The Back Room

stevepole

Resistance, if you keep doing that I will start deleting such posts. I think quite a few people here consider Hegemony something of a dead horse, correct me if I'm wrong everyone else, and whining about it here in the middle of legitimate discussions is just self-serving and inconsiderate.

If someone wants to make and run a Hegemony, then a Hegemony will be made and run.

I am entitled to make a request post, it isn't against forum rules and is not being disruptive in anyway. Threatening to delete my posts regarding hegemony is obviously an abuse of your moderation tools.

You're the only person to have told me that its a 'dead horse' or even implied so, there was a hegemony running seven days ago however Ico decided that he didn't want to moderate anymore. It quite obviously isn't a dead horse. its odd that you're trying to silence discussion about it.

Whining is not synonymous in anyway with requesting. As this thread doesn't have a topic why are you complaining about thread direction?

qTLQRuS.png

Well actually an abuse would be outright deleting your post and not telling you and deleting every post you make and banning you

He simply warned you against it, so he is not abusing, also as he is the mod he can technically create a house rule that we should all follow.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

so much stupidity in the last few pages, my god. this is one of the most idiotic arguments i have seen in my life.

Glorious, isn't it?

"Don't get in my face, don't invade my space. I'll put you in your place.

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

I'm saying no one here has the responsibility to make a game for you. It's alright to bring up the concept, but interjecting at a whim into unrelated, ongoing discussions is a breach of etiquette. This is not the first time it has happened, and I feel that it might be putting undue pressure on our fellows to make such a game. It is, essentially, spam.

Trying to exploit some sort of clever loophole in the forum rules is a bad idea. Those of the Tip.it administration are perfectly capable of acting on their own jurisdiction, and it is somewhat expected of Tavern Moderators, in light of past incidents.

I have nothing against Hegemony... I have no reason to have anything against Hegemony... I have taken part in Hegemony games in the past, albeit ones with different formulas than the standard. The only reason I might be against the idea is if it interfered with other game schedules, and to be honest I am uninterested in currently existing games. Hell, a new Hegemony might even liven things up around here. But regardless of my opinions, I do not pester. Learned that lesson already, with the Dungeoneering sessions. :P

Anyways, there's no reason either of us should get that worked up about it. I'm just doing my job of keeping things tidy and on track, not as if there's anything going on your permanent record.

Also, while The Back Room may in fact be an off-topic thread, it is meant to allow Taverners to discuss things not pertaining to the games. It has as much direction as any thread, it simply is more flexible in subject. Anything within forum rules is fair game here, so long as it retains some small degree of politeness and coherency.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Resistance doesn't want to give up his jar of dirt because he likes it.

I'm not sure I get what you're trying to say. But w/e it is, PLEASE do not try and bait a reaction out of Resistance, and Resistance, don't take the bait if this is indeed the intention of Lynx's post. I'll give it the benefit of the doubt and say it isn't, but it'd be nice to not have the thread fall back into another argument such as the one spanning a few pages back.

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

Oh, and you too Lynx, please no random inane stuff. Or baiting. Baiting is bad. :P

Hey, Iey, come to think of it... You'd make a good Green-Name around here. :D

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Oh, and you too Lynx, please no random inane stuff. Or baiting. Baiting is bad. :P

Hey, Iey, come to think of it... You'd make a good Green-Name around here. :D

I'm not sure about that. Barely anyone here besides you and Retech know me well enough to be comfortable that idea. lol

Lqt9R.png

Well, it seems that a good moderator has some degree of detachment from matters... Plus you understand the Tavern itself as well as its users.

But whatevs. :P

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Well, it seems that a good moderator has some degree of detachment from matters... Plus you understand the Tavern itself as well as its users.

But whatevs. :P

It's not so much that as it is talking about it like that in the open. For one, modship is given, not applied for IIRC. Would I see myself as a decent mod? Maybe, there are pros and cons to how I'd be one. But ultimately, it's not for us to decide, so no point in talking about it really. lol

On another note. I am completely bored and don't know what to do with my time >:0

Lqt9R.png

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Well, I could be doing worse. I could start calling Resistance a hobbit and being taken to Isengard :twss: I've been listening to the Jar of Dirt, Hobbits to Isengard, and Why's the Rum Gone Remixes. Resistance kinda reminds me of (Captain) Jack Sparrow for some silly reason.

My latest addiction. >:0

Lqt9R.png

I LOVE MIKU!!!!!!!!!!!! My favorite is Celestial Symphony:

I sooooooo gotta make a skating routine for Celestial Symphony. Though, I also love listening to Alice of Human Sacrafice, its both awsome, yet creepy!Not sure if the english translation at the bottom is acurate though

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6MltGHO-lE&feature=view_all&list=PL8AED0A0978E2BA3B&index=0

Page 500 :thumbsup:

Requesting a hegemony please.

How posts like this lead to Hegemony being a dead horse:

Post 1:

Requesting a Pizza.

Post 2:

Oh, and you can send me any Pizza.

Post 3:

That doesn't look like a very good Pizza why don't you make a Pizza like I want.

Post 4:

I don't understand why you want to put tomatoes in the Tomato Paste, Gravy would be better.

Post 5:

Are you sure you know how to make Pizzas? You are using too much flour.

Post 6:

You know, if I was making that Pizza I would be using Gravy.

Post 7:

Well I won't be eating that Pizza, it has Tomatoes and Bread in it.

Post 8:

Requesting a Pizza.

Dozens of Hegemonies have been set up, and each and every time people whine and complain that in their Hegemony all their ideas work and they rule the world by the third turn, so the Mod must be doing it wrong.

Some players have no idea what balance is, and see every action taken by the Moderator as a direct attack on them.

To be honest, its not suprising the majority of Hegemony Mods have given up...considering how some players behave.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

I LOVE MIKU!!!!!!!!!!!! My favorite is Celestial Symphony:

I sooooooo gotta make a skating routine for Celestial Symphony. Though, I also love listening to Alice of Human Sacrafice, its both awsome, yet creepy!Not sure if the english translation at the bottom is acurate though

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6MltGHO-lE&feature=view_all&list=PL8AED0A0978E2BA3B&index=0

Haha, yeah, I have Celestial Symphony fav'd on my youtube already. (I got it from your siggy to begin with, thanks for that awesome song). That second one is pretty awesome as well. If you have any other delightful Japanese musical pieces, please PM me them. :D

Lqt9R.png

I've got a task for you; to find any game that my computer won't max out on http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/CYRI/intro.aspx (apart from ArmA III which only requires some other (and possibly older) versions of CPU and graphics card).

I've tried both Crysis 2 and GTA: IV, it maxes them out.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

I've got a task for you; to find any game that my computer won't max out on http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/CYRI/intro.aspx (apart from ArmA III which only requires some other (and possibly older) versions of CPU and graphics card).

I've tried both Crysis 2 and GTA: IV, it maxes them out.

I'm not sure I understand the question, cuz I can name off about 10 games right now that you could run on your PC just off the top of my head.

Lqt9R.png

Oh, a game that is so intensive that it destroys your computer's specifications.

Dwarf. Fortress.

Sure, your computer can probably run it according to the system it needs, but try that when there are 200 dwarves tracking huge amounts of blood and gore throughout the fortress and still maintain a decent fps.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

You can pass the test and still have problem with it..

I mean you could play Minecraft, but yet you would freeze if you let off 100 TNT

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?