The Back Room

stevepole

Aaaand I just had to go puke.

Please don't do that again. :blink:

Not that I have any problem with the concept of such things as BDSM, but that was a very disturbing description.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Aaaand I just had to go puke.

Please don't do that again. :blink:

Not that I have any problem with the concept of such things as BDSM, but that was a very disturbing description.

You would not do well within a dark RP environment, no sir, you wouldn't. xD

"Don't get in my face, don't invade my space. I'll put you in your place.

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

This is waaaaaay beyond dark RP. It's some sort of sick macabre fantasy. The former has a good story and compelling plot to keep going. The latter is filled with bad jokes and wishful thinking. (So a police cop stripper, a French maid, and a hot dog salesmen arrive at the Jones' house...)

Edit: Memory failed me. It was a plumber, not a police cop stripper

Edit2: And the hot dog salesmen is actually a pizza delivery guy dropping off hot sausage

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

This is waaaaaay beyond dark RP. It's some sort of sick macabre fantasy. The former has a good story and compelling plot to keep going. The latter is filled with bad jokes and wishful thinking. (So a police cop stripper, a French maid, and a hot dog salesmen arrive at the Jones' house...)

Edit: Memory failed me. It was a plumber, not a police cop stripper

Edit2: And the hot dog salesmen is actually a pizza delivery guy dropping off hot sausage

Pfft, that's decent villain diary material, after the PCs have raided the villains workshop filled with misshapen horrors, they find a data slate with a diary like that, bonus points if the corpses left behind slowly start reanimating into plague zombies, hell even more if a couple of the "creations" are still alive and assault/burst into explosions of highly virulent pus; I think I've been running DH a bit too much.

LNYvk.png

Back to planning the clan...

We should really find out first who here actually play RuneScape, so that we know how big our clan may be.

Then there's the matter of who many are members and thus can access the citadel.

Then there's planning the time at which we can found the clan.

We are so far three people who are ready; me, Trol and Iey.

I'm available at almost any time between 08:00 and 04:30 GMT (24-hour format mind you...) the next few months.

That means we need two more people before we can gather the signatures. I have a friend who may be willing to join the clan, mind I'd be surprised if he'd be up as long as me.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Don't Rest Your Head, Grim? Or what?

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Dark Heresy, its one of the 40k rpgs, I run sessions twice a week (part of a deal with another GM in my group who is running the Dresden Files rpg) and am currently putting various teams of acolytes through the vetting process, which means that I try to make tpks (or very close to that) every session, with a new set of characters next session. After enough characters have survived to make a team of acolytes they then will go on to the more social aspect of the game. The mission I was talking about was when a team of acolytes was sent to investigate the disappearance of a ship, which was taken over, in one form or another, by a Nurgle worshiping cult (I had them dead of apathy [a skill check showed that their hearts had simply stopped beating] long before the acolytes came aboard the ship). They had a servitor guide that lead them around, and finally to a "new xeno that we are studying" which was locked behind a grate (all the players could see was several yellow green eyes, the servitor then proceded to start to open the gate and released the beast, which chased the players slowly for a fair bit of the session (in a true nurglesque fashion) before eventually having its head blown apart by a crit (damn it). Then a bit more tracking and they came to the bridge, where they found the caged and warped bridge crew/captain of the ship, as well as the data slate. At this point they triggered a trap that released strange green spores into the air and reanimated all of the corpses as plague zombies, oh and the cages were retracted. For some reason, they grabbed the data slate on the table before getting the hell out of there. After a long chase (and most of them being killed) the sole surviving member managed to escape on the shuttle they came in on. This all resulted in the ship being blown the [bleep] up by the Inquisition.

LNYvk.png

Decided to give MLP a fair chance; not sure whether to LOL or puke.

By the feel of it, I would be one of the first to do both at the same time.

Idk about that. I think a good deal of drunks have beat ya to it. :P

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

No, they go blaaaarrrgghhh, I feel like I'm about to go blaarrghh-blaarghh-blarghh with half of it shooting through my nose.

idk, I'm pretty sure I've seen blaarghlle blarghle blaaaaaargghlllle before xD

Lqt9R.png

No, they go blaaaarrrgghhh, I feel like I'm about to go blaarrghh-blaarghh-blarghh with half of it shooting through my nose.

Trust me when I say I've done that and it isn't fun.

Why my family decided to do a family viewing of Spaceballs while both my brother and I were sick and prone to barfing our guts out, I'll never know.

a70c7.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKqI10LAhfs

Huzzah for 50th consecutive hour of listening (Wireless headphones for bathroom breaks, CD player on low for sleeping, and on low when I am talking or otherwise engaged in activities that require my ears...The electrical revolution has definately produced some screwed up results.)

Soon to join the ranks of songs I have listen to so much that they become irritating to listen to and I end up not listening to it for a year or so...

Probably got another hundred, maybe hundred and fifty hours of listening time before then. :thumbsup:

Only part of the song I am not fond of is the ending, doesn't really fit with the rest of the song.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Well damn, I clicked play expecting something ridiculous, but in reality, I like this song you have posted. O.o

Damn you misleading titles!

But, I am finding it difficult to see how the ending does not fit the song. Explain, please? xD

Lqt9R.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch/?v=-BXT7k4zz30&feature=channel_video_title

This is the song i've been lsitening to for the past few days.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

http://www.youtube.com/watch/?v=-BXT7k4zz30&feature=channel_video_title

This is the song i've been lsitening to for the past few days.

Why is this so addicting? >.<

Lqt9R.png

becuase it's hilariously awesome. It's the Chocobo theme with DEATH.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

But, I am finding it difficult to see how the ending does not fit the song. Explain, please? xD

Just thrice listened to the ending, compared with the rest of the song.

The song has two instruments (that I can tell), a Piano and some stringed instrument (I assume Violin...mostly because I like violins)...But anyway:

Through most of the song the instruments work in relative harmony, with two different tunes (though similar) that reinforce each other, though they do occassionally switch...But at the end the two are just put in juxtaposition, with seeming the same three stringed notes, and the same [word for when you use your hand to press a number of contagious keys on a piano at the same time] being repeated in harsh opposition to each other (Juxtaposition).

This following a building cresendo...so it is even more juxtaposed.

But, simply, the whole song is building, moving forwards and such...Then you get 'DUN, dundundun dundundun dundundun dun dun dun dun.' All of the same tone...totally different from the ebb and flow of the rest of the tune....Even in the bits that sound pretty similar, there is a change of tone...The ending misses that.

What he needed was something more like this ending:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12603519/saibuster-hyprespace.mp3

So rather than dying mid song, it faded out...ready to begin again.

For instance compare:

(Specific bit is about 4:00-4:07, but for context)

And

(Again, specific bit is 4:30-4:37)

One, fufilling and you go 'Yeah, thats a good song'

The other, 'Wait, what?'

Ironically he does a much better job at 2:24 to 2:34.

The song flows together, and you aren't left going 'What happened there? I was listening to a nice song and then, suddenly, without warning, it disappeared into a badly cobbled together ending!'

On an entirely unrelated point:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoQb8vb4blA&feature=related

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Resistance, if you keep doing that I will start deleting such posts. I think quite a few people here consider Hegemony something of a dead horse, correct me if I'm wrong everyone else, and whining about it here in the middle of legitimate discussions is just self-serving and inconsiderate.

If someone wants to make and run a Hegemony, then a Hegemony will be made and run.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Never did really understand Hegemony...

I do and I don't, but that's mainly because I never cared to try and learn it, mainly because it's not my thing.

@archi, I can see where you're coming from since you were looping the song, but as a song in itself for just one playthrough, I thought it was fine.

Lqt9R.png