Rebuilding trust in the community?

codecRS

Mod Baker is the latest one we should trust.

He was the one who fired Mod Moonie (the latest Dutch J-mod), he was the one who made several other J-mods angry and sad.

He fired Mod Katie (a polish J-mod) he also fired a J-mod from Norway.

Also: He first achieved 99 cooking (cheap tnx to bots) and now he's probably goïng for woodcutting (and finds some bots and suddenly he does ban them?).

I'm sorry, but to me it just seems like he's playing knowing everything beforehand.

He's really one of the silliest j-mods out there.

Huh?

Ask around in the Dutch community on the RSOF, most people out there know the facts ;).

Ask about what happened to Mod Moonie, Mod Petal, Mod Katherina, ask what Mod Aiko said about it and what his opinion is, ask what Mod Max W said about it and so on and on and on ;).

Actually there isn't even any Dutch J-mod out there any more, so only Dutch F-mods (who aren't that trustfull either btw but that's a diffrend story) will answer or normal players.

277-278-43-62890850 you can read a bit of info as well.

And the Dutch F-mods are the ones who hide our posts if we ask too much about it, they actually still support everything Jagex does and did.

Your first sentence says "Mod Baker is the latest one we should trust." but then you go on about how we shouldn't trust him?

howlin1eeveesig.png

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he meant "last" not "latest". Probably just a small language mix-up in going from Dutch to English.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Yes I am Dutch and no I don't think I'll ever trust Mod Baker (with some number behind it that I forgot).

He ruined a big part of the future of RS as well as the future of some J-mods.

Only a bunch of Dutch F-mods keep on licking him.

He ruined a part of the future of RS? Explain...?

A lot of people are upset that there are no more Dutch J-Mods. They feel that not replacing them is detrimental to the community as a whole, and the Dutch community in particular. I haven't completely read up on it, so I'm not sure if Mod Baker in particular is to blame (or even if he had anything to do with it at all) but a lot of the anger seems to be directed at him.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

He ruined a part of the future of RS? Explain...?

A lot of people are upset that there are no more Dutch J-Mods. They feel that not replacing them is detrimental to the community as a whole, and the Dutch community in particular. I haven't completely read up on it, so I'm not sure if Mod Baker in particular is to blame (or even if he had anything to do with it at all) but a lot of the anger seems to be directed at him.

Mod Baker is the boss or leader or whatever from the J-mods working and chatting with the community on the forumparts with other languages.

Now the Dutch J-mods had loads and loads and loads of work, the Dutch community is like 3 times as big as the German community for example.

Somehow there were only 3 Dutch speaking J-mods, later even only 2, and at the end only Mod Moonie was still there.

Several J-mods told us that the mood at Jagex was getting down and down, there are Mod quotes out there like "my boss looks sad atm".

Everything that was written went through a translater and was or could be rereaded by others.

Even though the mood was pretty clearly sad at Jagex, Mod Moonie was planning several partys for us to join anyway, so she clearly wasn't planning to leave, next to that she borrowed some place there in that diffrend country as her own and had a boyfriend out there.

Leaving would be the latest option she would choose.

Suddenly she was gone anyway, no goodbye to her community, no sign at all whatsoever it was actually even a (still Jagex loving) Dutch F-mod who posted it on the forums.

Ex J-mods that were still onvolved with the community also told us she was most likely fired.

Later on they also told us she didn't die or was sick or anything like that, the community loved her, some persons within the community even gave chocolate and such to Jagex IRL by post several times.

When we asked Jagex why she was gone so unexpected they said something like "sorry we can't tell, it's a story between us and her".

I really see that as a stab in the back for her.

Acting like she might possibly the one who left us behind like trash.

I really think it's pretty sad they don't even admit that they did the wrong thing (again), they still don't btw.

Mod Baker is the one who brought the mood down everywhere out there, several J-mods and ex J-mods told that.

One of the J-mods also told us Andrew didn't even have much of a choice changing such things within Jagex either anymore (that was about 8 month ago when he said that).

Now the Dutch community aint got no J-mods at all any more for a pretty long time, even though they have had several promises.

Also in that part of community trust I still don't see any progression at all whatsoever.

To me it's actually pretty much logic that they can't find any good person any more, I meen what person is smart enough in Jagex their opinion to handle this job, but is actually dumb enough to want and take a job like that?

Knowing it doesn't pay that well, have Mod Baker as your boss, have to work together with corrupt F-mods, knowing all J-mods before you where gone in no time, knowing you will have barely any power at all, not even about the forum(parts) you will have to take care about yourself, even if you completely disagree with the rules some leaders (like Mod Baker for example) force you to listen to, a complete community that's warning you for all the troubles you will get on your head.

And I must say, most of the J-mods that worked for the Dutch community allready weren't that really smart, that was clearly visable.

Actually the smartest one out there was the one who spoke the least with the community and us has been told that they actually looked for a diffrend job for him within Jagex.

But no, he didn't want that and left Jagex.

Maybe it sounds sad, but for some reason I really hope Jagex will allmost get bankrupt and ask Andrew back for help, pretty much the same way as happened to Apple.

So much melodrama in the Dutch community. Perhaps Mod Baker is Michael Caine (think Austin Powers)?

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

Lol seriously, who cares if you got Jmods of your own country, I am dutch myself but why would I need dutch Jmods? They don't translate the game to dutch anyway (I don't even want a dutch version), it is sad that you don't have a dutch jmod on the dutch RSOF but other then that I see no use to them (maybe customer support, for abusive language and names).

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

Because atm Jagex is too dumb to understand what I say if I call you a "83rleike thebiel" & d3 g3mmidd3ld3 Nederlander niet.

And next to that there is a Dutch forumpart and the F-mods out there are screwing those forums up pretty badly while no Dutch J-mod can controll them and they actually translate text in the community their disadvantage but in their own advantage.

People actually receive blackmarks and mutes without any serious reason.

Because atm Jagex is too dumb to understand what I say if I call you a "83rleike thebiel" & d3 g3mmidd3ld3 Nederlander niet.

And next to that there is a Dutch forumpart and the F-mods out there are screwing those forums up pretty badly while no Dutch J-mod can controll them and they actually translate text in the community their disadvantage but in their own advantage.

People actually receive blackmarks and mutes without any serious reason.

If you would call me that I would laugh at you and say that you could try to speak normal dutch :P it is only normal they wouldn't understand that.

Well the forums could be a problem though, if it goes the way you say ;)

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

Do you seriously expect Jagex to have a jmod that speaks fluently in every language just incase someone insults the other? What about a mod that understands Africaans, what about Georgian or Ometo?

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Do you seriously expect Jagex to have a jmod that speaks fluently in every language just incase someone insults the other? What about a mod that understands Africaans, what about Georgian or Ometo?

How many times bigger do you think that the Dutch community is compared to all the African countrys and languages together?

2 times? 3 times? 50 times?

Is it really that much asked to have 1 out of the over 400 J-mods out there to actually understand Dutch?

Is it really that much asked to have 1 out of the over 400 J-mods out there to actually understand Dutch?

Evidently for Jagex it is.

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

Most of those 400 are player support staff, then there are dozens of developers, engine coders, artists, musicians etc. Only a small percentage of jagex staff are "community". RuneScape has LONG had a large Dutch community but staff aren't cheap and I guess its hard to justify spending £15-20k to do a few ingame events with the dutch players.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Most of those 400 are player support staff, then there are dozens of developers, engine coders, artists, musicians etc. Only a small percentage of jagex staff are "community". RuneScape has LONG had a large Dutch community but staff aren't cheap and I guess its hard to justify spending £15-20k to do a few ingame events with the dutch players.

No, it's also to help the new and younger players, handle the reports, controll the Dutch F-mods (who pretty much suck atm), translate stuff and so on and on and on.

Dutch J-mods said they had over 40 of such tasks while the avarage J-mod had max 10 of them.