Did Glacors evolve from icefiends?

enfield

I thought Glacors were one of Lucien's creations, which subsequently went out of control and got repeated over and over by the Stone of Jas. Them being modified icefiends seems likely. I'd say they were the exact opposite of ancient.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I just wanna say I hate glacors so much, wasted so much time getting 83 shards that getting the final 17 would result in me destroying something or verbally assaulting anyone near me.

Also I would pay a visit to runefest.

Good thing I got self knowledge and self control.

Ow and I don't know how they got there all of a sudden.... when I was there with stone of jas there was nothing, so maybe lucien kept them away from the stone but when he teleported there was no use to keeping glacors away from their ice cave???

Me and the wise old man go way back.... he was a foolish boy back then.

My crystal armour idea.

In the beginning, there was nothing

Then, there were glacors

Just because this amuses me so much, let's go learn something from the completely reliable and never wrong Knowledge base!

"The Baneore cave is where the Stone of Jas was housed until recently. The cave is the source of the only ore known to be harmful to dragonkin and due to the magical energies that the Stone of Jas emitted over CENTURIES within the cave, it is also home to glacors."

So, according to our everfaithful KB, the Stone has been here for a very long time; making the Glacors ancient creatures indeed!

How many hotdogs does it take to mow a garage door?

"The Baneore cave is where the Stone of Jas was housed until recently. The cave is the source of the only ore known to be harmful to dragonkin and due to the magical energies that the Stone of Jas emitted over CENTURIES within the cave, it is also home to glacors."

:wall: #-o -.- :-| :???: :eek: :shock:

Nothing else can express how I feel after reading that. Sure, the KB can derp on stat values and game data, but this? Seriously?

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Nothing else can express how I feel after reading that. Sure, the KB can derp on stat values and game data, but this? Seriously?

So the stone of jas in WGS was a different one?

The stone of jas emitted power that somehow formed glacors (that magically were not there when the stone of jas was there) or the stone of jas atracted them?

Me and the wise old man go way back.... he was a foolish boy back then.

My crystal armour idea.

So the stone of jas in WGS was a different one?

The stone of jas emitted power that somehow formed glacors (that magically were not there when the stone of jas was there) or the stone of jas atracted them?

It's pretty obvious that the guy who wrote that article hasn't been keeping track of the events of the quests. 'Laying there for centuries' sounds cool, but the fact is that the Stone was only there for storage for a relatively short time.

We know that Lucien either created or summoned a glacor during the battle. There weren't any glacors in the cave before the battle, and there were loads of them afterwards. The Glacors are also derived from the power of the Stone. You could then say that:

1. The Stone naturally warped the ice around it into monsters. Lucien was powerful enough to keep them away from the Stone and actually bring one up to the surface. However, you would expect a similar effect in the temple of Guthix, where the Stone was hidden for much longer, and the Balance Elemental isn't really the same thing. Which leads to my theory:

2. Lucien created the Glacor using the Stone during or shortly before the ritual. The Stone reacted by pumping out the same spell over and over again, or perhaps unintentionally imbued the surrounding area with the required magic to form Glacors. It's important to note that Lucien knew nothing about how the Stone works. I'm kinda surprised that he didn't go Melzar the Mad insane, to be honest.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I think glacors are a combination of the demon summoning powers of Lucien (it is unclear whether or not this is a trait of the Mahjarrat in general seeing as Bilrach also possessed this ability), the crazy ass powers of the stone which allow him to tear a large enough rift open to make it permanent while shaping the form of the beings to suit his needs, and the focus of the Staff of Armadyl, which gave them the ability to float and the trait of being nonaggressive, although the latter may be because they're not constantly on fire on the inside.

I theorize that the armadyl shards are fragments of the staff after the dragonkin shattered it over Lucien's really thick skull. The glacors being the closest attuned beings to the staff subsequently fused with the shards after they were scattered. Might explain why the arma battlestaff is pretty much identical in form to the original, except much smaller.

What can be observed, however, is the similarity between a glacor's physical traits, and those of a dragonkin.

8f14270694.jpg

The only way glacors evolved from icefiends would be if Luciens's spellbook was On the Origin of Species.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots