition to artworks.
  • The Tip.Iters RuneScape Events forum has been renamed to "Tip.Iters Events, Groups and Teams" to better incorporate looking for boss hunting groups or partners for similar activities.
  • The Graveyard's "Rate This & Advice" forum has been removed. PKing questions may be posted in the regular Help & Advice.
  • Literary discussion threads have been moved from the Varrock Library to Off-Topic. Actual works of literature will remain in the Varrock Library but general discussions about novels/literature may be posted in Off-Topic.
  • The entire "Other Jagex Games" category and all forums inside of it have been removed. Users can create a thread for each game in the Video Games & Consoles forum. Once Stellar Dawn and/or Transformers Universe have been released, we will consider creating new forums for them if there is enough demand or popularity.
  • The entire "ARENAScape" category and all forums inside of it have been removed. A thread can be created in the Video Games & Consoles forum if people wish to discuss the game or reminisce about old times.
  • The Falador Tavern, Falador Library, and Rusco have all been merged into one forum (Falador Tavern).

(the only real difference here is that we decided not to follow through with removing the Sports & Fitness subforum.)

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Merging all those forums will have zero effect on what the purpose of the forum is. Rusco and the Falador Library have been dead for years. Nothing will actually change. There is not enough activity and demand to require so many subforums.

That being said, the Falador Tavern was meant to be a roleplaying forum.

Then why was Hegemony and the Zombie Survival Thread moved there? They are clearly not roleplays.

Yes, they are.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

Add a sub-forum to RuneScape General Discussion as "We don't even play RuneScape, but still feel the need to add in our negative mouthfuls on a daily basis.".

Add another sub-forum for Jagex fanboys who just cannot stand the sight of any criticism to Jagex - even though they clearly deserve it.

:rolleyes:

Seriously on topic,

I definitely agree with the merging of mostly dead sub-forums

- what TIF need now is definitely NOT more subforums - even the most active forums general and off-topic are not as lively as before.

Good job tip.it admins in still caring about TIF =D>

I would prefer even to fail with honor than to win by cheating - Sophocles

php1CLVGLAM.jpg

The Metagaming forum is now a subforum of Archive of Wisdom and has been renamed to "Data and Research (Metagame Discussion)."

gf all traffic to this forum

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]

The ideas seem good, one suggestion I might add is that in some of the less busy forums like tech forum when someone posts a detailed thread about a new build they've done & it's moved into some lame picture thread sticky because they used pictures of the build, needs to ease up a bit. The forum itself isn't the most busy & moving posts into stickys hides them from view creating more of a chance it will be missed resulting in less discussion.

I'm happy with easing up on that in some of the less active forums. But to be fair, I don't think that has happened in the Tech & Computers forum in months :P I think it's nice having the sticky there in case people want to use it, because some people just won't post their own thread for that kind of thing. But if someone were to post outside the sticky like right now, I wouldn't mind. If there are any other forums where you feel this is an issue feel free to let me know :)

If I wanted to post pics of a small thing I'd done to my build, like install a SSD, I don't think that would warrant an entire thread, even on a not-so-active forum, so that sticky is good.

It is a nice idea trip, for people that want to post a picture or two of stuff, only reason I got into a tantrum :oops: over it was because my whole thread was moved there because it contained pictures, even though it had a bit more to it than just pictures. (And maybe because I didn't get enough sleep, but who knows.)

@Guydabest I agree, only reason I bring it up is I had a bit of a write up & pictures in spoiler tags & it was moved into the sticky, yet some guy posts a thread called "my first PC build" links a video and it goes untouched yet my thread that contained a lot more content was hidden away. I know I certainly didn't want to go back to that section of the forums again.

Obviously it's down to the Mod/Admin at the time & there opinion on what needs to be moved and that differs with different personality's.

I'm not sure why I brought it up, just guess I didn't see the point in the strictness in a part of forum that isn't exactly overwhelmed right now.

Anyway, forum changes look good, nice work :thumbup:

To whom it may concern:

I would really, really love a subforum of my own called Andvari's Playground with me as mod. I promise to rule with an iron fist.

With my utmost regard,

Your Favourite Poster

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

And frankly (and I say this non sarcastically), I've always found that whole forum of the Falador Tavern extremely pretentious. Like, jeepers creepers velma not even fred's ascott is this bad.

I fail to see how, exactly...

We aren't the ones 'informing' the powers that be that we 'give permission' for them to 'do whatever they want with whatever they want.'

No, quite the reverse, we sit, quietly, in our little corner, welcoming any who approach, though few do.

We make no requests beyond the Tavern, we do not assume to consider ourselves better than any other board, nor do we treat any board with the contempt often showed to us by those such as yourself.

If you find it pretenious to be proud of your friends and post mates then please, ardently argue to remove the friend function in our profiles, for that is the ultimate in pretention.

If you find it pretenious to have loyalty to a community then please, start a campaign to destroy Tip It itself, for clearly 'Hey, You Tip.iter' is the ultimate in pretention.

Is it little wonder that so few join Falador Tavern when the moment they do they are lumbered with the contempt of those such as yourself?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAnpvysqFdE

I'm saying the whole forum gives me the heebie jeebies. Didn't say i held contempt for anyone.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Thank you everyone for your input :) The following changes have been implemented:

<<<snip>>>

• The Graveyard's "Rate This & Advice" forum has been removed. PKing questions may be posted in the regular Help & Advice.

<<<snip>>>

• The entire "Other Jagex Games" category and all forums inside of it have been removed. Users can create a thread for each game in the Video Games & Consoles forum. Once Stellar Dawn and/or Transformers Universe have been released, we will consider creating new forums for them if there is enough demand or popularity.

<*walks off, raging the whole way, and causes a door to fall off its' hinges as they slam it closed behind them*>

These two changes are going to cause issues. I can just see it coming. <_<

BTW, I see they missed listening to at least 4 of us on this thread. There should have at least kept a condensed board for that second item, "Other Jagex Games". Sadly, I can now sense this thread getting buried by time. :angry:

~D. V. "DO NOT WANT" Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

<<<snip>>>

<<<snip>>>

<*walks off, raging the whole way, and causes a door to fall off its' hinges as they slam it closed behind them*>

These two changes are going to cause issues. I can just see it coming. <_<

BTW, I see they missed listening to at least 4 of us on this thread. There should have at least kept a condensed board for that second item, "Other Jagex Games". Sadly, I can now sense this thread getting buried by time. :angry:

~D. V. "DO NOT WANT" Devnull

We simply see no point in keeping an inactive forum. Every single one of those forums were dead. Stellar Dawn isn't even out yet so there's no reason to discuss it. FunOrb has been dead for some time now. Very few people play it (at least that's what it seems like) and nobody has been discussing it. War of Legends hasn't been discussed either. Even if we had merged them, we'd still have a completely inactive and unused forum.

If demand picks up (especially if/when Stellar Dawn and Transformers Universe are released) we will of course look at our options and create new forums if needed. But at this point it's not needed since the forums were not at all in use. I'm honestly not sure why you're so torn up over the removal of forums that were not used - not even by you.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

<<<snip>>>

I'm honestly not sure why you're so torn up over the removal of forums that were not used - not even by you.

If you check my post history, you'll find that's false. I have been there before, albeit I'm not sure exactly how many times in the past that I have. The only reason why I hadn't used it recently was due to a lack of a question or item that I thought might be discussable without getting flamed/trolled by someone. That, and I hadn't found something to reply to without causing severe hyper-thread-necrosis, which would have gotten me shot by a Mod/Admin anyway! As for the reason I'm torn up over the total removal? Primarily because this likely means I can no longer get back to my old posts from there. But this also means anything that FunOrb/SD/WoL users now start is likely to get washed away in a sea of other stuff in VG&C... :wall:

~D. V. "Etiquette vs. Memories vs. Beginnings vs. Ends... what a massive pain..." Devnull

(p.s.: Pardon the off-topic, but I'm surprised you're like the only active Admin posting on this thread. Have they turned you into the "P.R. Lady" or something?!?!?)

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

<<<snip>>>

I'm honestly not sure why you're so torn up over the removal of forums that were not used - not even by you.

If you check my post history, you'll find that's false. I have been there before, albeit I'm not sure exactly how many times in the past that I have. The only reason why I hadn't used it recently was due to a lack of a question or item that I thought might be discussable without getting flamed/trolled by someone. That, and I hadn't found something to reply to without causing severe hyper-thread-necrosis, which would have gotten me shot by a Mod/Admin anyway! As for the reason I'm torn up over the total removal? Primarily because this likely means I can no longer get back to my old posts from there. But this also means anything that FunOrb/SD/WoL users now start is likely to get washed away in a sea of other stuff in VG&C... :wall:

~D. V. "Etiquette vs. Memories vs. Beginnings vs. Ends... what a massive pain..." Devnull

(p.s.: Pardon the off-topic, but I'm surprised you're like the only active Admin posting on this thread. Have they turned you into the "P.R. Lady" or something?!?!?)

I just meant you haven't posted there recently - not necessarily ever :P

All threads from the three forums have been moved into the Video Games & Consoles subforum. They may be a bit harder to find but they are still accessible.

Posted Image

Thought I'd ask here since it appears most appropriate.

What's a "Members+" group for?

You can read a bit about it here: http://forum.tip.it/topic/302463-members/ :)

Basically:

We're experimenting with usergroups based on post count :P For now we're just playing with a few ideas and if they get more concrete we'll let you know. ATM anyone with 100+ posts gets moved into the Members+ group (but you have to post again to activate it). But this could be removed in the future if we decide not to do anything with it. Again, just messing around a bit.

Basically don't worry about it. There are currently zero differences between the Members+ group and the regular Members group. If that changes we'll let you know!

Posted Image

But this also means anything that FunOrb/SD/WoL users now start is likely to get washed away in a sea of other stuff in VG&C... :wall:

I recommend utilizing the "View My Content" feature more often, as this records content you've submitted and helps you track where you've posted. Alternatively, you can use the Watched Content feature and inline and/or email notifications to track your favorite sections of the forums.

There's really no need to get so upset when these existing structures in the forum software already make it extremely easy to track your content :P

hzvjpwS.gif