How quickly do you type?

champion

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My typing method is strange. I use all four fingers on my left hand, but on my right I really only use my index finger, and sometimes my middle finger as well...

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

Got 64 on the instructions, about 75 on some other one I can't really remember. I tend to type mostly with my left hand, and only with a couple of fingers on the other (mostly my index and middle finger, sometimes using my pinky for SHIFT).

My typing method is strange. I use all four fingers on my left hand, but on my right I really only use my index finger, and sometimes my middle finger as well...

That's exactly how I type as well. I think it may stem from the fact that I played a lot of WASD (default arrow keys in most games) controlled computer games, so I'm used to using my left hand in that way, but my right hand is conditioned to use my mouse more than the keyboard.

oh and I got a 92

noobs crowding hill giants? not on my watch

TypingTest:

First attempt:

120wpm.png

Second attempt:

122wpm.png

10 fast fingers:

Words per minute (WPM) 114

Keystrokes 570

Correct words 107

Wrong words 0

You reached 570 Points so you achieved position 318 of 58545 on the ranking list (last 24 hours)

Typeracer:

typeracer.png

I seem to be losing speed (relative to my prime), but still.

Another super fast typer. And holy crap someone got almost 150wpm?

I assume that at these speeds, your typing must pretty much sound like machine gun fire (you'd be closing in on 600 key strokes per minute for sure).

81 with 4 errors, so 77 a minute. That was faster than I thought I typed. Does everyone here use QWERTY, or do people here use other layouts too?

137wpm@100% accuracy??? :shock: Damn.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

43 WPM with pointer fingers only. :mrgreen:

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

In the 60's i would say, but i've scored 80's on the Enchanted Typewritter. The Wizard of oz really bugs me out.

Edit: That racer game is great. I enjoy it a whole lot. Party because i enjoy competition when it's something i'm fairly good at (such as in this case), and also because after the race, it it says where the quote you just wrote is from. Hence, i get more book recommandations :D Win-win as far as i can see it!

Final1.jpg

80 WPM with my pointy fingers. I would argue that I type at the most ideal speed for a human being. Any faster and your eyes wouldn't be able to catch all the mistakes. Or maybe you're just a cheater.

I detect a false dichotomy.

The ideal typing speed is dependent on the person, and the keyboard that they use. For a person like me, typing at approximately 105-110wpm is my 'optimal' whereby it permits no mistakes whilst typing relatively fast.

Typeracer sucks, you can't continue until you fix mistakes??? Even when I did fix my mistake, the "go back and correct your error" 3000 px by 3000 px dialog window continued to block the text for the remainder of the test so I just didn't bother even finishing it (thanks for telling me about my 9 wpm though). Other standardized tests have me at just over 130, though I have pushed 140 using Dvorak. The fastest I've seen in person is 159 from a former schoolmate.

EDIT: l0l I just did a typeracer practice run at work and hit 125, then the distorted test thing came up and I managed 134? Honestly I couldn't even read half of the words (and 98% accuracy compared to 97 in the normal test...)

Follow my road to 5.6/Gold Reaper/True Trim - DAT BLOG

That's just poor typing etiquette. It's good practice to fix your errors as you type - are you really going to spot all your mistakes on a quick re-read? It takes one typo to mess up your resume, and your MS Word won't even tell you:

"I will see you, shorty."