The Back Room

stevepole

.... Didn't I just say I've joined the server already?

EDIT: However, the server is laggy and doesn't allow me to break blocks, for some reason, so I can't do much.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Sorry, I am on the end of a 38 hour day due to silliness that occured about 12 hours ago. I had been planning to go to bed, but I need to put the washing out before then, and the machine isn't finished.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

It's fine? There's no reason to feel sorry for messing small things up when you're tired.

FaladorTavern.png

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

.... Didn't I just say I've joined the server already?

EDIT: However, the server is laggy and doesn't allow me to break blocks, for some reason, so I can't do much.

That's very strange...

My computer is running smoothly at far below maximum capacity, and unless iZone is running haywire, then there's no explanation for the block issues.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Mather, nothing is dropping when I break blocks. I've gotten one random piece of wood and been stuck in a hole for about 10 minutes, so.. I don't believe I'll be doing your server if it keeps dicking up.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Let me try removing Orebfuscator. Anti-xray mods such as it often have adverse effects on genuine blocks, though I don't see how that would prevent drops.

EDIT: Don't know if it would have worked before, but drops certainly appear now.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Now there're drops, but it's still lagging a bit. Oh well.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

My computer's only running at 40% CPU and 40% RAM, and it didn't lag when I tried playing, so the lag isn't originating here. And since my upload is higher than anyone else here's download, even when tested against servers in New York, it's not originating between my computer and the world-wide-web either.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Obviously the Cornell pixies are fiddling with Earth's internet connections. Have you stopped putting dishes of milk out, Earth?

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Angel Beats = Best anime ever.

It wasn't what I was looking for, but it's got me bawling my eyes out so I've got to give it a 7/6.

EDIT: Must've been a long time since the last last time I was happy, because I won't stop crying and I feel like I'm going insane.

EDIT2: 2 years, it's been 2 years since the last time I was actually happy. And for [bleep]'s sake, can't I stop crying? I'm almost incapable any more sounds and it feel like I'm literally wringing out my heart.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Angel Beats = Best anime ever.

It wasn't what I was looking for, but it's got me bawling my eyes out so I've got to give it a 7/6.

EDIT: Must've been a long time since the last last time I was happy, because I won't stop crying and I feel like I'm going insane.

EDIT2: 2 years, it's been 2 years since the last time I was actually happy. And for [bleep]'s sake, can't I stop crying? I'm almost incapable any more sounds and it feel like I'm literally wringing out my heart.

Cool story bro

I wasn't going to recommend it, since I didn't think you'd like it. I'm glad you found it yourself and proved me wrong.

Also:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_-M-8zG0Is

You now associate the drama music with only the chair scene.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Don't think I'm reading Angel Beats at all, considering how lazy I am and how many viruses I've gotten from poorly guarded sites.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

All hail that guy, our glorious whatsit

Been a while. Still a sentient carbon based being, I trust?

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Legends of Pegasus is sort of addictive, but really annoying in that the AI is terrible (I just had an utterly epic battle, in which my home system was under extreme attack, fought off the enemy with literally my last HP...and it turns out one of their ships is stuck beyond my range, and my only craft had its engine blown up) and there is a 10 (down from 40) % chance the game will crash after a battle.

I am considerably happier now that the saves can simply be loaded, as opposed to needing to load it thrice to get it to load...usually to crash shortly afterwards.

In short, the premise is good, its marred with bugs and there are a number of really fundermental mistakes (no slidebars on menus longer than your arm...No tech tree to speak off, so you are guessing a lot...Huge numbers of very similar weapons). I think another few weeks, maybe two months, and it will rival MOO2 in terms of cult status...If the GUM can get off their soapboxes long enough to stop demanding a refund.

I would like to know why Space games seem to always have this problem...I can't think of a recent fantasy game that was released half finished.

For Retech:

Klassenstrijd

Ik ben een Nieuw Amsterdammer!

What would these United States be if the people of New York had been allowed, or forced, to retain the first immigrants tongue? When we look across the Atlantic we see what might have been if we had not imposed, however easily, and with however much consent of the people, one tongue. A fractured union, forever stymid behind, not just language barriers, but mental barriers as well. But is it right to impose our tongue, our ways and values on new immigrants? To quash their freedoms and liberties in the defence of these United States? Moreover do we even have that capacity? Over a million immigrants come to the United States every year, could we really (re)educatate them all to think as we think, to speak as we speak, to believe what we believe? Would it even be desirable?

In our history this was possible only because our society was still growing, isolated on both sides by the mighty oceans, and the traditions of the old world mixed with that of the new. Now the oceans are rendered all but impotent, and we stand as a mature nation, to reintroduce such an influx would be akin to asking an adult to re-attend grade school...The Adult neither wants, nor needs, to do so, and so resists.

So if we cannot grow and cannot incorporate, except in slow and limited ways, then we must endeveour to prevent exceeding those limits.

And so on (since I know you won't use this and I need to go to bed or have to cook dinner).

That probably proves that I've interrupted you from your gaming. :)

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Given that Joyful is almost certainly dead, would anyone join a new Dungeoneering/Space style game? I am thinking of a post-apocolyptic setting, though I am open to other settings.

If anyone has suggestions please let me know.

Not retro-futuristic, the only way it can be done in a manner that isn't annoying is the way Fallout did it.

I'd like a new Space game though, one suggestion I have is making it similar to SGU; being stranded on an empty, vast, autonomous spaceship that does stuff without giving us any reason why.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

I can do that if you like, the only issue I found with SGU is that for the first 13 episodes nothing much seemed to happen and nothing anyone did made any real difference (Ala episode when the ship was going to dive into a star).

And yeah, I am reasonably against a Retro-Futuristic setting, it makes it very hard to build genuine interaction (Which is the greatest fun-spect of Space, e.g. Ficus), since people just pull out their nuclear-swiss-army-knife and solve any problem.

Probably the best suggestion I can make is "Where would you base a situation-comedy?" for a Space like game.

Well, not being able to do anything was sort of the point there; to build up the sense of hopelessness that the situation caused. If you were able to do things right off the bat, then where would the drive to explore come from? Exploration is optional when you're in control, as many find no point in improving the situation if you can already survive comfortably.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1