Runescape becoming unplayable

Jeffery

111102134609.png

Whenever a door is open my avatar gets sent to the right like in this picture and makes nothing clickable for 3-4 seconds. = Insta ko on larges.

Anybody else having problems since the bot bust, or hell anybody know how to resolve this.

Discuss the effects of the lag and what activies you can and can't do because of this.

Thievingcapesigcopy.png

Jeffery.png

180th to 99 Divination + 1st W36er

Rambo, cannot pk call your friends bro :). Wait nevermind none of SAPK/PKS can. Kappa.

Jagex is having major lag problems now after the big Bot-Bust. Many people cannot even log-in to RuneScape (like me).

15-16-193-63334096

^ A sticky thread where they say that they'll check the reason of the continual lag in RS. I'm pretty sure that the problem you are having is caused by the same problem, so when they fix it then you'll be able to DG like before.

Yeah I'm getting this too really randomly. Sometimes my camera will zoom and shift to a random angle.

I think clicking on the minimap helped with clearing the issue, but it hasn't happened for a while so I don't quit remember.

I can't guarantee it will work for you, and you may have already tried this, but try changing between Software, Directx and Opengl.

I think it was changing to software that sorted this for me. Hope this helps.

Anyway, on a similar topic, RS is literally unplayable for me and many others as I have been unable to log in since Dominion Tower update yesterday. . .

Whenever a door is open my avatar gets sent to the right like in this picture and makes nothing clickable for 3-4 seconds.

I had that yesterday while training summoning. A 5-10 second freeze everytime I teleported to castle wars. I get shorter (1-2 seconds) freezes sometimes too, but they appear randomly.

Otherwise I have no lag or other problems though.

I lag when I open my Quest, Prayer and music tab.

My screen FREEZES for a few seconds when I open the quest/emote tab. Strange huh.

Also, it freezes for even longer when I come back from a random event, don't know why.

I seriously hope Jagex fixes this lag problem soon. First tele-lag, now this...

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Me too. :blink:

Just quest tab here, and also more recently, when teleporting back from a random event, I'll get up to a 20 second lag. All other teleports are fine, but its still kind of annoying.

Asmodean <3

With respect to the issue of lag -- I've noticed that, since the bot bust, most of the worlds have got triple-digit pings to me right now -- which goes a long way to explaining the "lag" as far as I am concerned. There's very few worlds with low "pings" and those that do have lower pings are generally more crowded and tend to lag as a result of that (like w60 penguin hunting).

Not to mention that, with the recent and untimely death of my home PC, I've been forced to limit my playing time to shared time on my hubby's computer, which is not much of a computer to begin with. :unsure:

But yes -- I've got some terrible lag at present ...

-----

With respect to the issue of "stuck in the lobby" issue:

I got stuck in the Dominion Tower when I logged out in the middle of an Endurance trial. After that, I could not log in past the lobby.

I could log in on my F2P noob fishing account from the same computer.

I logged in on one of my son's computers, and was able to access beyond the lobby. So I got out of the Dominion Tower and banked my gear at Mobilizing Armies bank. After that, I had no more issues with getting stuck in the lobby.

That said, I am still not able to get into my clan's citadel using the same computer that I could previously not gain access past the lobby. I am note sure if this is an issue with "cookies" or what it may be. I intend to try tonight and see if I can gain access from specific computers in my house.

I'd strongly suggest to anyone that's having issues logging in past the lobby to try and gain access to the same account from another computer and see if that helps.

Good Luck!

nyuseg.png

With respect to the issue of lag -- I've noticed that, since the bot bust, most of the worlds have got triple-digit pings to me right now -- which goes a long way to explaining the "lag" as far as I am concerned. There's very few worlds with low "pings" and those that do have lower pings are generally more crowded and tend to lag as a result of that (like w60 penguin hunting).

Not to mention that, with the recent and untimely death of my home PC, I've been forced to limit my playing time to shared time on my hubby's computer, which is not much of a computer to begin with. :unsure:

-----

I got stuck in the Dominion Tower when I logged out in the middle of an Endurance trial. After that, I could not log in past the lobby.

I logged in on one of my son's computers, and was able to access beyond the lobby. So I got out of the Dominion Tower and banked my gear at Mobilizing Armies bank. After that, I had no more issues with getting stuck in the lobby.

That said, I am still not able to get into my clan's citadel using the same computer that I could previously not gain access past the lobby. I am note sure if this is an issue with "cookies" or what it may be. I intend to try tonight and see if I can gain access from specific computers in my house.

I'd strongly suggest to anyone that's having issues logging in past the lobby to try and gain access to the same account from another computer and see if that helps.

Good Luck!

That doesn't work for me sadly :( I can't log in on different accounts as well. Changing my graphic settings doesn't work either. I'll just have to wait I guess. Not much I can do about this.

-----

Good Luck!

I managed to lget past the log-in in my other computer, but I cannot play on that computer as it overheats.

-----

Good Luck!

That doesn't work for me sadly :( I can't log in on different accounts as well. Changing my graphic settings doesn't work either. I'll just have to wait I guess. Not much I can do about this.

Have you tried deleting all the data under the runescape subdirectory? I am trying to recall what that subdirectory is called and where it's located, but it's a relatively small set of files that saves your settings and world preferences, etc.

:unsure:

nyuseg.png

-----

Good Luck!

I managed to lget past the log-in in my other computer, but I cannot play on that computer as it overheats.

Sweet! Now try logging in on the previous computer and see if you're out of the lobby-respawn cycle!

nyuseg.png

My quest and task tabs have been lagging something fierce. I just figured it was because my crappy laptop couldn't keep up with the new Java version. <_<

i tried dung/minimal settings, and had to start sui, about 5 second dorlags... then i changed to opengl, and now i don't lag at all :S never happen to me before on direct-x ...

This seems to be happening to a lot of people. Personally, I've always found that running RS in OpenGL was faster than DirectX.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

This seems to be happening to a lot of people. Personally, I've always found that running RS in OpenGL was faster than DirectX.

I remember doing one of the pirate quests and one of the puzzles was just flat out not working (the interface was not showing any puzzle pieces). I feel like this was close to their release of DirectX acceleration option.

Anyway, I found that switching to OpenGL was just simply smoother and didn't exhibit any missing parts of the screen. I also feel like certain video cards could have a hand performance issues.

My quest tab takes 10+ seconds to load, usually it is about 1. Jagex doesn't want me to quest, even though I got almost 2k total and have completed less than half the quests in the game :(

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak